More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:03:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370795 times)
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #225 on: 2012 May 26, 09:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I got a little closer to finding the root of my SupremeCommander crashes http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg591280.html#msg591280 and therefore post this now in the request thread.
What I did was the following:
Machine is i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 570 with 1280 GB dedicated VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit
(1) I started a fresh game vanilla in Appaloosa Plains, chose a household of 4 and manually sent each member on a different skill mission (no SC). Sim 1 was sent to a chess table at the Salon to skill logic until the skill improves; Sim 2 was sent to a bookshelf on home lot to skill Cooking until the skill improves to then skill Handiness without further instructions, i.e. indefinitely; Sim 3 was sent to the library to skill Cooking indefinitely; Sim 4 was sent to the library to gain one point in Charisma and then skill Cooking, too. Time was 8 a.m.
I then switched to another household and made sure that this Sim did not come close to the Salon or library.
I switched back to the first household at around 5 p.m.
Only on switching back did the four Sims drop their commands. The result was: Sim 1 had 2 points in Logic; Sim 2 must have had a failure in reaching the bookshelf first but was Handiness 2; Sim 3 had Cooking 2; Sim 4 had Charisma 2 and would have continued skilling Charisma if I hadn't switched, she then immediately dropped the book though and began to skill Cooking.

(2) I tried the same with only AM and aweconfig and got the same result.

So, it seems that the game now has difficulties in updating any progress of inactive Sims, be it motives or orders. When I had tried this in a fully modded game I also had it once that when I switched to another household the skilling progress bar hadn't moved at all at first but immediately filled itself when the Sim was made active, but the Sim had gained 3 skill points despite my order to skill up only to the next level.

Now, as I said before in the Bugs thread, this is the same behaviour that I had observed when Sims were put on SupremeCommander by AwesomeStory: their motives did not update unless my active Sim was close to them and neither did they drop their skilling action, causing them to infinitely interact with the skill object (books, exercise machines, telescopes).
I tested this on two different computers, the one from above and a laptop with a Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, Geforce 9600M GT and 4GB RAM under Vista 64 bit, and I get the same results.

So, my request is to maybe have a look into this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2012 May 26, 09:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating such a thing does not require the use of a core mod nor is it within the scope of any existing AwesomeMod feature, so it is not considered to be within the scope of AwesomeMod.

So, it seems that the game now has difficulties in updating any progress of inactive Sims, be it motives or orders. When I had tried this in a fully modded game I also had it once that when I switched to another household the skilling progress bar hadn't moved at all at first but immediately filled itself when the Sim was made active, but the Sim had gained 3 skill points despite my order to skill up only to the next level.
This is actually a side effect of the game's "low detail behavior" that has been observed in the past, but how does it actually crash?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2012 May 26, 11:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an old mod at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=459905 for a hospital overhaul that offers the ability to donate sperm / be inseminated.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2012 May 26, 11:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating such a thing does not require the use of a core mod nor is it within the scope of any existing AwesomeMod feature, so it is not considered to be within the scope of AwesomeMod.

This is actually a side effect of the game's "low detail behavior" that has been observed in the past, but how does it actually crash?
Well, my assumption is that it causes the crashes because I have them only with SP on and notifications of skilling missions shortly before, i.e., there has always been at least one Sim on a skill mission when I crashed. My conclusion was that SC caused some kind of overflow because those Sims did not complete their first command, like "sleep until fully rested" in time and remained permanently asleep.
I have never seen this behaviour up until patch 1.24 when all skilling commands for inactives, either by SC or manually, had been finished in time and not beyond the scope of one skill point gained. Now I usually end up with several Sims stuck in their skilling action, and often continuing to perform their action even though the skill had already been maxed. Best example was a Sim I found in the library reading a Gardening book despite of her Gardening skill already at 10. She wouldn't drop that book even with the camera focussed on her and only quit if I made her active.
BTW, I have always thought that inactives on SC would go into hight detail mode while SC ran on them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2012 May 26, 11:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does. But because of how things work, once the "payload" is launched, the game essentially takes over. This isn't regarded as a major problem, and honestly, I'm not sure why that would crash, since at that point nothing SC-related is running and it's just as if you had wandered off while a sim was doing something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2012 May 26, 15:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll check back in then as soo as I can cause it to crash reproducibly.

For the time being I have three other requests, however, that I came across while testing the above:

(1) config option: NoMummyAging true/false
(2) AM enables teens to live on their own but not to move house, can this be included? Twallan has a mod for this but I'd rather not install another mod just for this.
(3) This had been requested before but I'd like to re-offer it for consideration: Make the tweaks for vampires with regard to sunlight optional. Main reasons? Both SP and MetaAutonomy send vampires around town regardless of their skin colour causing them to be crippled beyond what I consider reasonable. Especially in worlds that are not tagged as cities. I noticed that light-skinned vampires refuse to leave their house and go to work as soon as they hit the light, and AM has to constantly push them to work and fails repeatedly. Now this means that even in the criminal career they cannot advance, as the first levels take place during the day. The other reason is that with patch 1.33 many things can now only be done during the day, like collecting insects as these change into fireflies during the night and the Showtime professions take place either outside or at least during the day, thus limiting the vampires' potential unless they are pitch black.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2012 May 27, 06:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(1) config option: NoMummyAging true/false
Mummies already have an innate aging extension that is so long as to render them functionally immortal anyway. Given the ridiculously numerous options for extending a sim's age, there's no real reason you should worry about it. Writing an extra code for this is therefore viewed as unnecessary.

(2) AM enables teens to live on their own but not to move house, can this be included? Twallan has a mod for this but I'd rather not install another mod just for this.
AwesomeMod doesn't actually enable this: The game already sort of grudingly tolerates the existence of 12-only households, albeit poorly. AwesomeMod only corrects some of the bugs associated with this particular state of affairs. And much like in real life, 12s can't just move anywhere they please. If you, as God, really wish to force the issue, the "Split Household" functionality in Edit Town will allow you to do it. But sims can't legally do this on their own, and I'm not going to spend time making this when you can already do it using Edit Town.

(3) This had been requested before but I'd like to re-offer it for consideration: Make the tweaks for vampires with regard to sunlight optional. Main reasons? Both SP and MetaAutonomy send vampires around town regardless of their skin colour causing them to be crippled beyond what I consider reasonable.
Issue has been noted. MetaAutonomy and StoryProgression will no longer attempt to drive vampires out during the day.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2012 May 27, 15:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, my last mummy died just at the same age as every other ordinary elder, i.e. with settings on epic at the age of 968 und thus had only lived for approximately 190 days. Hardly immortal, I'd say, and made me think that the elder stage is not subject to long mummified life.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2012 May 28, 23:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an old mod at http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=459905 for a hospital overhaul that offers the ability to donate sperm / be inseminated.

This was almost perfect, except that the father is still flagged as the woman's spouse. I need to have multiple partners to expand the gene pool. I really hate using Master Controller, but I guess there is no other option.
*Skadi holds out for something AWESOME.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2012 May 29, 00:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this request leads to the Vole showing up again to theorize about Where Lesbian Babbies Come From, I'm going to stab all of you so hard.

Lesbian babbies come from the ashes of BBQd babbies, like a phoenix.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2012 June 02, 06:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I saw any mention of this was around the time the base game came out, so either I have tight pants, no one else has noticed (because it doesn't occur often), or nobody else cares.

When my criminal Sims are in jail and I tell them to work out, they don't gain any Athletic skill. If that's actually a universal problem, I am requesting a fix.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
CosmoTheDog
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2012 June 05, 19:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this isn't an awesomemod type mod, I'm sorry for suggesting this. Is it possible to add Illness, Diseases and Injury and an unhealthy trait to awesomemod? This could lead to health care, use of the hospital other than giving birth, and much more.
ichosethisname
Tasty Tourist

Lazy as Hell

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2012 June 15, 09:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few minor tidbits:

Pets are allowed only a few interactions with townies and npcs, until they are 'greeted'. This means that when Johnny Bumfuck wanders onto my lot and looks in my windows, my animals have to make nice with him before they are allowed to use Mean interactions. I find this obnoxious. All interactions should be unlocked, including with NPCs. You're gonna kick my garbage can? My horse is gonna kick you. And no, you don't get to pet him first.

Probably just my nitpicking brain, but I find it odd that when family members with lower relationships try to give a gift, the other sim will still say 'I really don't know you well enough to accept a gift from you.' Que? You cannot say that to your own mother. You take the damn present and exchange it for the CDs you wanted.. This doesn't require much tweaking. Just an altering of the text when two sims are related to one another.
-
More of a question than a request.. not certain if it's your area of expertise. We're beginning to see custom animations for TS3. What is the likelyhood of the TS2 Urn Smash returning?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2012 June 18, 16:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, any chance that deers and raccoons could live on a lot without a human sim being in the family? The household just disappears if you try to do this currently.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2012 June 18, 17:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, any chance that deers and raccoons could live on a lot without a human sim being in the family? The household just disappears if you try to do this currently.

"Deer" is both the singular and plural form of the word.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2012 June 21, 18:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Deer" is both the singular and plural form of the word.

Jezzer! How dare you correct poor "deer" tizerist? Didn't you get the memo, the silent "majority" voted* and declared MATY to be a kinder and gentler place these days.

* Allegedly. So far no proof on this matter is forthcoming. Some speculate that, like the existence of a God, this caek is a lie.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
LemmeIn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2012 June 27, 04:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know how when you have a teen sim flirt with a young adult sim the YA rejects it (the first try) and gets the "Creepy" moodlet and the YA will only accept further romantic gestures after the "Creepy" moodlet disappears? Well I just found out that Nraas's Woohooer allows for Incest. Can we have family members whho try to flirt with each other get the "Creeped Out" moodlet too?
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2012 June 30, 03:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I want other people to get the Creeped Out moodlet when they are around Sister-Wives.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2012 June 30, 11:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nraas's Woohooer allows for Incest. Can we have family members whho try to flirt with each other get the "Creeped Out" moodlet too?
Have you tried taking this request (or complaint, rather) to NRaas?

I personally see no reason to force T-T, T-YA or T-A woohooing. If there is a long aging up lag between members of a teen couple, there are any number of ways to even out sim ages built right into the game. Also, delaying the woohoo action until YA gives you something to look forward to and helps pace the game. But then again I use Rule of 6, i.e., I don't play teens exclusively.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2012 June 30, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'allow close relation' option is off by default so LemmeIn must have searched it down. There are also several ways to turn off the various inter-age romances and disallow teen romance. I think s/he is merely trying to encourage Pescado to 'moral outrage' so that he will take steps to add 'fun' curbers to this NRAAS option the same as he did the paedophilia option.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2012 July 01, 13:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'know how when you have a teen sim flirt with a young adult sim the YA rejects it (the first try) and gets the "Creepy" moodlet and the YA will only accept further romantic gestures after the "Creepy" moodlet disappears?

Well, it appears that the Creeped Out moodlet isn't much of a barrier if, as mentioned above, the moodlet only appears once -- especially in a family with more than one Flirty sim. In order to implement moral consequences, you'd need some sort of Deliverance- or Angels and Insects-type traits, or to build incest into the reputations system, or something more substantial than an ineffectual moodlet.

However, I imagine there aren't a ton of people playing, or clamoring to play, the incest option, whereas the teen romance advocates are numerous and loud. It may be this, more than anything else, that inspired FOJ to implement the AM Pedobear system.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2012 July 01, 19:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it comes to incest, I'm more inclined to allow you to do it, then give you the retarded, deformed flipper babies you clearly asked for. If I ever get around to it.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2012 July 01, 22:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention squidbabbies.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2012 July 01, 22:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You add that to the game and I might be tempted to turn on the incest options just to see the result.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2012 July 02, 07:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it comes to incest, I'm more inclined to allow you to do it, then give you the retarded, deformed flipper babies you clearly asked for. If I ever get around to it.

On a similar note to incest, but not quite as illegal. Could I request that the unlocking apply to the vampire interactions that are blocked for related Sims, so we can drink from and offer to turn relatives?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: