More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:21:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Visiting Businesses Owned by Other Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Visiting Businesses Owned by Other Sims  (Read 6791 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Visiting Businesses Owned by Other Sims
« on: 2012 January 27, 23:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished setting up my town. I wanted to have a dynamic town and force my lazy sims to leave their lots once in a while. So I created a bunch of townsfolk that I am playing in succession, but I'm having a problem with some of the stores. Lots that sell items that were made with the crafting stations don't autonomously sell things when visiting with a different household (the store works fine when I play the lot with the owners). I can visit the store, add items to my shopping bag, but I can't ring up at the register. Even using BUY controller to assign a cashier does nothing. The items are in stock and the owners has more than an abundance in their inventories. One store (toy store) had the workers performing their tasks, but the cashier never rang up any customers. She just stood there, no jump or anything and testingcheats didn't pop an error. Other stores where there are no craftable items work fine and all of the workers do their various assigned tasks. Any idea what the problem might be?

I was thinking it might be an awesome fix that is preventing me from being "cheaty" and not making my own crafts, but I've gone through my mods folder a few times and researched the business related stuff and don't see anything that prevents that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Visiting Businesses Owned by Other Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 28, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there's no such thing. Can't think of why yours isn't doing anything, though. Are customers lining up? I never had any problems with this in my game, but it's been awhile. However, it is true that the sell-behavior is less aggressive when you are not playing the lot "for real", as there is no point in performing aggressive sale actions by sims not being played to sims also not being played: No score is earned yet inventory is still depleted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 28, 03:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, customers are lining up, stomping feet, and dropping bags. This only happens on lots with craftable items. I have a bookstore that plays fine when visiting with other families. The sales people don't do anything, but the cashier works fine.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 29, 06:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite odd. I can't reproduce this at all, my craftable snapdragon store worked fine. Is every single craftable store you have affected in this way? What happens if you simply force to build/buy and delete all the crafting benches?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 01, 05:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every store with craftables are affected. They still don't work if I delete the crafting stations. The problem appears to be the craftable items and not the stations. I do not know what the deal is. BFBVFS in the near future?

Also, this is to do with BYU. A sim had the unfortunate timing of having offspring in the bathroom. She had twins. One twin was visible, but BYU made her take a shower and then kicked her out. The other baby was in the panel, but it was not actually on the lot. Moving that family out and back in made the baby appear.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 01, 09:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is extremely odd and incomprehensible, because the craftable items themselves have nothing special related to them, especially checkout-wise. Plus, still can't reproduce this effect in my game.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 01, 20:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these businesses have anything else in common? What happens if you replace the (some or all) craftables with regular buyable items in one of them?
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 March 14, 09:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the off chance you'll see this, you could try using Inge's automatic cash register:

http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_OFB.htm

It does sound like you have some kind of serious conflict, though.  Have you tried making the cash register clerk selectable to see what's in their queue?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: