More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:23:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim stuck in France after honeymoon
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim stuck in France after honeymoon  (Read 3148 times)
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim stuck in France after honeymoon
« on: 2012 February 22, 04:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched for every wording of this problem I could think of, but I haven't found any answers. Two of my sims got married and rolled wants to go on vacation in France for their honeymoon. I sent them home early after an uneventful two days, and when the home neighborhood reloaded, one sim was missing. Upon looking at his wife's relationship panel, it behaved as if he was still a foreign visitor. The first thing I tried was to invite him over as a foreign visitor and then add him to the family via the testing cheats. When I did that, he maintained all of his relationships and skills, but his celebrity status/memories/work status/inventory had been completely wiped. Luckily, I was able to reload the previous save - on their first day in France. However, I'd like to prevent this from happening again so that I can actually get them home without the guy being kidnapped by what I assume is the sim version of the French Foreign Legion.

I'm running a clean game with the exception of Awesomemod. Any ideas/reasons why this might be happening?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: Sim stuck in France after honeymoon
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 22, 10:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First- Did you actually try again first to see if it wasn't a once off glitch?
Second- Try completing their entire trip if the first suggestion still resulted in the same thing, and see what happens.

What were you DOING in France? It could be something that was being done there could have bugged him out. Did you move them into a holiday home? Did you try moving them into a holiday home, and then going home?
I had this very issue at one point, but I just reloaded an old save and the wife came home the next time around.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 22, 17:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest using The Traveler from Twallan. It will prevent stuff like this from happening in the first place. If something does happen, you can show the logs to Twallan and then he can try to fix it. You can also get his mod Overwatch, which will recover missing sims.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ
Raycee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 March 07, 22:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem.  I used the "resetsim" cheat and it fixed my problem
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: