More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:01:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird error after installing AM.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird error after installing AM.  (Read 8027 times)
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weird error after installing AM.
« on: 2012 February 11, 03:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've used Awesomemod for the last year. I love it and can't live without it. A month ago, my boyfriend surprised me with buying me a Macbook, so I installed my game on it, and started collecting CC again as well as AM. Just last week I bought an iMac (for school) and yesterday I installed the game (all expansions and stuff packs, minus Fast Lane), downloaded some CC so the game wasn't boring, and installed AM. Now I'm getting an odd error when I try to create a sim, and it's only with AM installed. I've got the latest update and patch for all games so I've really no idea what's going on. I thought maybe it was the sliders I installed, but those aren't causing the issues. I've never had this issue on my PC or Macbook, so I'm basically at a loss. If I take AM out of my Mods folder, then the game is perfectly fine.

Here's a screenshot of the error I get.
http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/3/0/6/9/2/9/9/MTS_Kayleena-1272134-ScreenShot2012-02-10at8.09.03PM.png
It doesn't matter what I click; Yes or No closes the game without warning. Clicking yes just has Mac asking me if I want to send a report to them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Weird error after installing AM.
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 11, 04:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen such an error before. This happens when starting CAS? Can anyone corroborate this? My CAS works fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 11, 07:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. As I mentioned before, I thought just maybe the sliders I installed were causing the issues because I had put them on a thumb drive from my PC. But no, they're just fine. AM is just fine on my Macbook, so it SHOULD be the same on my Mac, but I get that error each time.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 11, 10:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an extremely common Mac error. There are threads all over the Official forums and on MTS about it. Try re-naming your The Sims 3 folder to something else and starting a completely fresh game. Otherwise, Google might help. That's all I know on the subject because I don't have a Mac and have never experienced the problem.
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 12, 03:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an extremely common Mac error. There are threads all over the Official forums and on MTS about it. Try re-naming your The Sims 3 folder to something else and starting a completely fresh game. Otherwise, Google might help. That's all I know on the subject because I don't have a Mac and have never experienced the problem.

If I take AM out of my Mods folder, I can load CAS just fine. I went through the config tool to double check the options I chose, and everything's the same as on my Macbook. I thought maybe it was because I was in a custom world from MTS, so I tested it on an EA made world and I got the same error. I'm not surprised that it's a common error on a Mac, but I'm really confused on why it's happening with only AM installed. I don't have any other mods installed at the moment. I'll try and call EA's customer support and see what they have to say, but it seems like their service is a bit dodgy. Just hoping I get the error figured out and can use AM.

However, I will try a fresh game and see about moving AM into it.
Kayleena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 14, 01:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I tried a fresh game, and it worked perfectly. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the games in order of release as I seen somewhere that that was an issue and fixed the problem for someone else. Weeeell, I guess I wasn't as lucky as that person. I still get the error only with AM installed. This really sucks because I sort of depend on Awesomemod. It fixes everything EA forgot about or was too lazy to work with.

If you felt like looking into this error, I would be willing to use my iMac and Macbook as test subjects. I do understand that this is a common Mac error and that it happens to people who don't even know AM exists, but I'm just wondering if it's possible for AM to bypass/fix this error for Mac users.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 14, 02:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post.  Use the "Modify" button to edit your last post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: