More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:26:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yoga and The Skillinator - Broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yoga and The Skillinator - Broken  (Read 5236 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Yoga and The Skillinator - Broken
« on: 2005 July 20, 10:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must report that Yoga does not work on the Skillinator.  I don't know if this is related to the use of the Thinking Cap, but my sim cannot gain Body using this.  I tried this on a dorm lot and then when she graduated and moved back home with the same results.  This is what happens:  She puts on the thinking cap and dons exercise gear, all normal.  She goes to the mailbox and starts as the Skill bar goes up over her head.  As she bends over, her plumbob falls downward as the skill bar disappears.  I decided to let the game run by itself for a while to see if she ever got the point, and she never did.  She started with 7 body and still had 7 body when I checked back several Sim hours later.  It appeared that she had a nearly full bar before it disappeared, about 3/4 of the way full.  I seem to remember someone on VS mentioning this problem, but I don't remember what was said about it, and I can't check now of course because the thread is gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Yoga and The Skillinator - Broken
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 20, 10:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known issue. Yoga is a very, very finicky interaction for some unknown reason. The matter is under investigation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 20, 21:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Self-interactions are often demented, I've noticed. I suspect this is because the original sims engine, which appears to be basically intact from the first game, is really not designed to handle them. Same thing with teddybears and RC cars. Although meditation works fine, which sort of blows a hole in that theory . . .
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 12, 09:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any new updates on this, or is it still being looked into?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 12, 09:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still being looked into. If I can't figure out how to unbreak it, I'll probably just sack it. It's very finicky and for some sadistic reason, Maxis allows Yoga to occur ONLY if the sim is the currently selected sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 12, 09:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okie dokie. I usually do the body skilling manually anyways.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 12, 10:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still being looked into. If I can't figure out how to unbreak it, I'll probably just sack it. It's very finicky and for some sadistic reason, Maxis allows Yoga to occur ONLY if the sim is the currently selected sim.

I'm thinking that's the best thing to do, especially if you can't figure out how to fix it.  I would rather use the skillinator rather than micromanaging the thinking cap and bathroom breaks and such.  Do you know why the radio doesn't always have work out available?
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 12, 10:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know why the radio doesn't always have work out available?

The TV is much more predictable in its requirements - that is, for there to be some space available in front of the box so your Sim can lie down.  The skill gain is also faster, which may be why it's favoured by the Skillinator Wink

The radio on the other hand is much less reliable.  Sometimes the workout interaction, even when available, will drop from the queue as soon as you pick it Sad

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 12, 22:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was thinking, you have to make sure there is space in front of the TV for workouts, but I'm sure that could be worked with.

JM, do you think you could put something in where if one activity fails, it will choose another?  Like if a mirror or TV was blocked, it would choose something else instead of continuing to try that same one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: