More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:52:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Patch-Bug/Hack Issues?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch-Bug/Hack Issues?  (Read 4559 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Patch-Bug/Hack Issues?
« on: 2006 February 27, 01:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couple things I've noticed since installing the patch.  I have JM's Director's Cut plus a few of TJ and CB's hacks.

1) Brandi Broke thinks she's still married to her dead husband Nick, who drowned (so sad) a week before I installed the patch.  So now she's in love with a new man Brian, she's counting it as a third 'love' (she's also been having an affair with Nina Caliente), and an 'affair', and can't get engaged or married to Brian.  Is there any way I can 'break' her necrophilic connection to Nick?

2) Lifetime wants appear to be stuck.  When I try to re-roll a LTW using the FFS Debugger, College Clock or TJ's college adjuster (I think), nothing happens and the LTW remains as graduate 3 children from college even though they're elders and no way are they having more kids.

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patch-Bug/Hack Issues?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 27, 01:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Brandi Broke thinks she's still married to her dead husband Nick, who drowned (so sad) a week before I installed the patch.  So now she's in love with a new man Brian, she's counting it as a third 'love' (she's also been having an affair with Nina Caliente), and an 'affair', and can't get engaged or married to Brian.  Is there any way I can 'break' her necrophilic connection to Nick?
The necrophilia thing is caused by a stuck marriage bit, which occasionally happens. I tried including a fix for it in the marriage portmortum hack, which should search out and unset the "married" relation bit. You can do this manually in SimPE.

2) Lifetime wants appear to be stuck.  When I try to re-roll a LTW using the FFS Debugger, College Clock or TJ's college adjuster (I think), nothing happens and the LTW remains as graduate 3 children from college even though they're elders and no way are they having more kids.
Is this a male family sim? He could still manage to have more, and this is probably recurring because the LTW selection for family sims tends to be very cripplingly limited, especially at elder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 27, 01:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The necrophilia thing is caused by a stuck marriage bit, which occasionally happens. I tried including a fix for it in the marriage portmortum hack, which should search out and unset the "married" relation bit. You can do this manually in SimPE.

Is this as simple as 'uncheck the marriage box on the relationship panel and commit for each sim' or is there more?  I'm a bit of an ignorant SimPE-wise.

Is this a male family sim? He could still manage to have more, and this is probably recurring because the LTW selection for family sims tends to be very cripplingly limited, especially at elder.

One is a male family sim (I'm just not letting him breed as he's only there to keep elder Brandi Broke happy), there's also a male teen fortune sim who has 'Earn 100,000' as his lifetime want, which refuses to reroll, and a female teen pleasure sim who wants 50 dream dates.

I'm bored with 'earn 100,000!' It's too easy!  And 50 dream dates - the loading times getting them downtown is just not worth it.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 27, 02:00:13 by vecki » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 27, 02:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this as simple as 'uncheck the marriage box on the relationship panel and commit for each sim' or is there more?  I'm a bit of an ignorant SimPE-wise.
Yup, that's it.

One is a male family sim (I'm just not letting him breed as he's only there to keep elder Brandi Broke happy), there's also a male teen fortune sim who has 'Earn 100,000' as his lifetime want, which refuses to reroll, and a female teen pleasure sim who wants 50 dream dates.

I'm bored with 'earn 100,000!' It's too easy!  And 50 dream dates - the loading times getting them downtown is just not worth it.
Eh, you're just lucky, and your sims have very lame interests, apparently. You should probably consider a sim's interests before making them a certain aspiration, since if they don't really care much about it at all, they'll have kind of a lousy work ethic about it. And you don't need to go downtown for a date: You can do them at home.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 27, 02:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come ur sims earn that horrible sum of $$$ so easy and mine never does it. I have problems accumlating even $100k for the whole blasted family  Angry

Go Away
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 27, 03:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come ur sims earn that horrible sum of $$$ so easy and mine never does it. I have problems accumlating even $100k for the whole blasted family  Angry

Money is far too easy to get in TS2.

100k is nothing.

Now money in Uni with a fresh CAS sim is another story.

Hmm, that may be a good thing to try for a contest. How rich can a uni sim get starting with no freins and no skills. May make uni bearable. Although I play all my sims through uni and use it as time to finish off their skills and build friendships so they don't ahve to when they are adults.

But I do things efficiently.

For example I turn eldars into cash factories. Get creativity to 10 and all they do is encourage and paint if awake. All their paintings go into storage until they are dead at least a full generation or they start hitting the value cap.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 27, 12:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, you're just lucky, and your sims have very lame interests, apparently. You should probably consider a sim's interests before making them a certain aspiration, since if they don't really care much about it at all, they'll have kind of a lousy work ethic about it. And you don't need to go downtown for a date: You can do them at home.

Is this true?  Their work performance is affected by whether or not they are interested in the subjects connected with their career?  I've never noticed that, although I haven't been looking for it.  I have noticed though that the game seems to be choosing careers which correspond to things they're interested in more than it used to and I've had quite a few getting LTW's for careers not normally associated with their aspiration, but things they have high interest in.  This is since installing the second patch.  I don't have the LTW variety mod in at the moment because my neighbourhood is too new, so it isn't due to that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: