More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:02:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Meditations on the Bathroom Controller
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Meditations on the Bathroom Controller  (Read 6826 times)
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Meditations on the Bathroom Controller
« on: 2005 August 12, 02:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Bathroom Controller for awhile, and noticed that one of my Sims,  Maria Roomies actually gained a Logic Point while sitting on the Pot. Must have been doing the crossword puzzle.  Is this something the Bathroom controller automatically  does, or was I just lucky? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was throwing a party at the same house and had a neighbor with no Mechanical skill choose to use the toilet.. which was broken. The Bathroom Controller seized her, and made her attempt to  fix the toilet,  which she tried, failed, and began complaining about how she had to use the bathroom. Intrigued, I let this cycle go on for awhile to see whether she would fix the toilet before she truly had to go.

Ultimately, she wet herself, and then froze in the bathroom; remaining even after the party ended. I had to delete her with move_objects on.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Meditations on the Bathroom Controller
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 12, 02:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's certainly odd. I'm not sure what causes these cases of freezing people mention, but if you could force an error on a frozen sim and attach the log, that might shed some insight. A sim ordinarily SHOULD either be thrown out or made to use the bathroom: THe only reason you'd see any odd cycle is if they were supposed to use it, but for some reason couldn't. I can't imagine why that would happen, though. Any unusual custom toilets?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 12, 02:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to love the "Interesting" toilet for Sims1 (from C&C Enterprise) which increased interest points while using the loo!

Zephyr Zodiac
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 12, 02:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighbour freezing in the toilet happened to me as well. The toilet was dirty, and quite possibly broken (I hadn't actually checked whether the toilet had been broken, but it was very dirty). As far as I remember, it was the Ingelogical Pay Toilet. When I made the frozen sim selectable, her queue had been wiped, and all her needs were at max, except enviroment. I gave her a "Go Here" command to go out the bathroom, and she unfroze.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 12, 05:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have recently noticed Sims gaining points at odd times.  I have had several gaining points the whole time they were asleep.  It seems to happen when they have been using the Skillinator, somehow it doesn't quite 'close down'.  I stopped one Sim using it as he needed to get ready for work and he carried on gaining skills the whole time he was using the bathroom.  As it was a skill he needed for his promotion I was hoping he would carry-on and get it while he was at work, but he didn't.  I've also had them carry-on gaining while they were eating.  Oh, and I had a kid carry-on gaining body skill after he stopped being taught on the obstacle course.  It happens quite a lot in my game now I come to think of it.  Not sure whether the points actually count, but if they do I'm not complaining!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 12, 05:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I remember, it was the Ingelogical Pay Toilet. When I made the frozen sim selectable, her queue had been wiped, and all her needs were at max, except enviroment. I gave her a "Go Here" command to go out the bathroom, and she unfroze.
I'm not sure how compliant the Ingelogical toilet is with the rest of the toilet standards. Were any diagonal doors involved? Diagonal doors give the game's routing engine fits every so often, especially as it pertains to throwing sims out of rooms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 12, 05:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention maids entering them in the first place!

Zephyr Zodiac
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 12, 08:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also had issues with the bathroom controller on occasion if a sim is low in mechanical skill and takes their sweet time trying to unclog a toilet or fix a shower/bath. I get a spawn of "Be Used" icons in the queue. Generally the fix for this is to use the "Go Here" to somewhere outside the bathroom and cancel the "Be Used" icons like mad, and get another high-mechanical sim to fix the relevant item. Wish the toilet and bathroom stuff wouldn't break so damn often.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 12, 09:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose someone at Maxis thinks it's funny!  But honestly, how often does your loo, (or mine) get clogged?  Understandable if no-one ever cleans it, but otherwise, it's just some wierd and very childish Maxian joke!  Likewise, although showers are prone to problems, it's really not that often that a washer goes on a bath-tap!  On the other hand, the cooker and fridge never go wrong, but that certainly isn't true of RL!

Zephyr Zodiac
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 12, 09:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The breaking toilets and showers really piss me off (haha) ... but the stove is another story ... it seems virtually indestructible. The last time mine went up in flames I had to get a new one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 12, 09:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't think that's ever happened to me, but I'd venture to suggest that a stove that keeps going up in flames when sims have relatively high cooking skills has something wrong with it!  and there should be the option of repairing it!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 12, 10:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently I've had several bathroom sinks get stuck with the water running.  The animations and the sound are as if someone left the water running, but it's not broken.  The water doesn't overflow the basin.  Forcing an error does nothing.  Sometimes having a sim wash hands or get a drink will reset it, but the only way to fix it seems to sell it and buy a new one.  It doesn't cause any problems in gameplay, but the sound is annoying.  It's the cheap bathroom sink, and it happened several times in a dorm, and now it happened in a house in the regular neighborhood.  Anyone else have this happen?  The bugs continue...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 12, 10:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the sink remain full of water.  At one time, before the patch, I used to get bubbles remain after replacing sinks and showers.

What annoys me most is the drip drip drip sound you get before a sink or toilet goes wrong - it can go on for sim days!

Zephyr Zodiac
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 12, 10:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a drip drip drip sound before they break? Shocked

Guess ill have to turn of the blasted music to hear that then... *wanders of to try and find the dripping sound*

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 12, 10:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get it so often with Uni, but do still hear it occasionally!  And it is soooooo annoying, like chinese water torture!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: