More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:00:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  help with sims 3 store content
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: help with sims 3 store content  (Read 10585 times)
hellknowsimcoming
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
help with sims 3 store content
« on: 2012 February 06, 23:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've been downloading the sims 3 store stuff from here and various other places because i cannot be arsed to pay that much for stuff i want. Now i've installed them by putting them in my downloads folder, it says it's installed but cannot find it anywhere in my game. Then i've come across the software s3rc and decrapify. Now some of them actually work but others don't like the ones i actually really want such as Tip Top Toddler Collection and more magic the ultralounge collection.

Does anyone have any idea how i can actually fix this?

sorry if posted in the wrong section
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: help with sims 3 store content
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 07, 00:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't be sorry, just go back and do it properly.

Oh, and you might like to learn how to use the shift key while you're at it.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 08, 01:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The downloads folder is basically a waiting area. They're not actually installed until you tell the Launcher to install them or you unpack the .package files and put them in your Mods/Packages. Since you decrapified them, I'm guessing you mean to use the Launcher.
hellknowsimcoming
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 08, 09:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do tell the launcher to install it. those come in sims3pack format and it says first that it cannot be installed because I need an update. Then I run it through the s3c and Decrapify and it shows up in my launcher. Then I click install and it says it's installed. So I run the game and it's nowhere to be found. When I shut down the game for the night or because I have to work, it's back in the download tab in the launcher and it says it needs to be installed.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 08, 15:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are doing something wrong if it's not working, plain and simple.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 08, 15:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your game patched all the way up to 1.29?  Usually when it tells you it needs an update, it means your game isn't patched correctly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
hellknowsimcoming
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 08, 19:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ jeromycraig yes it is. It never tells me to update any patch. It just installs and then when i load it, it's not there and the next time I want to play, it's back in my downloads of the launcher. I have done a vanilla install, ran all my package files through dashboard, got rid of the corrupted files. Then i ran all my sim3pack files through cc magic. I got rid of those who were missing or unknown. Then I ran everything through s3rc and decrapify and it is still the same thing. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.
chummino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 11, 05:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've been downloading the sims 3 store stuff from here and various other places because i cannot be arsed to pay that much for stuff i want. Now i've installed them by putting them in my downloads folder, it says it's installed but cannot find it anywhere in my game. Then i've come across the software s3rc and decrapify. Now some of them actually work but others This is an excellent site I love  it don't like the ones i actually really want such as Tip Top Toddler Collection and more magic the ultralounge collection.

Does anyone have any idea how i can actually fix this?

sorry if posted in the wrong section

I am in the same boat. Any help from anyone would be appreciated!  Huh
« Last Edit: 2012 March 09, 04:43:38 by chummino » Logged
Josette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 11, 10:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And so am I, but only the ones from January and February 2012. The other sims3-packs do work. My game is completely patched.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 11, 14:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do tell the launcher to install it. those come in sims3pack format and it says first that it cannot be installed because I need an update. Then I run it through the s3c and Decrapify and it shows up in my launcher. Then I click install and it says it's installed. So I run the game and it's nowhere to be found. When I shut down the game for the night or because I have to work, it's back in the download tab in the launcher and it says it needs to be installed.

I had this problem previously with no idea how to correct it... until now, that is. I was originally opening sims3packs on my desktop. Sure, they show up with the success window and everything but once the launcher quits, it uninstalls itself. I now place them in the Downloads folder in My Documents and it works fine once everything is decrapified and such.  

As for your problem, hellknowsimcoming, do you happen to have sr3c.exe and decrapify.exe in the Downloads folder? That's how my setup is and everything shows up fine in my game, including the More Magic Set.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 11, 14:35:45 by PrinJess » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 11, 14:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to stop coming here before I have my coffee, because I totally failed to spork the OP for opening a new thread when there is a perfectly good Store Discussion thread.  DON'T DO THAT THING YOU DID FOUR DAYS AGO.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
hellknowsimcoming
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 12, 00:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem previously with no idea how to correct it... until now, that is. I was originally opening sims3packs on my desktop. Sure, they show up with the success window and everything but once the launcher quits, it uninstalls itself. I now place them in the Downloads folder in My Documents and it works fine once everything is decrapified and such.  

As for your problem, hellknowsimcoming, do you happen to have sr3c.exe and decrapify.exe in the Downloads folder? That's how my setup is and everything shows up fine in my game, including the More Magic Set.

I always put all my sims3pack downloads into the downloads folder before even installing them. Yes they are in there and it's still not working.

@jeromycraig what do you mean when you say "don't do that thing you did 4 days ago?"
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 February 12, 02:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the rest of the post there, bright eyes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: