More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:05:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 371025 times)
Mylinda Antoinette
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #275 on: 2012 August 09, 00:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one thing that constantly bothers me about the game.  How come sims with the nausea moodlet still get hungry?  Wouldn't it make more sense if their hunger motive froze when they get nauseous?

Is that something you could fix?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2012 August 09, 05:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not having been pregnant myself I can't speak with complete certainty, but I don't think it works that way. I think people tend to starve to death if they don't eat - probably faster if they also have growing parasites and vomiting.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2012 August 09, 22:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did this person mention pregnancy? The nauseous moodlet doesn't come solely from pregnancy. You've never had a flu before, or food poisoning? One's appetite isn't exactly blossoming when they're hunched over a toilet retching.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2012 August 10, 05:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the result of what she is suggesting would have the largest impact on pregnant sims. The other occurences of nausea are temporary in comparison, and even then sick people need to eat even if they don't want to. You have to remember that the hunger motive is your blood sugar, not your om nom nom drive.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2012 August 10, 13:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently they think your body magically draws nutrients from the air when you're nauseated.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2012 August 10, 16:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nausea can also sometimes be cured by eating. It doesn't always work, but a lot of times some crackers or soup will settle your stomach and you'll feel fine again.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2012 August 10, 21:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, but in this game hunger and om nom nom drive is one in the same. Sim loses hunger motive, Sim seeks food, even if realistically they may NEED food but not want to eat. What would be cool is a "No Appetite" moodlet where your Sim will reject player's demands to forage and then starve themselves to death in the process.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2012 August 10, 21:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that would be really fucking awesome and incredibly useful.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2012 August 10, 23:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, you think that was a serious request? Are you stupid?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2012 August 11, 02:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was an idiotic request, and you're kind of an idiot, so I don't know why it would suddenly be beyond the scope of reason to assume that you were serious.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2012 August 11, 14:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's just drop this line of inquiry right now, because I'm not doing it. If you REALLY want to do that, AwesomeMod includes a plugin functionality for use with the Undiscovered Shiny that you can use to write your own plugin. But that's an advanced topic that goes beyond the scope of what a drooler like you is probably capable of. So yeah, y'all just go back to drooling into your bibs and staring derpily at the wall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spiration
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2012 August 12, 06:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to hide plumbobs and speech/thought bubbles separately from each other? Right now it's sort of an all-or-nothing choice with hideheadlineeffects, which can get annoying sometimes since I like the speech bubbles but the plumbob annoys me to no end. I guess skill bars could be lumped in here too, since they also get hidden with the other stuff anyways.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2012 August 12, 22:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was an idiotic request, and you're kind of an idiot, so I don't know why it would suddenly be beyond the scope of reason to assume that you were serious.

Well, now you'll know for next time that assuming makes an ass out of you. But then, so does all the rest of your hilarious "wit" you mercilessly salt each thread with.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2012 August 13, 00:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bitter cat is bitter.

danielmyst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2012 August 13, 05:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see some functionality that allows users to delete relationships from the relationship panel like with Twallan's RelationshipPanel mod: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/RelationshipPanel+Phase+Five

I would use AM and this together, but they both use the ctrl-click keystroke. Since the RelationshipPanel mod overrides AM's ctrl-click functionality in the relationship panel, they are incompatible. Would like to see some way to delete relationships from the relationship panel in AM regardless!

Thanks.

Hey Pescado and crew, just wondering what your thoughts are on considering this as a mod to the relationship panel in AM and/or if there's any other way to do this currently via AM or another scripting mod that isn't documented.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2012 August 13, 12:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting relationships doesn't serve any clear functional purpose to do casually, and may actually negatively affect aspects of the game, such as disrupting scoring counters of how many sims your sim has encountered for achievement purposes. The game already performs its own cleanup when a sim is deleted, anyway. I may consider it as a debug functionality. Just what kind of problem are you attempting to resolve this way?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
danielmyst
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2012 August 13, 15:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting relationships doesn't serve any clear functional purpose to do casually, and may actually negatively affect aspects of the game, such as disrupting scoring counters of how many sims your sim has encountered for achievement purposes. The game already performs its own cleanup when a sim is deleted, anyway. I may consider it as a debug functionality. Just what kind of problem are you attempting to resolve this way?

I found that my relationship panel inflates itself pretty quickly with "acquaintance" relationships and tends to get pretty crowded/overstuffed with these. I found that simply ctrl-clicking the desired sims that I would never come in contact again with seemed pretty convenient and kept my relationship panel from getting over-bloated.

I understand some people may find this irrelevant and risky, but I'm sure lots of other people may find this handy like me!

Thanks for your consideration Pescado!
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: 2012 August 14, 00:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's just drop this line of inquiry right now, because I'm not doing it. If you REALLY want to do that, AwesomeMod includes a plugin functionality for use with the Undiscovered Shiny that you can use to write your own plugin. But that's an advanced topic that goes beyond the scope of what a drooler like you is probably capable of. So yeah, y'all just go back to drooling into your bibs and staring derpily at the wall.
Plugin? Undiscovered Shiny? I would like to formally request information about these two topics: May I have information about AwesomeMod plugin capability and the Undiscovered Shiny?

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2012 August 15, 23:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice there are several oversights with the DJ booth. Was wondering if some changes could be incorporated into Awesomemod.

- There is a DJ Service NPC for hire in the game but DJs don't actually appear on community lots, where they would actually be of some use. It's kinda stupid how most of the Showtime venues are silent unless you actually send your sim to do the damn job themselves.
- When a sim starts using a DJ booth, it doesn't automatically disable other music sources in the room like the instruments do. You have to manually disable/enable stereos, which is annoying, or otherwise allow your ears to bleed.
- The LN dance floors require music to be playing in order for sims to dance. Apparently an active DJ booth doesn't count. I'm guessing this is probably something to do with the music from the DJ booth actually being made up of sound effects. But whatever it is, it's still stupid.
-Making a Groove, or whatever, seems to prompt every sim on the lot and in the household to react to this interaction. I had a sim run out of work in the middle of their shift just so they could go home to boo the DJ.
« Last Edit: 2012 August 16, 19:07:34 by Roobs » Logged
scamander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2012 August 22, 16:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I have noticed is that the Supreme Commander does nothing with the pet skills. I think that the Pet skills should be incorporated into the Supreme Commander. For the hunting skill at least, it should be very similar to the "Collect:..." command for regular Sims.
Monty
Asinine Airhead

I will make them love me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: 2012 August 24, 06:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing my vampires recently, and the novelty quickly becomes tiresome as the game feels the need to constantly remind me that vampires do not like sunlight (it even admits it is a well known fact-- why the fuck are you telling me then?) every time I order one to bring the newspaper into the house, walk into the garage or go to work. Maybe Awesomemod should change this so that this warning is only thrown up when a vampire is being a retard and has already been standing out in the sun for long enough to get a well done crisp going.

Because at the moment, it's creating a boy who cried wolf effect where I just click away the warning every single time and find out the vampire has been chilling in the sun for the past 5 hours when the camera pans over to him starving to death. When you switch households, the warning is thrown up when vampires are about to die; instead of when they've walked onto the front porch, since the game has been making them play in the sun while I've been occupied on another household. So while I expect to click away this warning as yet another pointless EAxian reminder, I have to micromanage my vampire households. It's just a pain in the ass. It could have been a warning for imminent death, but it's pestering me every time they briefly go outside. I don't know when to ignore the warning or not because it doesn't throw up the warning when it's appropriate.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2012 September 01, 20:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I really like with AM is that way famblies must have a crib to have babies. I'm wondering if you could do the same thing with the pet dish and horse water troughs. That way, no horses in the tiny houses I build for my poor sims. No animals living in a house where they can't be fed, either.

INTP.
Basilo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2012 September 02, 16:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, with the new 1.38 update EA screwed more stuff up. This time it's the interactions "Tend Garden" "Harvest" and "Weed plant" They used to have your sim do all of the plants on the lot, but now they only do 1-5, and they seem to snap into a different animation when they're done, as well as the occasional teleportation. Would you mind fixing this?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: 2012 September 03, 06:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am recalling with fondness my favourite pes-creation from sims 2 - SMITE! I hereby put in a request for smiting, the meteor shower would be wonderful for it - and no, I don't care about collatoral damage, what self-respecting deity does?

Can we please have 'rocks fall, everyone dies'?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Kitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2012 September 03, 10:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible for you to add an option to keep inactive (or only chosen inactive) sims from earning or spending money? Like the option for job performance?

Thanks very much.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: