More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:00:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Not an AwesomeMod Bug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not an AwesomeMod Bug  (Read 14794 times)
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Not an AwesomeMod Bug
« on: 2011 December 27, 06:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, because I probably can't convince you to modify the whole mod for one player, (because that is extremely stupid) and I will not give up my CCMagic because the amazingly artistic pile of shit my game is without it is incomprehensible, is there any way to revert to the .26 mod? Or did you say NO somewhere in big, bold lettering and I missed it?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Not an AwesomeMod Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2011 December 27, 13:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, because I probably can't convince you to modify the whole mod for one player, (because that is extremely stupid) and I will not give up my CCMagic because the amazingly artistic pile of shit my game is without it is incomprehensible, is there any way to revert to the .26 mod? Or did you say NO somewhere in big, bold lettering and I missed it?

Awesomemod is always updated to the latest patch, and therefore neither supports nor offers earlier versions.  This helps keep MATY from being flooded by questions from tards who insist on playing outdated versions of the game.  In theory.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 December 27, 17:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory. I got in anyway, so the theory is false; you may wish to revise it. The only reason I'm insisting on playing an outdated version is because it seems that awesomemod is no longer compatible with CCMagic, unlike the previous versions. It, as aforementioned, 'Non-Critical Core Mismatches' all mods I have when running CCMagic.
 Now, I'm probably wrong (I usually am) but since it isn't any of my other mods (which I checked, by deactivating and reactivating and so on) I wouldn't mind having the previous version of awesomemod to see if it's the awesomemod version.
 If it's not awesomemod, it may be a borked object, though why it would send out errors is beyond me.

Yeah.
You can flame me now, because I don't doubt I'm being very stupid in some mundane way.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 27, 17:41:18 by Yzisme » Logged
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 December 27, 17:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use CCMagic and I get no core mismatch messages. I have at least over 10 mods, including the newest AM update. I guess you can try clearing the CCMagic's cache? It could still have the old AM cache somewhere in the system, explaining the "mismatch".
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 December 27, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.

I completely cleaned the caches each time I tested mods for problems.
Sigh. Well, if it's not awesomemod, I'm going to actually have to do some work for once. I'll need to go through all the files. What fun.
____
Went through them. Still shows that it's /mods.
 Went through the mods- not the problem. The EXISTENCE of mods in my game is the problem. Both the game and awesomemod error my mods. 'My mods' meaning the CCMagic 'Modbuild0' package.
 I'm going to try to run the mods outside of CCMagic.
____
Now it just lists mods. Genius.

I'm going to stop editing this thing, because it's of no use to you. Sorry for attacking awesomemod. As usual, I was wrong.
__
Actually, I still think it may have something to do with awesomemod, since the game is saying I have an outdated (or overdated, if that's a word) mod. I don't have patch 1.29. But then, you have said that the game ignores what it doesn't understand...

I'll just shut up now.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 27, 18:57:18 by Yzisme » Logged
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 December 27, 19:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You DON'T have 1.29 but you have the latest version of AM for the 1.29 patch? I think that might be your problem there.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 December 27, 19:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. But I am:

a) patching it, right now, even though I've heard 1.29 is terrible
b) pretty sure that it has been stated that the game ignores the parts of the mod that are out of its level/doesn't apply to it.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 December 27, 19:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 December 27, 19:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer a facepillow, myself. Softer. Mutes out us idiots if used correctly.

What/how many things am I doing wrong? Or has my stupidity already been addressed?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 December 27, 21:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I'll probably get booed for this.

1. Awesome ignores EP's & SP's you don't have - not patches.
2. Why didn't you state at the beginning that you were running a previous patch version?
3. Who said 1.29 is terrible anyway?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 December 27, 22:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF.

You had a core mismatch because you were running a patch behind and that is AM's fault? As opposed to, oh I don't know, THE CORES MISMATCHING BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RETARDED?

I think you are too stupid to use this mod, sod off and don't come back.

Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 December 27, 22:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not one to partake in 'tard flaming usually, but did you not even think to check which patch awesomemod was running at? Yes, EA's patches are terrible, but that's why AM is here to fix them. You, however, cannot be fixed and are beyond salvation. Please leave.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 December 28, 00:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Madame Mim:
-nice to know.
-I'm too stupid/I forgot. I did mention that I was trying to get the previous version because I deleted my previous version while updating, so there's that.
-A large percent of the Sims-playing community on other sites have complained about it excessively, even more so than 1.26. So I expect/expected the worst.

Skadi:
It's not AM's fault. I have said that I turned on AM because I'm to lazy to look for other reasons, one of which is my stupidity. I don't really think I want to sod off, if that's all the same to you. It's not like I troll excessively or typeh lyk tis, so chill. I'm not the worst. You can stand my stupidity. I believe in you.

Incongnito:
See previous answer(s).

At any rate, I hope the patch is the problem. (Yes, it probably is.) If not, I may end up coming back, and floaty-superhero in the sky knows that's the last thing you want.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 December 28, 01:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just stop posting.  You're an idiot, and it's painful to read.  We already have one Titlights, and that is more than enough.

Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 December 28, 01:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 December 28, 03:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FAQ is stickied. Consider reading it.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 December 28, 03:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I originally asked this somewhere else. Where the FAQ is not. However, thanks.
Colleen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #17 on: 2011 December 28, 03:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but I can't be bothered to comb the archives.

I have all the EPs and stuff packs except Pets, and my game is updated to 1.26 (won't download and install the latest patch, I can't figure out wtf is wrong with it). I got an expiry notice for AM on the 23rd and when I updated, AM didn't work. I did like a shit-ton of rearranging and now when I have AM in my mods folder, I get told that I have a core mod conflict, even though AM is the only core mod I have installed. If I click "ignore" on the error message (stupid, I know) and just run the game anyway, it crashes when I enter Buy Mode. WHAT THE FUCK?!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 December 28, 04:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's user error, not an AM problem. Figure out how to update your game, snowflake.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 December 28, 05:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I should have booed myself.

Pull your head in tard. I don't care where you ask questions. I'm sure out in the real world you assume that any random stranger you pose a question of is going to understand all that you've spoken before. I'm equally sure that every social surrounding you've ever found yourself in operates by the same set of rules and you never feel the need to learn the particulars of a new group before posing random questions to them.

Oh, just fuck off, stupid.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 December 28, 05:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I just followed a link, so I really didn't get in through the boards. I didn't know of the existence of the FAQ. Sorry to ruffle your feathers and so on, and I promise to stalk every board to the beginnings of this site before posting anything else, no matter how fluffy, pointless, or whatever else the board may be. Okay? Okay. Now, since I fixed something that wasn't broken, I'll leave.

Toodles. See you all again when I have another stroke of stupidity. I find you guys fun and supportive, even though you do enjoy tard-bashing.

That wasn't sarcasm. I really do.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 December 28, 06:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but I can't be bothered to comb the archives.

No one can be bothered to help you.

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 December 28, 08:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are too stupid to use a computer period. Bricks.

meh.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2011 December 28, 08:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can be plenty of fun and very supportive. If your IQ is above room temperature.
I'm glad you fixed your problem, blah blah blah, do shut up now.

As it is you have painted yourself with the Tard brush. It doesn't come off.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 December 28, 09:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Colleen and Y Z is me seem to be simpatico. I figure they can blunder round running into walls together.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: