More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:41:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Updates and Pets question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updates and Pets question  (Read 11037 times)
Eldresh
Tasty Tourist

The few, the proud, the INTJ

View Profile
Updates and Pets question
« on: 2012 January 20, 01:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was going to download the 1.24 final version of awesomemod after a long time of being absent from the Sims. Only to find out it is no longer there (clicking on the link gives an error 404 message). So I decided to search through the forums, thinking I missed something, only to not find anything. So I searched around on google to see if there were any versions floating around. Nada.

Now I'm trying to avoid updating past 1.24 because I dont want to break all of my custom content and I'm perfectly happy without Pets. I had a version of the 1.24 awesomemod (before the one without an expiration) and my current one is expired. Is there anyway I can either find a version of the final one or modifiy my existing one so it is no longer expired? (I would just move my clock back and avoid the problem altogether but that breaks some of my other programs.)
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Re: Updates and Pets question
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 20, 01:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CC issue was fixed a while ago.  Go patch.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Eldresh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 20, 01:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. I'll take your word for it and patch then. Here goes jumping into the deep end.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 20, 06:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how people think MATY is going to keep old versions around forever because they don't want to patch.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Eldresh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 20, 06:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering they still link to it in the download page, it was reasonable to assume it might still be around.
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 25, 15:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel your pain. Good luck to you! I'm playing without 1.29 patch due to constant game crashes, and as a result I'm playing without AM until EA puts out another patch to fix their newest mess. Having to play the game without AM is a pain in the tail. Cheesy

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 25, 18:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering they still link to it in the download page, it was reasonable to assume it might still be around.

They do?  I see three mirror links to the "Current Version."  The "Current Version" is 1.29.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 26, 17:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a link to the 1.24 version as of a few days ago, but it gave a 404 error. Actually, there were three mirror links to the 1.24 version of AM. Pescado has in the last few days deleted that post, but if you look you'll find proof that it was there at one time. Sheesh, and you told ME that I didn't search well enough. Wink hehehe

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 January 26, 18:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you bothered to read that was only there unitl a stable 1.29 was released. Put on your big boy pants and patch the fucking game.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 04, 03:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people are refusing to go to 1.29  or beyond due to securom.
If you have a SERIOUS reason not to go to 1.29 or beyond, PM me and I'll link you to it on another server.
If you are just avoiding 1.29 and above because of CC issues, download a fixing tool and MOVE ON.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 04, 05:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people are refusing to go to 1.29  or beyond due to securom.

This is the first I've heard of SecuROM having any involvement with 1.29. When did this come to be?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2012 February 04, 08:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was chatter about it before the update rolled out. RYG [who normally monitors these type of things] is down for a server upgrade at the moment.
This isn't the totally destructive Securom that came out during TS2. It ties into the Origin system, and brings it in-line with the protections used on TSM.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 February 05, 05:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been avoiding patching Medieval past 1.3 for the longest time. Have my efforts been in vain? Do you mean to say that this particular type of Securom is the same version that Medieval has when patched to 2.0? And if so, how is this Securom different than the stuff that came out during TS2? Does it still phone home?

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: