More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:23:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Recategorising hair with SimPE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Recategorising hair with SimPE  (Read 64352 times)
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Recategorising hair with SimPE
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 26, 19:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it works like a charm, as I had to do that more times than I would like to admit!!  Grin
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 27, 16:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now the Age line tells you what age group the property set is for (I'm going to throw some numbers around...)
0x00000001 is toddlers
0x00000002 is children
0x00000004 is teens
0x00000008 is adults
0x00000010 is elders
If you have University then you have young adults too. the age number for them is 0x00000040.
These numbers can be added too, and if you want to know how I'll post that later.

Ok, Dewshine, I recategorised my hair (thanks for the great tutorial).  I only did the hair bin categorization so far, and next I will sort out the family thing.  I tried putting one of my male hairs that was made for an adult onto a teen, just to see what would happen, but the hair mesh was raised off the head like a few inches, lol.  I was just wondering if there is an easy way to convert the hair so it works for a few more ages?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 27, 18:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easy? Hair? Heh...sure.

Should be easy enough though, I mean if everything else fits its just a matter of lowering or raising the mesh a bit...if you need to stretch it to fit or uh, remove gaps, you just have to do what you already know how to do, move vertices.

unless you are trying to make a base game mesh fit another age, and its not included in the current package but only referenced...thats a slightly different story.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 27, 18:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, well I was hoping there was just some sort of hair categorization thing I need to change in SimPE, because the mesh is already fine for adult males.

And yes, I know how to do it, not that I ever want to touch a hair mesh again.  Tongue
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 27, 18:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if everything else fits and the mesh is in the custom package already, you just need to extract the gmdc and move it down a bit in milkshape (and then throw it back in the package as before), that is all. Not that big of a deal really, no vertice movement or anything. Just select all and move it down a tad or however much you think you need too. Of course if its nicely animated hair you might want to reconsider as you may lose the animations.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: