More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:39:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Multiple Personality Sim, how to kill one?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Multiple Personality Sim, how to kill one?  (Read 4837 times)
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Multiple Personality Sim, how to kill one?
« on: 2011 December 16, 09:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing on a completely fresh install of TS3 and expansions (new hard drive; Base Game, WA, Amb, NL, Gen, Pets) and in the second Sim-day of playing my Sim, I believe she has multiple personalities.

In her second day of life, she did some low-level Police Work and, while I was intently watching the building, a pop-up appeared telling me that my Sim had gotten involved in a romantic relationship. I clicked the notification, but it just took me to the Life Lesson on Romantic Visibility. This left me feeling very confused, since I have forbidden my Sim to talk to anyone. It's hard to have a romantic relationship when you have zero acquaintances, or so I thought.

Another mystery: when my Sim sleeps in her home - and she live alone as far as I know - I often hear the sound-chime of accomplishment...but who is accomplishing what?

Finally, the creepiest (or not, your choice): my Sim arrives home from somewhere and goes to bed, and while she is putting on her PJs I get a little pop-up telling me that Quincy has a very short timeframe in which he can stop some criminals who did somethingorother, and it asks me if I want to "Ram the Car" or "Use Spikes". I use Spikes; nothing happens; my Sim goes to sleep.

It seems like I'm plagued by some kind of phantom Sim, or my Sim chick has a dude named Quincy living inside her head. What's really going on, and what can I do about this?

Thanks  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Multiple Personality Sim, how to kill one?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 December 16, 09:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because AwesomeMod allows the entire neighborhood to actually take action independently, occasionally you will hear chimes or receive odd popups that don't pertain to your active sim, because EAxis never expected that an inactive sim would do something like that. These are basically harmless.

However, occasionally, the game may also cause impostor versions of your sim to run amok. To exterminate them, try "nukeimpostors", which will exterminate them with extreme prejudice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 December 16, 09:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, the creepiest (or not, your choice): my Sim arrives home from somewhere and goes to bed, and while she is putting on her PJs I get a little pop-up telling me that Quincy has a very short timeframe in which he can stop some criminals who did somethingorother, and it asks me if I want to "Ram the Car" or "Use Spikes". I use Spikes; nothing happens; my Sim goes to sleep.

Quincy is probably some random sim playing with the VR goggles.  If you're playing in Appaloosa Falls there are VR goggles in the consignment store.  To stop it, edit the consignment store and delete the VR goggles.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 December 16, 09:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, Expert Mode will squelch that particular brand of annoying popup, because your decision doesn't actually influence anything, it's purely a cosmetic annoyance...AND WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 December 16, 09:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because AwesomeMod allows the entire neighborhood to actually take action independently, occasionally you will hear chimes or receive odd popups that don't pertain to your active sim, because EAxis never expected that an inactive sim would do something like that. These are basically harmless.

However, occasionally, the game may also cause impostor versions of your sim to run amok. To exterminate them, try "nukeimpostors", which will exterminate them with extreme prejudice.

Ah, that clears up everything, thanks Pescado. I was worried my game might be borked already, but that would be way too soon for a fresh install. I give it about a week of solid play before that happens  Wink

Quincy is probably some random sim playing with the VR goggles.  If you're playing in Appaloosa Falls there are VR goggles in the consignment store.  To stop it, edit the consignment store and delete the VR goggles.
Oh, I am playing Appaloosa! I never knew VR Goggles gave those pop-ups, so I'll go ahead and delete that. Thanks for the tip. Smiley

Incidentally, Expert Mode will squelch that particular brand of annoying popup, because your decision doesn't actually influence anything, it's purely a cosmetic annoyance...AND WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK?
Tweak in AM? I will go configure that, then, thanks! Too bad, it would have been something to see some car chase followed by a car exploding by spikestrip. If nothing happens as a result of all my strength put into clicking an option, then yeah I really don't give a fuck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: