More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:21:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  weird jump bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: weird jump bugs  (Read 8383 times)
keks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
weird jump bugs
« on: 2012 February 07, 21:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a strange bug in my game lately. I have all EP's and no SP and i think it started when I installed AL a few weeks ago, but I'm not really sure sice it might just have gone unnoticed before.

Whenever my sims are just standing around doing nothing, they disappear for less than 1 second, along with the plumbob, and then they appear again but in a different angle than before. It's like they would rotate or something.
When started once, it happens all the time. It looks like a jump bug, but the sims don't change anything but the angle.

What I've done so far:
I took out all hacks at once and started the game again. It seemed like everything was normal again, so I thought it's because of one of the hacks, so I put some of them into the downloads folder again, until I thought I had found the file which caused the problem. Then the game seemed to be normal again and everything was fine. However, the same thing happend a few days later.
I took out the entire downloads folder, but when entering the lot afterwards, time wouldn't pass, the clock was just freezed and nothing moved. It worked on other lots though, which led me to believe that it's just this one lot, until the same thing happend at another lot, too.
I don't think it's neighborhood corruption because I thought it was when it happened first, and because I didn't know how to fix it I started a new neighborhood where the same thing happened after a while. I've also used the lot debugger, with no effect.

The strange thing is that it seems to happen just randomly. Moving the family into the family bin and moving them into the house again solves the problem for a short time, but it will happen again sooner or later.
So, is there anything else I could try now?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: weird jump bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 08, 03:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've moved them back into the same house? Most of the time it's CC, sometimes it's the sims, sometimes it's the lot. Try a different house. Or try a whole different family and save file

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
keks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 08, 11:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was the same house, but it also happens on other lots and in different neighborhoods. After moving them back the bugs vanished, but it happens again from time to time. And I forgot to mention that when this errors occur, the portrait of the sim changes frequently.
Besides, everytime it happens all sims on the lot are affected. I don't know if visitors are, though.
It also happens in other families, but not inevitably at the same time.

I'll try to remove all CC again, leaving only what is really important. The problem is that I never really know if I managed to fix it or not, because I dont know when it will happen again. Sometimes I just take out something from my downloads folder and then it works again, until the next time it happens and I realize that I didn't actually fix it. At first I thought it might have been a few AL incopatible hacks that caused the problem, since I believe it came with AL, so I checked for hacks I might have overlooked, but I didn't find any. Maybe I should try to find out what exactly causes the lot to freeze after I take out the entire downloads folder, since only lots affected by this bug seem to freeze. So if I could find the file responsible for that maybe removing it will help, if there even is such a file.

I don't know what else I to do, though, and it's just super annoying.

Edit: I think I finally fixed it. I managed to get an error log (there wouldn't appear one yesterday), saying there was an object error and something with a bed. So I deleted all beds on the lot and everything was okay again. The bugs were only there when someone was sleeping in the bed, which expains why it happened only occasionally and not all the time. Besides, it was a base game bed which was only stuck or something like that, and I guess that's why removing the downloads folder wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 08, 13:26:38 by keks » Logged
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 08, 13:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was the same house, but it also happens on other lots and in different neighborhoods. After moving them back the bugs vanished, but it happens again from time to time. And I forgot to mention that when this errors occur, the portrait of the sim changes frequently.
Besides, everytime it happens all sims on the lot are affected. I don't know if visitors are, though.
It also happens in other families, but not inevitably at the same time.

I'll try to remove all CC again, leaving only what is really important. The problem is that I never really know if I managed to fix it or not, because I dont know when it will happen again. Sometimes I just take out something from my downloads folder and then it works again, until the next time it happens and I realize that I didn't actually fix it. At first I thought it might have been a few AL incopatible hacks that caused the problem, since I believe it came with AL, so I checked for hacks I might have overlooked, but I didn't find any. Maybe I should try to find out what exactly causes the lot to freeze after I take out the entire downloads folder, since only lots affected by this bug seem to freeze. So if I could find the file responsible for that maybe removing it will help, if there even is such a file.

I don't know what else I to do, though, and it's just super annoying.

Truly, I don't know what might be causing the bug, since I've never encountered it myself, but what's the last piece of CC you added before the bug started occurring? Last time I played TS2 was a while ago, but I did have AL and this never happened, so it might not be the EP itself...
Perhaps you should try to test without the last 3-4 things you added, in turn, and see if that does anything? Maybe even non-mod CC too.
keks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 08, 13:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naiad, I don't know if you read the edit of my last post, because it seems that I found the actual problem. It was a base game bed which was apparently stuck or something like that, and it only happens when I place the bed at exactly that place. I use Inge's inaccessible beds mod, since I often have pretty small houses. On the lot where it happened, there were about 3 tiles where you couldn't place anything because of the roof slope, but I used moveobjects to place the bed there. And then, everytime someone slept in this bed, this error occurred. I replaced the bed and thought the problem was solved, but it wasn't the bed actually, but the fact that I placed it just there.

I noticed the bugs after getting this mod, which I took out of the downloads folder right after the bug appeared, but it didn't help.
The problem was that even when I took out the hack the bed was still where it was standing before, and moreover, there was someone sleeping in it, which caused the bug. I didn't get that it was because of this, though.

So you and morriganrant are right, because it was CC that caused the problem, at least indirectly, even if it took me that long to actually notice it.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 09, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naiad, I don't know if you read the edit of my last post, because it seems that I found the actual problem. It was a base game bed which was apparently stuck or something like that, and it only happens when I place the bed at exactly that place. I use Inge's inaccessible beds mod, since I often have pretty small houses. On the lot where it happened, there were about 3 tiles where you couldn't place anything because of the roof slope, but I used moveobjects to place the bed there. And then, everytime someone slept in this bed, this error occurred. I replaced the bed and thought the problem was solved, but it wasn't the bed actually, but the fact that I placed it just there.

I noticed the bugs after getting this mod, which I took out of the downloads folder right after the bug appeared, but it didn't help.
The problem was that even when I took out the hack the bed was still where it was standing before, and moreover, there was someone sleeping in it, which caused the bug. I didn't get that it was because of this, though.

So you and morriganrant are right, because it was CC that caused the problem, at least indirectly, even if it took me that long to actually notice it.

I hadn't seen the edit, no. I'd hit quote before you edited, spent a while thinking and then posted, and did not notice your edit. Glad it's fixed! Mind sharing which bed, in case someone else has the problem in the future? I have a lot of CC in my TS2 game, for example, and wouldn't really like sorting through it in order to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.
keks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 09, 16:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really glad, too, especially since it took me days to find out what caused the problem.
However, it wasn't the bed but its placement that caused problems. The bed itself wasn't even downloaded. I've tried with different beds though and the same thing happened, so it was definitely the placement. I placed it under the roof slope, where you normally can't place anything because the sims wouldn't be able to use/reach it then. I used moveobjects though, since I use Inge's hack which allows sims to sleep in inaccessible beds. It was neither the bed nor the hack itself that caused the bug.
The problem was the hack and the placement together and it didn't depend on the bed.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 09, 19:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really glad, too, especially since it took me days to find out what caused the problem.
However, it wasn't the bed but its placement that caused problems. The bed itself wasn't even downloaded. I've tried with different beds though and the same thing happened, so it was definitely the placement. I placed it under the roof slope, where you normally can't place anything because the sims wouldn't be able to use/reach it then. I used moveobjects though, since I use Inge's hack which allows sims to sleep in inaccessible beds. It was neither the bed nor the hack itself that caused the bug.
The problem was the hack and the placement together and it didn't depend on the bed.

I must have been asleep when I wrote that, because you'd mentioned placement not the bed itself being the problem before.
keks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 11, 18:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I was wrong. The bug's still there, this time on a different lot. I have absolutely no idea what to do now, but I'll try removing all my CC again and will report back when I've found out how to avoid the problem.

Edit: I think I eventually solved the problem. I found the "no read to sleep vase" from Inge, downloaded it and placed it on the lot which was affected by the bug and it seems that the problem is gone. Since I was wrong about the solution last time, I've attached an error log. It would be really great if someone could take a look at it and tell me if the autonomous read to sleep action was the actual problem or if there is another one.

* ObjectError_N001_t490797.txt (108.45 KB - downloaded 559 times.)
« Last Edit: 2012 February 12, 12:28:40 by keks » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: