More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:31:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Crash in Buy/Build Mode
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Crash in Buy/Build Mode  (Read 11626 times)
Hurricanee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Game Crash in Buy/Build Mode
« on: 2012 February 11, 09:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone,
First of all i wanted to give a big to J. M. Pescado and his masterpiece awesomemod !
Its a really helpful "tool" and makes things easier and even better for me and i think for other players too.
But now let me explain why i opened this thread..

Since i got the newest versions and updates for Sims 3 and Sims 3 Pets my game crashes when i change to Buy or build Mode...
I uninstalled Pets and other new Stuff expansions but obviously it didn' help..
I put all my mod stuff out of game and tried only awesmoemod but even that didn' help. Undecided
Google wasn't able to find any results for my problem... Huh

I hope someone can tell me here how i can solve that kind of crap error... Angry

BTW : My system runs Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (64 bit version)

Hope for fast answers

Greets HurricanE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Game Crash in Buy/Build Mode
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 11, 14:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please make an effort to proofread your posts before submitting, and use emoticons sparingly, if at all.  This isn't Facebook or LiveJournal.  You should never use multiple full stops at the end of a sentence, because it makes your post look retarded.  You might as well end each sentence with "DURRRRRRRRRR."  Also, don't sign your posts, and check to see if there is an appropriate thread to post in before opening a new one.  Since there is a thread devoted to Awesomemod discussion, questions, and tips, opening a new thread just makes you look like a speshul snowflake who feels her time and issues are more important than anyone else.

That being said, are you removing ALL CC and checking with ONLY Awesomemod in place?  Your post stated you "put all [your] mod stuff out of game," which suggests that you left everything else in and only removed what you considered appropriately "moddy."  No one else is complaining of constant game crashes when trying to access Build/Buy; this implies you are Doing It Wrong.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 11, 16:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you just joining us, Jezzer has graciously expounded on the MATY mantras of:

• read the FAQ before posting
  • search MOAR
  • learn how to troubleshoot, and
  • you're doing it wrong

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 11, 20:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next I shall perform Handel's "Read the FAQ Symphony in A#," as arranged for cello, harpsichord, and tard chorus.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 11, 21:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next I shall perform Handel's "Read the FAQ Symphony in A#," as arranged for cello, harpsichord, and tard chorus.
No no, that was Haydn.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 12, 00:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Bach?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 12, 00:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bach and Handel didn't write symphonies, silly.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 12, 01:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My point: it has been missed.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 17, 16:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google wasn't able to find any results for my problem... Huh
That's because there are no results for the problem, save for reinstalling (including wiping Sims 3 from the registry after uninstallation) and avoiding the 1.29 patch. There's a small band of us that have had no luck getting the crashing to stop. The Sims 3 site is full with the so-called fixes, and they do work for some, but not all. Because there seems to be only a small number of us who have crashing, there won't be a patch to fix it, according to EA. If you've not looked at the Tech section on EA's forum to see about fixing your game, I'd suggest you do so. Maybe one of those things will work for you. If not, you're stuck with the rest of us who either: a. can't play or b. managed to reinstall and avoided the 1.29 patch.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 17, 22:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, "be a paranoid tard like me and avoid patching" is even less helpful advice than I gave.

nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 18, 23:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To elaborate on jeromycraig's post above, not patching=bad. Generally, patching helps you more than it hurts. Why? Patching fixes some limited issues, and you get better tech support, not only from EA but mod creators. If you go and bitch about something to EA or a creator, and you mention that you're not updated, the first thing they'll tell you to do is patch, and you get nowhere.

INF/TP
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 19, 01:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that object and mod creators tend to create for the most recent patch.  Only the speshulest of snowflakes would be arrogant enough to think that cc creators should keep an archive of older versions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: