More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:56:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too Many Damn Patches (1.31/1.32/1.33)  (Read 76938 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.31
« Reply #25 on: 2012 March 03, 23:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone install the PC version of the patch yet? I tried, getting that lovely 'no file found' error.

Using the patch tool from MTS works.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012 March 03, 23:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the game will nag you if you don't log in to log in. Hopefully AwesomeMod will be able to remove the nag screen.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 04, 00:20:00 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012 March 04, 06:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the new test version of AM but haven't played the game yet.  Still, I trust Pes' test versions more than EAxis' fail final versions (of anything).

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012 March 04, 17:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please provide me a link to the Awesome Mod Test version page? I swear I wont lose it again.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 04, 17:31:02 by Turd Ferguson » Logged

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012 March 04, 20:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is fucking unprecedented. Previously when I've played, the game would give me at least 2 or 3 hours worth of game time before crashing. Now it just hands me the "Sims 3 has stopped working and needs to close" dialog in under a minute while in Live mode. Build or Buy Mode? Take as long as you'd like. Spend FOREVER just customizing every silly facet of your Sim's home and furnishings. But if you want to actually play the game? Go fuck yourself. I'm going to pointlessly crash.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine with 4GB of memory. I'm at 1.31, with all EPs and SPs fully updated thanks to that MTS tool. I've cleared out ALL my CC save for Store items, updated to the current test version of AwesomeMod, and cleared the caches. Still no dice.

Thanks EA. You have a goddamn bug that makes your product utterly and completely useless.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2012 March 04, 22:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks EA. You have a goddamn bug that makes your product utterly and completely useless.

Wow. I don't think anybody expected that.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012 March 05, 01:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this is fucking unprecedented. Previously when I've played, the game would give me at least 2 or 3 hours worth of game time before crashing. Now it just hands me the "Sims 3 has stopped working and needs to close" dialog in under a minute while in Live mode. Build or Buy Mode? Take as long as you'd like. Spend FOREVER just customizing every silly facet of your Sim's home and furnishings. But if you want to actually play the game? Go fuck yourself. I'm going to pointlessly crash.

I'm on a Windows 7 machine with 4GB of memory. I'm at 1.31, with all EPs and SPs fully updated thanks to that MTS tool. I've cleared out ALL my CC save for Store items, updated to the current test version of AwesomeMod, and cleared the caches. Still no dice.

First thing you shouldn't be doing is double posting, edit old post first.

On another note, did you try to add your game to the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) list? That seems to fix a lot of the "Sims 3 has stopped working" issues. If you need to know how to do it, go here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012 March 05, 03:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing you shouldn't be doing is double posting, edit old post first.

On another note, did you try to add your game to the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) list? That seems to fix a lot of the "Sims 3 has stopped working" issues. If you need to know how to do it, go here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings

Already did that. Still crashes.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012 March 05, 05:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it do that with just nothing installed? Keep in mind you're using the test version, which hasn't undergone adequate crash testing yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012 March 05, 06:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game just crashed after about 20 minutes in Live Mode.  Prior to this patch and installing the test version of AM, I could play for at least 5 hours.  But other people are saying they have no problems.  *sigh 

Does it do that with just nothing installed? Keep in mind you're using the test version, which hasn't undergone adequate crash testing yet.
Do you prefer crash logs from vanilla games only, if in fact you want to see one?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012 March 05, 15:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only CC I have installed is Twallan's noCD, the nointro, and the store items in .package form, except for the additional neighborhoods which don't work properly with just .package files, and counters. Haven't crashed yet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012 March 05, 16:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new test update, I fixed a crashy thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012 March 05, 18:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded it and will test sometime tonight.  Is it all right to use the configuration tool?

Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2012 March 05, 21:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sucks, I've been trying since yesterday to update a vanilla game with only Basegame and Master Suite installed and I'm getting an "invalid file found" error. Apparently that happens with cracked games, but I don't use cracks. I wanted the achievements so freakin' bad D:
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012 March 05, 22:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone install the PC version of the patch yet? I tried, getting that lovely 'no file found' error.

I have tried the MTS tool and it doesn't work,I have also tried installing with the launcher and that didn't work either. Update error: Invalid file found.

Edit: I have also taken out all my downloads and hacks from the game and tried to install the patch,still getting the same error.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012 March 05, 22:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried the MTS tool and it doesn't work...

PEBKAC

I have also tried installing with the launcher and that didn't work either. Update error: Invalid file found.

Then somewhere somehow there is an invalid file somewhere. Using a crack are we? Used one of those world fix mods from MTS?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012 March 05, 22:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried the MTS tool and it doesn't work...

PEBKAC

I have also tried installing with the launcher and that didn't work either. Update error: Invalid file found.

Then somewhere somehow there is an invalid file somewhere. Using a crack are we? Used one of those world fix mods from MTS?

I did have a crack installed,but I have AM test version installed. To be honest,I don't have a clue what a world fix mod is,let alone heard of it before now.

I think I will uninstall and not use any cracks,just AM. Thanks for the heads up.
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012 March 05, 23:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What patch tool are you talking about? If you mean the Sims 3 Patch Downloader, how do I INSTALL a patch? Because it downloads them, but I don't see the install option. Or am I blind? Please excuse me for being so stupid.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012 March 05, 23:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What patch tool are you talking about? If you mean the Sims 3 Patch Downloader, how do I INSTALL a patch? Because it downloads them, but I don't see the install option. Or am I blind? Please excuse me for being so stupid.

Tick the box at the bottom right that says automatic install. We are talking about the one that you can find on mod the sims website.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012 March 05, 23:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or am I blind? Please excuse me for being so stupid.

Yes and No

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Demise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012 March 06, 02:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the new test update, I fixed a crashy thing.

The new test version for awesomemod is working fine for me now. I've played for an hour without a hitch. Everything is fixed, thank you.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012 March 06, 07:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just played a few hours with the new AM; it works perfectly.  Baa.

freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012 March 06, 10:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated fine through MTS patch thingy,after uninstalling and reinstalling the sims 3 and all packs. No cracks this time,just AM test version and my game is working well.
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012 March 06, 13:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tick the box at the bottom right that says automatic install. We are talking about the one that you can find on mod the sims website.
I saw that. I meant if there was no way to update with that without downloading the patch.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012 March 06, 13:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that. I meant if there was no way to update with that without downloading the patch.

It's a tool for downloading the patches. It has no other function than that. Unless I am missing something?

Edit: This is the patch downloader over at MTS. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: