More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:37:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Autosave problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autosave problem  (Read 10200 times)
jedimasterkatara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Autosave problem
« on: 2012 January 08, 06:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister and I play Sims on the same computer and her game autosaved over mine. Is there anyway to get my game back, or is it gone?
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Autosave problem
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 08, 07:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the backup; perhaps it has not saved twice and your game is still there. To prevent this in the future, name your games differently.
jedimasterkatara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 09, 08:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autosave doesn't have a backup on my computer. Is there any other way?
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 09, 10:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autosave doesn't have a backup on my computer. Is there any other way?

What do you mean? Doesn't your game automatically make backups of your saved games in MyDoc\The Sims 3\Saves? I've always had the most recent save and one before that in my folder. For example, I would have Bridgeport.sims3 and then Bridgeport.sims3.backup. I've never used autosave, but it seems odd for you not to have any backups. As I've said, the game creates them automatically, unlike TS2.
jedimasterkatara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 10, 06:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does for the other neighborhoods, but not the autosave.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 10, 06:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autosave intentionally does not leave a backup, because it already sequentially rotates autosaves. Making a BACKUP of a BACKUP save would be RETARDED.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 10, 14:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autosave intentionally does not leave a backup, because it already sequentially rotates autosaves. Making a BACKUP of a BACKUP save would be RETARDED.

So there IS a backup, if that option hasn't been set to only one autosave. As I understand it, autosave keeps two saves, by default, and alternates between then.

OP: So, then, try the second save, not the most recent one. If you've disabled the option, or told it not to keep a second save, then I'm afraid you can't recover your game.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 10, 17:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had an Error 16 when the game made a backup of one of my autosaves. But then, for me, the game makes backups as a matter of caprice rather than form. I have four saves: NeighborhoodName1 and NeighborhoodName2 in addition to the two autosaves. I begin and end with the NeighborhoodName saves. This is immensely helpful when it comes to troubleshooting.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 January 11, 00:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I 'Save As' a new game every time I save, I just change the number on the end of the filename. When it gets to about 30, I delete 75% of the games in between first and last. It gives me a chance to go back to a save before corruption, if I notice some. I save every 12-24 hours game time. I am sick to death of replaying sims so I just have to wear the long save times. I usually have a wee Flash game going on the laptop for when sims is saving.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 January 11, 00:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you turn awesome's autosave off and use Twallan's Saver, it prompts you to save with a new name each time. If you don't want to name it something new, it automatically names it the same thing as the last save plus a number (I think it goes from 1-4 and then back again). Jedimaster, you wouldn't have to worry about your sister saving over your files (unless she decides to name it the exact same as yours), and witch, you can set it to prompt you every 12 sim hours, naming it differently every time (and cancelling it if you want to wait for 24 hours).

Flowing with the go.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 January 11, 03:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could do that, if I used Twallan's mods. However, it's not a major for me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: