More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:39:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  CAS Sliders Not Showing Up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CAS Sliders Not Showing Up  (Read 3935 times)
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CAS Sliders Not Showing Up
« on: 2012 February 23, 23:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at other topics about this, and went on MTS and found nothing relevent because there were no topics based on a Mac.

I did many similar things to the other posts, I took out every other custom files including the custom neighborhoods and Sims3pack files, replaced the sliders, the slider hack and recource. file, tried multiple other slider hacks and the for some weird reason the CC only works if I don't use framework.

I had a belly slider, Johna's Sliders and a few others in the game before I downloaded some corrupted files, then I removed all the bad files, and this was thing that didn't work after I fixed it.

Is this an actual problem, or is it just because EA coding hates Macs? And if it's not just coding, does anyone know how to fix this?

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand, nog nog noganoga nognog.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: CAS Sliders Not Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 24, 14:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at other topics about this, and went on MTS and found nothing relevent because there were no topics based on a Mac.

I did many similar things to the other posts, I took out every other custom files including the custom neighborhoods and Sims3pack files, replaced the sliders, the slider hack and recource. file, tried multiple other slider hacks and the for some weird reason the CC only works if I don't use framework.

I had a belly slider, Johna's Sliders and a few others in the game before I downloaded some corrupted files, then I removed all the bad files, and this was thing that didn't work after I fixed it.

Is this an actual problem, or is it just because EA coding hates Macs? And if it's not just coding, does anyone know how to fix this?

This sounds an awful lot like a Framework fail to me. You're going to want to make sure that you have the framework installed correctly. I can't speak as to how that works on a Mac because I'm on a Windows machine, but a few EPs ago, EA changed something, and now the framework can be installed differently. So, make sure you have the framework installed correctly, and all in the right places.

The other thing is, for custom sliders to show up properly (or at least to increase the limit) you do need a hack. However, Awesomemod also fixes the issue, so if you're using Awesomemod, you DO NOT need to use jonha's slider hack, just the slider packages.

As a side note, jonha's sliders do show up in Pets, if you're running that EP, but they're mostly broken. Something about the bone weights/skeleton/whatever changed and now the sliders often produce incorrect and funny results. So if you have pets, you might not have to worry about the sliders. (Not all of them are broken, but I recall that several are.)

Also, if you're using any hack that alters the CAS UI, remove it to be sure it's not conflicting. I recall that being an issue at some point or another as well.

Basically, it sounds like you need to start from scratch and make absolutely sure that your Framework is set up correctly.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Lagtop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: CAS Sliders Not Showing Up
« Reply #2 on: 2012 March 06, 18:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd point out some spelling mistakes.
Releveant
Recsource
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: