More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:52:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  removing service/NPC sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: removing service/NPC sims  (Read 12212 times)
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
removing service/NPC sims
« on: 2012 February 07, 18:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know how to prevent service sims from spawning in the game.? I have Twoftmamas less service sims mod but it allows for 1 each of the service sims to be present in the game. Everything is fine on my castaway island, and there are no sims present except my castaways, until I place an empty or commercial lot of any kind on the Island. Then the service sims appear and start wandering about. Seems they need a lot that is not occcupied to spawn from and dissapear into.. If I use Awesomemod "destroy all NPCs." All the wildlife and wildhorses disappear. Which would be okay except my castaways are trying to befriend the wildlife.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: removing service/NPC sims
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 07, 19:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
+
This:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register

Could probably solve your problem.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 07, 21:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have Story Progression and most of Twallan's mods including Register and was not able to find a setting or any info in NRAAS Wiki, on how to stop all service sims from spawning and wandering around my "deserted island" . 

Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 07, 22:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an option in story progression to replace service sims with ACTUAL sims, and then you can use register to assign which non active sims run the stores.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 08, 00:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that would work for any of the sims that man the registers, but I do not have any stores or hangouts.  Just a park with a community garden, and maybe a small lot with a hut, where a sim could move to if they would like to live  alone.  If there is a community lot or a uninhabited lot of anykind, service sims, repairmen, maids, any of the sims that would normally live in the hidden apts appear and wander around.  Even if it is a vacant lot.  If there is no other lot except the one with sims that are playable, then they do not appear unless my sims calls one on the phone.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 08, 02:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not an ideal situation but have you considered turning them into 'natives'. You could edit them in CAS and then at least they'd be mildly explainable when you encounter them in town.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 08, 06:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or even the other way around: turn your natives into service sims and nuke the stray ones when you find them.

Flowing with the go.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 08, 18:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have decided since it doesn't seem possible to get rid of them altogether, to go with the  t.v show LOST set up as a work- around.  They will be former members of the Llama (Dharma) Initiative.   I actually think that might work out , since it will give me the oppourtunity to indroduce a few more items into their lives.
Would still love to get rid of them, but oh well...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 12, 13:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The core nature of the game is not designed to suit your weirdo urges to build strange neighborhoods. However, if you want to minimize the number of NPCs that appear in your game, remove things that cause them to appear: No rabbitholes, no registers, don't call for any services, type "unsubscribe" into the console in AwesomeMod to prevent the annoying newspaper kid from showing up, etc.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 12, 15:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The core nature of the game is not designed to suit your weirdo urges to build strange neighborhoods.

I want to put this on a needlepoint sampler and frame it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 13, 01:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The core nature of the game is not designed to suit your weirdo urges to build strange neighborhoods. However, if you want to minimize the number of NPCs that appear in your game, remove things that cause them to appear: No rabbitholes, no registers, don't call for any services, type "unsubscribe" into the console in AwesomeMod to prevent the annoying newspaper kid from showing up, etc.
I have already done all the things that you have suggested, and indeed those actions do prevent service sims of anykind from showing up.  I had hoped to accomplish my goal and have at least one community lot on the island.  If there is any lot that does not have a playable sim living on it, the lot spawns NPC's.  Even empty lots.  It is not possible to have a community lot or a residential lot in the world, that doesn't spawn townies.
I wanted to build a castaway Island, and watch it grow to a village.  No weirdo urge, just wanted to be GOD!

ETA:  I was also playing on a inadaquate system, and have since the 1st post updated to a better computer.  I am now able to play bigger and better worlds.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 13, 04:31:14 by littleblackdog » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 13, 14:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hmmm...  a suburban community construction game.  I KNOW!  I'LL MAKE A SPACE STATION!!!!!

PESCADO!!!  WRY MY ANTIGRAVITY NO WERK!?!?!?!?!!?"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 February 13, 15:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have already done all the things that you have suggested, and indeed those actions do prevent service sims of anykind from showing up.  I had hoped to accomplish my goal and have at least one community lot on the island.  If there is any lot that does not have a playable sim living on it, the lot spawns NPC's.  Even empty lots.  It is not possible to have a community lot or a residential lot in the world, that doesn't spawn townies.
I wanted to build a castaway Island, and watch it grow to a village.  No weirdo urge, just wanted to be GOD!

ETA:  I was also playing on a inadaquate system, and have since the 1st post updated to a better computer.  I am now able to play bigger and better worlds.

I was under the impression that AM doesn't spawn sims unless they are needed, like for bosses or coworkers. Have you tried setting the Awesome story pop cap to a really low number, other than 0?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 February 13, 17:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not try adjusting the population cap.  I have given up. 

littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 February 13, 17:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hmmm...  a suburban community construction game.  I KNOW!  I'LL MAKE A SPACE STATION!!!!!

PESCADO!!!  WRY MY ANTIGRAVITY NO WERK!?!?!?!?!!?"
Nothing constructive to add?? NO?? Then go play on the freeway or something.
eta:sp

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 February 13, 19:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't do "constructive" here.  We do "less hostile to the less stupid," and my point was the same as the one Pescado already made:

The core nature of the game is not designed to suit your weirdo urges to build strange neighborhoods.

Also, don't double-post.  I know you know how to use the "Modify" button, because you've already used it once to correct your spelling while neglecting to correct your punctuation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: