More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:39:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  [Req] Continuous dancing / play pool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Req] Continuous dancing / play pool  (Read 6166 times)
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
[Req] Continuous dancing / play pool
« on: 2005 November 30, 04:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I know kicking stuff is the fastest way to increase fun.  But from a scholarship perspective, if I'm going to go after all the scholarships before sending my teen sims off to college, overall wouldn't it be more time-efficient if they use dancing and playing pool to handle their fun needs?

Anyways, I currently have two teens who maxed out all 7 skills, been abducted by aliens, A+ grades, and will be getting jobs 3 days before going to college, turned into vampire as well as losing their parents to the cow plant forest in the attic a few hours before going to college.

They've been kicking stuff for fun, so now I have to keep telling them to dance and play pool.  Pool isn't so bad, each game lasting quite a while (they play on separate pool tables), but I can't get dancing to go very far, due to ADHD from constant high fun and social motives.  This is why I'm requesting the macro.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: [Req] Continuous dancing / play pool
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 30, 04:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, how do you want them to dance after all the disasters you put them in? Poor kids...Smiley.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 30, 05:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, how do you want them to dance after all the disasters you put them in? Poor kids...Smiley.
well, they are knowledge sims, so they WANT to be abducted and watch their siblings be abducted.  and all the death will happen after they are done dancing.  Thier parents will get resurrected by the gramps or uncles once the teen-turned-YA get their scholarship money d-:
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 30, 06:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With boolprop cheat enabled you can check on their pool skill by shift clicking the pool table...you can also cheat and give them 80 points which will qualify them for a scholarship...so try dancing and cheat at pool.

I did hear dancing was really hard to get with NL...who knows.

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 30, 06:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dancing skill does take a lot longer with nightlife installed.  Also, teens can no longer dance with adults or elders.

I solve the dancing/pool ADD thing by playing in debug mode.  When fun gets high enough that the sims stop dancing/playing I lower their fun right down.  It still involves a bit of micromanagement, obviously, but it's a longer lasting solution than having them dance for 2 sim minutes and then stopping.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 30, 06:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a general ADHD phenomenon that affects all "Fun" objects. Basically, the "fun object" test cuts off a sim trying to do anything fun whenever the requisite fun level has been satisfied, even if all other needs are fine. This is in theory designed to prevent them from obsessing over things forever, but in practice, doesn't really work, and also severely limits what vampires can be doing, since vampires have no motive decay and thus are always maxed out.

A hack is already in testing to address this, helpfuly entitled "No ADHD".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 30, 06:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coolness (-:

on a related note, can there be an option for Skillinator so that individuals pick whether to kick for fun or dance/pool for fun?

I want my adults to kick, and teens to dance/pool
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 30, 07:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized last night that vampires can get the undead scholoarship.  I'd always thought that was reserved for the zombies.

The caption for the memory even talks about them being a zombie.  When in fact the teen in question is not a zombie...

Just a bit weird/stupid.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 30, 07:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis didn't bother updating the memories for a lot of stuff.  Like the Public Woohoo memory for the photo booth refers to trying on clothes.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 30, 07:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well congrats  to you for trying to get them all available scholarships lol

I've gotten bored of trying and with any luck they get 2-3 scholarships by the time I ship them off to Uni.   But then again I also use hacks to get them through Uni ASAP.  That whole lifestage bores me.  It's only good for romance sims to fulfill their woohoo 20 sims want..again with hacks lol
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 02, 08:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realized last night that vampires can get the undead scholoarship.  I'd always thought that was reserved for the zombies.
Well, vampires are undead, but the memory text never got updated for many things.

Did you know that Brynne's favorite memory has a lot of texts which are never used, as does the Caught So-and-So Cheating memory?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 02, 09:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the new mod does something about the swingset obsession.  I don't want to stop them using it (it's useful for parties), but they are totally unable to stop using it even when their fun is totally maxed-out.  They just get on & off, on & off ... it's the noises they make when they're on it that get to me the most, particularly one of the female voices.  Makes me want to vomit.  Even more peculiar is the fact that the kids rarely go anywhere near it.

Tell you what I'd like to see - a mod that allows for aspiration.  While I can see that Pleasure Seeker sims would be attracted to the swingset, it makes no sense whatsoever that Knowledge sims would prefer it to a chessboard or a telescope.  I'd therefore like to see the items they go to for fun depend on their aspiration.  Occasionally it happens, but nowhere near often enough, so the coding is probably there but not really used properly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 02, 09:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it depends more on personality the way it is now.  Serious sims like playing chess while active sims moan when you tell them to play chess.  Active sims don't like watching TV either, even if they are complaining that their fun is low and you send them to watch TV, they will grumble.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: