More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:32:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Uncracking Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uncracking Sims 3  (Read 6691 times)
Valid_Enough
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Uncracking Sims 3
« on: 2012 February 28, 07:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I have just spent an hour trying to register. I hate bran muffins now.

Moving on, I made a horrendous n00b mistake. I cracked my game because game4theworld told me to use their ultimate fix. My game is acting up and base game content is messing up as if it were custom content. Bottom line, I want to uncrack it without having to reinstall everything. I have pets with the 1.29 patch so can someone upload their uncracked .exe and .dll so I can use a no-cd mod or  tell me how to go about uncracking? I read something about repatching to get the original exe but I'm pretty sure if I try to run the patcher again my game will become borked.

Any help?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Uncracking Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 28, 13:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  Reinstall your game.  While it is reinstalling, think about your life and what you have done.  When it is finished installing, use a no-cd mod and something to bypass the launcher.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 28, 22:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  Reinstall your game.  While it is reinstalling, think about your life and what you have done.  When it is finished installing, use a no-cd mod and something to bypass the launcher.
Such as AwesomeMod, which has a built-in no-cd feature.
Valid_Enough
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 29, 03:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done terrible things...

I would reinstall but I don't have any of my backups since my external hard drive crashed. I was thinking someone would understand but I guess I was wrong (at least I wasn't insulted  Smiley). Would installing another EP or SP such as Master Suite fix the problem by overwriting the crack? My game is playable, it just bugs me that I'm using a crack. It will take a day to reinstall everything and I don't see the point of it since I can just replace the .exe and .dll easily. Thanks for the feedback.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 29, 04:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would reinstall but I don't have any of my backups since my external hard drive crashed. I was thinking someone would understand but I guess I was wrong (at least I wasn't insulted  Smiley). Would installing another EP or SP such as Master Suite fix the problem by overwriting the crack? My game is playable, it just bugs me that I'm using a crack. It will take a day to reinstall everything and I don't see the point of it since I can just replace the .exe and .dll easily. Thanks for the feedback.

We're not responsible for your failures as a pirate.  Take a valuable lesson from this and be less stupid next time.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 29, 06:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are only 2 options. Use the backed up files [you did back up the original .exe/.dlls before you installed the crack, didn't you?] which will reverse the damage done. If you can't do that, you need to reinstall.

Always keep your original files. Leave them in the same folder for ease and just rename them. Otherwise you are just inviting problems.

Now shoo.

Valid_Enough
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 March 01, 01:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not trying to hold anyone accountable for my "failure" as a pirate. I was just wondering if anyone had back-ups I could use. I wasn't stupid; I backed everything up on my hard drive which crashed. I am not trying to be disrespectful, I apologize if I seem this way. Since I'm going to have to reinstall anyway, I'm going to test if installing Master Suite will fix my dilemma. I appreciate your responses and I am sorry for offending you.

EDIT 2: I see now, I am being an idiot. Please ignore me. Despite installing MS without problems, the crack remained untouched. Reinstalling now.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 01, 03:32:37 by Valid_Enough » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: