More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 14:31:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Repeated Expiry Deadlocks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Repeated Expiry Deadlocks  (Read 5706 times)
cobaltspectre
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Repeated Expiry Deadlocks
« on: 2011 November 24, 00:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After growing tired of Sims 3's bugginess, I gave it a year's break.  I grew nostalgic after a year, installed a couple expansions, AwesomeMod, and played a few days when I received the message that it was time to install the new version of AwesomeMod.  I tried to install the latest version as I had an hundred times, before, but, it wouldn't take.  I installed the update, but, I was still told that my version was out of date and my game was shut down. 

I searched the board for information on the problem, and the nearest I could find to advice on something similar to my problem suggested, "Nuke it from Orbit."  I had months' of progress from over a year ago, but, not much from recently.  So, I just let it go and nuked it, reinstalled, and got it working, again.

Now, it's the first update for Awesomemod, and I have the same problem.  I deleted the caches, swapped in the newer version, and I still receive the message that my version is out of date. 

Obviously, it's impractical to "nuke the game from orbit" every time a new version of the mod is released.  Could someone please guide me toward a solution to my problem so that I don't need to reinstall my game, again?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Repeated Expiry Deadlocks
« Reply #1 on: 2011 November 24, 00:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're getting this message, this means you have a second older copy of the file dangling around: Don't blame the expiration date, it's just identifying this problem for you, otherwise you'd be trying to run with two versions, thinking you have the right one, but not.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cobaltspectre
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Repeated Expiry Deadlocks
« Reply #2 on: 2011 November 24, 00:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I'll see if I can find it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: