More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:07:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TS3 STORE Working Inventory List [UPDATE 2012-Jan-23]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 STORE Working Inventory List [UPDATE 2012-Jan-23]  (Read 16619 times)
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
TS3 STORE Working Inventory List [UPDATE 2012-Jan-23]
« on: 2012 January 10, 05:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Working Inventory List of all EA Store Content
Updated: 2012-Jan-23 REDOWNLOAD!
--------------------------------------
New Features as of 2012-Jan-23:
  • Completely reorganized.
  • Typos and errors fixed.
  • Updated with all known store items up to 23 January 2012.
  • Number of items reported has nearly tripled, and sets have been seperated from premium/promo items. To update I compared my information with that of the Sims3 News Archive and the Simalogue (http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html) [thanks neko for the tip].
  • Excel File now includes 3 sheets: List of Sets, Promo-Premium (Limited Time Stuff), and Compilation Contents.
  • Captured information about each file now includes the date it was posted on the store, URLs, and what exactly the files contain. Also the new sheet for promo items records info on the promo's themselves.

Info:
So the TS3 STORE catalog is an ever-changing terribly unorganized shit storm. A couple months ago I created an excel file for my personal use in an attempt to begin keeping track of what I had and what I needed. There have been many attempts to do this, but I have attempted to compose a more complete file that captures information about the items in a grid format for comparison. Right now it is offered as an excel file, when/if I get the chutzpah one day it may be on html Lips sealed

Updated!Sheet One: Sets
I have tried to catalog all of the content in Sets...Individual Pieces are not catalogued unless they were premium items or simpoint items. Otherwise its going to be a nightmere to compile Fuck that.

• Set Name: The Set's name in the catalog. 
  • Set Category:How EA categorizes it's sets on the store website (Fantasy, Speed, Classic....etc)
  • Sub-Sets: The various parts of the Set (Example: Bayside Set has Bayside Bath, Bayside Kitchen....et cetera)
  • NEW!CAS: Checked if Set contains Clothing/Hair. Object: Checked if Set contains object/ BuildChecked if has build items. Lot:if has lot.
  • NEW!Part of Compilation: If the Set is found in compilation pack(s) they are listed here.
  • NEW!Free: Self-explanatory.
  • FileName: Have you noticed some of the filenames have nothing to do with the set's name in the catalog making it impossible to find in your downloads folder? (Example: "Indulgent Living" Set has a filename of "Boudoir", WTF?) So If the Set has a weird filename that I was able to match it to, I recorded it. Update: Mostly all filenames recorded now.
  • NEW!Date: The date the set turned up on the store. (estimated, based on sims3store news archive).
  • NEW!URL: URL is only included if the item is not searchable using the search feature or by browsing the catalog categories.

NEW!Sheet Two: Promo-Premium
This list contains individual items that were either premium or only available for a limited time or as a result of doing something like registering your games, buying simpoints, posting on Facefuck, drinking dr. pepper, et cetera. Normally Simpoint, Promos and donation items are pulled from the store after their promotion period ends but there are some exceptions where it seems EA forgot to block access to them. If that's the case I've included the URLs. 

• Type: Method by which the limited time/promo item was obtained (SimPoint, Promo, RegGift.... et cetera)
  • Category: The specific promotion... (Example: The game for RegGift, Promo Brand: Dr. Pepper, T-Mobile..et cetera)
  • Item(s): The Item Names in the Catalog.
  • CAS: Checked if contains Clothing/Hair. Object: Checked if Set contains object/ BuildChecked if has build items. Lot:if has lot.
  • Free: Checked if free to download. "R"- Free but must register game, refer to Category for which game.  "PO" - only available thru a pre-order. "PR"- Free thru a promo, refer to Category for which promo.  "I"-Incentive - Refer to Category for the type of incentive.
  • Available: Checked if the item can still be located easily on the store via search or categories. "Link" - If the item not easily found on the store, then refer to URL field. "Repacked" - if the item has been repacked in a more recent file, refer to filename and/or URL to find out which one. 
  • FileName: Self-explanatory.
  • Date: The date the set turned up on the store. (estimated, based on sims3store news archive).
  • URL: URL only included if the item is still available.

OLD!Sheet Three: Compilation Contents

• Name: Compilation Set's Name.
  • Clothing: The clothing sub-set(s) for specified Set or Compilation. If none left blank.
  • Objects: The objects sub-set(s) for specified Set or Compilation. If none left blank.
  • Objects 2: More space for same as above.
  • Build: The build sub-set(s) for specified Set or Compilation. If none left blank.
  • Lots: If a lot or Rabbithole is included the Set's name is simply repeated here.

Notes:
  • The 3rd Sheet, Compilation Contents is not really updated as far as it's organizational layout. Nonetheless its pretty accurate up to December 2011.
  • Updates: I'm pretty sure I got most of the items recorded, some info such as filenames is missing in some cases. Its a very simple working list and if anyone can help fill in missing info feel free. Going foward I will try to update it as I can...perhaps monthly? but no promises I work 2 jobs and am trying (to no avail) to write a dissertation.  Lips sealed  Yikes.

OK. It's up to date as of 23, January 2012. Redownload- (Old File: Yesterdame_Sims3StoreInvList1.rar)
Enjoy. Give me feedback constructive criticism......i hope someone finds a use for this.  Grin

* Yesterdame_Sims3StoreInvList1.rar (7.98 KB - downloaded 1243 times.)
* Yesterdame_Sims3StoreInvList120123.rar (27.78 KB - downloaded 2163 times.)
« Last Edit: 2012 January 24, 04:50:50 by yesterdame » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TS3 STORE Working Inventory List
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 10, 06:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 10, 06:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...um.. thanks..i guess??

Farntarstic.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 12, 02:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank god, I tried to do something similar but turned out to be too scatterbrained.
You have a Best of 2011 listed, that is incorrect. It should be Best of 2010.

This site may be of some use to a few people:
http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3-store-catalogue.html

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
yesterdame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 12, 14:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Morrig yeah I caught that typo yesterday, actually there was a lot of stuff I missed apparently. And Yes I did catch that website too, but it is also missing a thing or two.

I'm working on an update...Im going to change the way it looks alittle bit perhaps  sort it differently. I'm also in the process of adding release dates and URLs to the captured information. I've been using EA's News Archive to pinpoint release dates, and also finds websites...since they dont effing list the dates anywhere. But alot of stuff was never reported in the news. Nonetheless...I'd say the amount of things I found in the last few days since my initial excel file has like doubled.

I've also been trying to collect the info on sim point bundles. I did not ever take up those (rip)offers....the "finds" sites are helping to figure out what the special gifts were.
Sim Point Bundles and other Time-Sensitive Rewards/Incentives get removed from the Store catalog after a while. They are no longer accessable. However EA doesn't always completely erase the URL's Ive been able to locate a few of them so far but it's alot of work tracking them down because you must know the exact name of the item in question. Many of them are on that simalouge library link but a handful are not.

Anyway there will be an updated version soon that's alot cleaner and includes more info.

Edit: Updated now.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 24, 04:51:43 by yesterdame » Logged
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: TS3 STORE Working Inventory List [UPDATE 2012-Jan-23]
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 01, 10:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might be interested in this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/s3s-browser/installation-startup

It's a small program which will read the sims3packs and packages you have stored somewhere (your Downloads folder, your back up drive, wherever) and use that to determine which store items you have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: