More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:34:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Kitchen Cabinet Overhaul
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitchen Cabinet Overhaul  (Read 17402 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Kitchen Cabinet Overhaul
« on: 2012 January 02, 02:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As some of you may know I've made shorter cabinets that go above fridges and stoves that are clones of the ones found in the game, they can be found here. Well I want to take these one step further and make shallower versions as well. I have made a set for one style already as a sort of tester. I'd really like your feedback and suggestions.

Currently I have two files available: DL HERE
Joey_cabinetCelebSuite_thin_D - default replacements of the regular cabinet, only difference being that they are shallower.
Joey_cabinetCelebSuite_thin_ND - non-default, same as above only they show up as a new item.

• Both files contain the shorter cabinets
  • I've made the corner piece for the shorter cabinet shorter as well
  • You don't need moveobjects cheat to place the shorter versions

Any other suggestions or comments before I move on to the next one? Also, could someone without Late Night tell me if the non-default version works for them?

Original

Mine

Shallow

Short

« Last Edit: 2012 January 06, 16:18:07 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Kitchen Cabinet Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: 2012 January 02, 13:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Provide the option, it looks pretty weird if you use two short ones with the corner. BTW do they go down with the wall? Anyway; Oooh, shiny! Baa.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 January 02, 15:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That I'm not sure of, if the original cabinets do then I'd have to say yes. The only thing I've changed is the mesh.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 January 03, 11:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see you added the shorter corner, it looks perfect! Will you be making corners for all the shorter cabinets you made previously for more versatility? Tiny kitchens need tiny stuff.

About the going down with walls, none of EA's cabinets does it so your clones won't either. HL mod there http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=427723 solves that. With it your narrower cabinet default version goes down with the wall since it's EA's one but of course not the shorter one since it's a new object. When I changed both OBJDs of your default package I got that:  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/stubborncorner.jpg/ The shorter version goes down with the wall but not the corner. Don't know if it's PEKAC but cannot do more since I'm a total noob beyond small S3PE edits. It's not really a huge deal but it would be a big plus not seeing those cabinets when you turn the camera around.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 January 03, 13:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are beautiful, you did a wonderful job.  I love them!

meh.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 January 03, 16:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see you added the shorter corner, it looks perfect! Will you be making corners for all the shorter cabinets you made previously for more versatility? Tiny kitchens need tiny stuff.

About the going down with walls, none of EA's cabinets does it so your clones won't either. HL mod there http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=427723 solves that. With it your narrower cabinet default version goes down with the wall since it's EA's one but of course not the shorter one since it's a new object. When I changed both OBJDs of your default package I got that:  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/stubborncorner.jpg/ The shorter version goes down with the wall but not the corner. Don't know if it's PEKAC but cannot do more since I'm a total noob beyond small S3PE edits. It's not really a huge deal but it would be a big plus not seeing those cabinets when you turn the camera around.

I won't be editing any of my previous cabinets, but I am working on the other non-store ones to match this one, shallower and shorter. The corner piece has it's own OBJD in the file, separate from the normal piece. I would maybe suggest double checking the edits you made to the OBJDs because that's the only way I would know how to do that, you shouldn't need more than a small s3pe edit.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 January 04, 07:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried again and no dice, it's pretty odd; there's still that stubborn corner. Whatever. Anyway looking forward for your upload of narrower and shorter shinies, they'll be heavily abused in my game.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 January 04, 13:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AIDE makes quality goods.

* jezzer bask in reflected glory

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 January 06, 16:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traditional Cabinets

Same as he others. Let me know of any problems. I made my kitchen hood shallower to match the new cabinets as well.

Some things about this set:
I had to remove the normal map, still can't figure that one out.
There is some slight texture stretching on the corner piece, would require for more work than I'm willing to put into these.
Because of the amount of things I had to change I won't be making default replacements for these, unless you really want them. And you think that they look fine without the normal map and texture problems.

I still need someone without NL to let me know if the non defaults work or them.

Shallow Kitchen Hood
Cabinets

dinodyke
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 January 23, 14:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The traditional cabinets look great in game (and the LN ones as well). I can see what you mean about the corner piece but it's only noticeable if you're actively looking for it. Probably wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Someone at MTS attempted to do the same thing with the traditional cabinets only; I actually had them in my game for a long time but removed them after doing a side-by-side comparison. I think yours are better mapped and more "Maxis-match-y." When you change the material in CAST, the texture looks identical to the original fat cabinets, whereas the MTS ones compress the texture, resulting in them looking like a different color from the counters (despite being the same pattern/material).
Thanks for sharing both of these. And the stove hood. They're getting a lot of use in my game.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 January 26, 02:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would likely be too much work, but have you considered making these parts of the counters themselves? Making a clone of each counter that includes the cabinet above it? It would be much more organized that way, and the color map for CAST would be pretty simple. Just curious.
That's totally stupid. Let's sum it up: you want 4 more files (counter+normal cabinet, counter+smaller cabinet, island+normal cabinet, island+smaller cabinet), and yet you would still need the cabinets by themselves to use above stoves and fridges, plus in two sizes: normal and smaller... And that would make the buy catalogue "more organized". Did you forget your brain in the dome or wut?
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 January 26, 02:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you're a bit of a tool, arent you?
You're a bit of a brainless, shouty vole, aren't you?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 January 26, 04:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is the Vole bothering my AIDE?  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 22, 20:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the cabinents very much, they actually fit quite well in the kitchen that I am working on, one question, do we have counters for these?  I looked and did not see any counters to match with the cabinents.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 22, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is the Vole bothering my AIDE?  Angry

Haven't you noticed that he likes to bother constructively intelligent people? It seems to be part of his raison d'être.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 August 13, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've finally got around to doing all of the others as well as re-doing the ones I've already done.

http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.com/2012/08/cabinets-again.html

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: