More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:02:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "No disc inserted.....blah, blah, blah"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "No disc inserted.....blah, blah, blah"  (Read 5570 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
"No disc inserted.....blah, blah, blah"
« on: 2012 January 29, 17:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried numerous things to troubleshoot, but to no avail.  So now I'm here, with my tail between my legs to ask for some insight.  I've been playing Mansion & Garden since it came out, my CD drive went completely kaput not too long ago.  It wouldn't play anything, and when I tried to load the game, all I got was "no disc inserted.  Please insert the original "The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff CD/DVD".  Since it wasn't working for the game or anything else non Sims related for that matter, I figured okay, it was just time to replace the drive.  Once I got the new drive up and running, the game began loading again, and I went back to gameplay with no issues.  I used the drive to burn a picture CD a few days ago, and when I popped the M&G CD back in again, I got the "no disc inserted...." message and have ever since.  Obviously it's not the drive, I can play music CDs, and look at pictures on CDs, so I can only fathom a guess that it's SecuRom.  Figured I'd get a clear and concise answer here than anywhere else.  It's just irritating as fuck.  Thanks for reading.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: "No disc inserted.....blah, blah, blah"
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 04, 06:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use a no-cd crack, like everyone else does, and you won't have to worry about actual discs anymore.  And it's entirely possible that you've scratched your M&G disc into unrecognizability. independently of either your drive, SecuROM, or your music CDs.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: