More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 03:36:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AM Noob - What am I doing wrong?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AM Noob - What am I doing wrong?  (Read 32514 times)
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
AM Noob - What am I doing wrong?
« on: 2012 February 05, 19:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled my game.  AwesomeMod was working with this setup yesterday.  What is it that is wrong now?

« Last Edit: 2012 February 05, 20:01:12 by evadine » Logged

Je fait souvent des erreurs qui sont très bête.
我不但学中文,而且我有中国男朋友,所以我说一点儿中文。
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AM Noob - What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 05, 20:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should read:

PackedFile Packages/*.package

and so on. The name that comes after PackedFile is supposed to be the name of the FOLDER you put the .package files in.
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 05, 20:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I edited that and it still does not work.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 05, 20:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the framework from ModTheSims.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 05, 22:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I don't pretend to understand Mac behaviours, it looks like your framework still thinks it is a .txt file. Just adding ".cfg" to the end of a filename isn't always enough to change the actual type of the file. You should just download one anyway, though.

Flowing with the go.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 05, 22:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I don't pretend to understand Mac behaviours, it looks like your framework still thinks it is a .txt file. Just adding ".cfg" to the end of a filename isn't always enough to change the actual type of the file. You should just download one anyway, though.
That's not a Mac, that's Windoze 7!

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 05, 22:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, geeze. Well, I am behind in the times. I'm just so used to XP that anything "curvier" (I don't know if it's synaesthesia or what but that's how it feels to me) looks like a Mac. In that case, it definitely looks like a .txt file.

Flowing with the go.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 05, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to have the resource.cfg in the root folder as well [up one level].

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 06, 00:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beg to differ.

Flowing with the go.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 06, 00:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, geeze. Well, I am behind in the times. I'm just so used to XP that anything "curvier" (I don't know if it's synaesthesia or what but that's how it feels to me) looks like a Mac. In that case, it definitely looks like a .txt file.
It's supposed to look like a .txt file.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 06, 01:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beg to differ.

You aren't exactly a font of wisdom. Beg all you like.

Perhaps the OP can try double checking all the file paths, cleaning caches.
Does the game get to the loading screens?

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 06, 02:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to look like a .txt file.
It generally looks like this. The notepad symbol is within the blank file icon because notepad is what is used when it is opened. Upon close inspection of the OP's screenshots, there is a "T" section which is likely the "Type" heading, as next to the folder is an "F" and next to the packages are "P"s. Next to the resource.cfg is a "T", indicating it is, in fact, a txt file instead of a cfg.

I beg to differ.
You aren't exactly a font of wisdom. Beg all you like.
MTS makes no mention of an extra resource.cfg file outside of the one in the Mods folder. I've never needed more than one of them and have not had problems with loading package files. The OP's problem is

Flowing with the go.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 February 06, 07:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather think that the contents of OP's cfg are just wrong. My resource.cfg looks like this:

Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

So, maybe just changing Priority 900 into Priority 500 will actually do the trick?
And placing the cfg anywhere else but the location within the Mods folder in Documents seems to be unnecessary.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2012 February 06, 09:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, I still use Ye Olde Method.

If it's good enough for Pescado, it's good enough for me!

evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 February 06, 21:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To all those who said my resource.cfg file was acting like a text file, you were right.  Thanks.  (Now if only there was a mod to make the pets look normal and not giant balls of scrambled rendered images......Ea and their inability to make a game runnable on everyone's computers.....)

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 February 07, 06:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you know, people and their inability to read hardware requirements and/or update their drivers before they purchase a new game.  Tomayto, tomahto.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 February 08, 00:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, you know, people and their inability to read hardware requirements and/or update their drivers before they purchase a new game.  Tomayto, tomahto.

Pets is the only expansion pack not supported on this laptop. -.-

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012 February 08, 05:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My point stands.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012 February 08, 06:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your point of having no reason to be an asshole when it is quite obvious that many of the previously supported graphic's cards were dropped between the two expansion packs?  Why does it appear that being a complete and total stick in the mud is a worthy goal on the internet.  I do wonder if you ever considered the fact that knowing my computer was previously decent enough to use all other expansion packs to the point that 'Can you Run it' gave it a beyond expectations rating, that I wouldn't bother to see if EA has screwed me, as well as anyone else who has graphic's cards such as mine, into not being able to run a game that previous ran just fine.

But no, instead you say: Well be a freak and check if you specs line up every single expansion pack.  I bet you read the terms of service every time too.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012 February 08, 06:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeromy, you've ruffled evatards feathers a bit. I love how she keeps using the word "previous", even furthering your point.

But no, instead you say: Well be a freak and check if you specs line up every single expansion pack.  I bet you read the terms of service every time too.

Apples and oranges my dear tardling, apples and oranges.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012 February 08, 15:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your point of having no reason to be an asshole when it is quite obvious that many of the previously supported graphic's cards were dropped between the two expansion packs?  Why does it appear that being a complete and total stick in the mud is a worthy goal on the internet.  I do wonder if you ever considered the fact that knowing my computer was previously decent enough to use all other expansion packs to the point that 'Can you Run it' gave it a beyond expectations rating, that I wouldn't bother to see if EA has screwed me, as well as anyone else who has graphic's cards such as mine, into not being able to run a game that previous ran just fine.

But no, instead you say: Well be a freak and check if you specs line up every single expansion pack.  I bet you read the terms of service every time too.

Your refusal to educate yourself does not equate a need for game companies to reduce the quality of their expansions so they will continue to run on your laptop.  Newsflash:  most laptops are not good for gaming.  They were never intended to be good for gaming, because they are usually not readily upgradeable.  Laptops are intended to be portable.  Anything beyond that is gravy.  If all the previous EPs ran on your laptop, that was a happy coincidence for you, because no one is looking to corner the market on casual laptop gamers, except maybe whoever is behind all those $10 Hidden Object games you see on the discount rack at Wal-Mart.

Calling someone a "freak" because he's intelligent enough to make sure an EP will run on his computer before acquiring it -- while mentioning in the same breath that you didn't check and are now complaining about performance issues -- just outs you as an idiot.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 08, 15:36:54 by jeromycraig » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012 February 08, 20:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an alternate theory: Its computer probably CAN run the game, but it can't resist clicking on all those dodgy banners. How many toolbars do you think it has?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012 February 08, 20:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ALL THE TOOLBARS!!!!

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012 February 08, 20:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beg to differ.

Dude, you don't know the difference between Windoze and mac. Who cares if you differ. I feel like someone needs to slap an "unreliavole" label on you.

Also, Evatard, learn to use a fucking apostrophe before someone punches you in the stupid face.

That goes double for KissMahToes.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012 February 08, 21:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, you didn't recognize the difference between Windoze and mac in this one person's screenshots. Who cares if you differ. I feel like someone needs to slap an "unreliavole" label on you.
Right, because the only person to give a correct assessment of the problem is unreliable. I corrected your statement, by the way. There is no reason to have duplicate files in places where they're not doing anything. Skadi was giving unreliable information, not I.

Flowing with the go.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: