More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:40:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife: COOL!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife: COOL!  (Read 21493 times)
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Nightlife: COOL!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 01, 02:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Burnination!

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 02, 02:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What rivalry thing? What could rivalry possibly have to do with FIRE?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 02, 03:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What rivalry thing? What could rivalry possibly have to do with FIRE?

From Gamespot:

"Interestingly, sims that develop enough hatred for each other may become rivals--a new feature that lets sims become the opposite of friends. Rivals may follow each other around and try to ruin each other's day (or date)."

No Arsion mod, but still something antisocial.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 02, 05:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that sounds cool!

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 02, 09:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the sound of the rivalry thing, there's just not enough for enemies to do. In fact I've had enemies want to flirt with the person they're enemies with (throbacks to previous relationships me thinks, but still odd).

A proud thread pirate.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 02, 12:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, the rivalry thing sounds cool - at the moment, there's nothig more distracting than urging two Sims to fight fight FIGHT... and then they stop and swap jokes, or gossip about who set fire to what this week, or, god help us, start that annoying school cheer.  Roll Eyes

Rivalry AND flamethrowers? Sounds like a perfect combination.....  Grin
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 02, 13:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It remains to be seen how Maxis is going to implement the thing.

The potential is there, though: grouchy sims showing up for a punchout, romance sims trying to steal your partner... as klapaucius wrote, a flamethrower would be the icing on the cake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 02, 14:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, the flamethrower? I'm pretty sure Maxis isn't going to implement it anything like anything I care about. But that's not why I care. I don't care how Maxis implements it, I care how *I* plan to implement it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 02, 16:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I failed to express myself well. I trust you'll give the rivalry thing a twist that will make it edgier that Maxis has intended.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 02, 18:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I failed to express myself well. I trust you'll give the rivalry thing a twist that will make it edgier that Maxis has intended.
I don't even really understand it yet.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 02, 22:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even really understand it yet.

I think what Breyerii meant is this: Large fiery floor torch + Sim Interpersonal rivalry + JM's talents = Endless possibilities

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 03, 09:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rivals = an excuse to add yet another meter to the relationship UI

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 03, 13:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rivals = an excuse to add yet another meter to the relationship UI

Of course!  They could also have Daily and Lifetime rivalry bars!  And if either gets too low, you'll get a phone call asking your Sim why he doesn't argue anymore!  Perfect!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 03, 22:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laurenke, that's absolutely hilarious.

But did I miss something? Like the latest edition of Oxfords? Since when was "rivalry" more extreme than being "enemies" with someone?

And perhaps this was hinted at with the "a willing subject with whom you share a friendly rivalry" bit in the SimVac thingy. Can you imagine? A sim who is simultaneously friends and rivals with someone (hey, if it's based on lifetime, it could happen) would get something like 500 phone calls a day asking a variety of inane questions.

Why couldn't they implement something that wasn't already theoretically covered? Like a romance bar? The binary nature of love in the sims is rather silly. After all, I'm not one flirt away from falling in love with anyone I'm friends with. And it's possible to like someone romantically before knowing them super-well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 04, 00:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course!  They could also have Daily and Lifetime rivalry bars!  And if either gets too low, you'll get a phone call asking your Sim why he doesn't argue anymore!  Perfect!
Does this mean that a "best friend" who is maxed on this as well is going to be a lot like my friends, where we spend most of our time kicking, slapping, and beating each other?

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 04, 00:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would certainly be interesting. I chuck stuff at my friends. Starbursts, dice, small lead figs with pointy bits, books, computers, chairs, etc.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 04, 14:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.  Rivals would operate just like friends, except that rivals operate on the negative side of the social spectrum.  Insult a rival, you're pals.  Get in a fight, you're on your way to having one of the longest lasting friendships (rivalships) in the world. 

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 04, 20:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that would actually be cool . . .
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 04, 22:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I've finished ogling the cool flamethrower, I've turned my usual critical eye upon the rest of it and ripped it apart in the "UGLY!" thread.
  You have already reassured us that you will receive a copy of Nightlife otherwise I would be worried by that comment.

Over at the official website simmers are bemoaning the fact that EA won't get their Uni Patch out until after Nightlife is launched (surprise, surprise).  I'm no longers anxious about THEIR patch.  What I'd like to really know is
1. Approximately when will you receive your copy of Nightlife?
2. How quickly can you make it macrotastic fantastic?

I don't think that I can return to the repetitive strain injury mouse fest that TS2 was intended to be.  My game works so well now, I really don't want to mess it up with another buggy EP.  I'm in no personal rush to chuck my good money after bad; I wouldn't beta test for EA, but I would for you....if you asked me nicely! Wink

happy now :-)
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 05, 01:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Approximately when will you receive your copy of Nightlife?
2. How quickly can you make it macrotastic fantastic?

Based on what he said before (1) He really has no clue, and (2)once he receives it, the changes will be implemented almost instantaneously.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 11, 08:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He said he was delayed in getting Uni due to "security."  Not sure what that refers to though.  He did update some of his mods before he actually had the expansion though.  I think he said he was working off of code differences.  I think Boris helped him with that.  Where is this mysterious Boris anyway?  Where does he live?  Why do we never hear from him?
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 11, 12:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pah. Who cares about a frickin' sea? It's completely meaningless until we have something "The Sims 2 Pirates Edition". Now FLAMETHROWERS, those have immediate applications.

Heheheheh... oh, the HOURS of endless enjoyment. *Starts to happily plan pyres and other such things*

Meh...
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 12, 03:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, the flamethrower? I'm pretty sure Maxis isn't going to implement it anything like anything I care about. But that's not why I care. I don't care how Maxis implements it, I care how *I* plan to implement it.

*rubs hands together and cackles* Many townies, npcs and other annoying sims WILL be hurt in the research stage of the Burninator 5500! How many flaming nannies does it take to toast a marshmallow?  Tongue
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 12, 12:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As many as you can lure with the prospect of money... FLAME the evil nannies...! HEHEEHEHEH

Meh...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: