More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:07:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Re the Romance Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Re the Romance Mod  (Read 11410 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re the Romance Mod
« on: 2005 July 18, 13:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently installed your Romance mod, and I love the way it works, it seems I have to be very careful of Aries sims, they are so far the only ones among the romance sims who show jealousy!

However, I've had something odd happen with another Aries who's a Knowledge sim!  He's recently hooked Keanu Broke (the youngest Broke) and after a suitable display of jealousy and relationship scores down in the minuses, he's now made it up and got himself engaged to Keanu.  However, this sim (Gary) is now showing the "Have Public Woohoo with 3 different sims" want, and I don't remember ever seeing a Knowledge sim display that want before!  I know in their thrist for knowledge they'll "try anything once" but this surprised me!

Zephyr Zodiac
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Re the Romance Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 18, 13:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any sim regardless of aspiration in my game has the "Have Public Woohoo with 3 different sims" want after their first public woohoo  Wink

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 18, 15:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My prob with the romance mod was that even my knowledge sims displayed no jealousy whatsoever.  Legacy hubby, married Dagmar the postal-worker who is romance.  Dagmar had an affair with Abjheet.  One day William came home and Dagmar was having a passionate goodbye with her lover and he (the hubby) walked right on by without even looking at them and brought the newspaper inside to read.   Huh  Weird.  Also, I wanted Dustin Broke and the PLeasant girl to break up because he is now engaged to my sim daughter.  I couldn't get them to have any bad interactions until I disabled the romance mod and had Dustin kiss my daughter in front of Angela (or is it Lilith?)

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 18, 16:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I detest Angela!  I never let her get anywhee near Dustin!  All my Aries sims, regardless of aspiration, seem to display jealousy, but none of the others!  However, Beau Broke had a brief fling with a romance sim, and now he won't look at anyone else!  And in this game I let him change from Knowledge to Popularity (I usually have him as Knowledge, but Dustin swapped over to Knowledge, so I though it's time for Beau to have a change too!)

It's interesting about the Public Woohoo want, I think I must only have let Romance Sim couples have public woohoos before!  It's not the Public Woohoo want that surprised me, so much as the 3 different sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 18, 16:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed ZephyrZodiac Grin  I've often thought it weird that happily married knowledge sims seem to want to sleep around after woohoo in the clothing booth.  I wonder if it's a mistake by Maxis or if they really did intend for sims to become promiscuous?  I tend to ignore the want and it soon changes to something else.  However if they also have the public woohoo want, it will often reappear when you satisfy that want…

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 08:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes think Maxis didn't actually know what they wanted!  They also tried to make a game that would have mass appeal, so they had to appeal to the mass desire for scandal - a bit like the popular press!

I pretty much ignore wants unless I want to fulfil them - just fill the LTW and it doesn't matter whether they get that guitar or hustle pool or anything else!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 16:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One day William came home and Dagmar was having a passionate goodbye with her lover and he (the hubby) walked right on by without even looking at them and brought the newspaper inside to read.
It appears that hello / goodbye kisses don't count as romantic interactions for jealousy.  You can kiss your lovers goodbye all you like in front of your spouse and s/he will never notice.

I've always found the oddest thing about goodbye kisses is teenagers who kiss goodbye but aren't ready for "first kiss" yet.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: