More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:01:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370799 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #175 on: 2012 May 05, 05:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts have always done that since the base game. Whether or not ghosts stay where they are depends purely on the interest level of what's in the rest of the town. It's not an Ambitions thing, ghosts have always randomly driven around town. Honestly, ghosts are a lot more Sixth Sense than ghosts of TS2. The Ghosts of TS2 were aware they were ghosts. The ghosts of TS3 walk around just like everyone else, and don't even know they're dead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2012 May 05, 07:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But before Ambitions some stayed at the graveyard, now none of them ever do. I'm also quite sure that something changed with the Ambitions patch, because it's not that those ghosts go somewhre around town and do something there. As soon as a ghost spawns they will stay around their grave for a few seconds, then the house icon will apear in their thought bubbles and they'll leave. They will go to some random lot and disappear, like those service Sims that can occasionally be found around town during the day. So it seems ghosts now only do one thing: they go "home".
The same happens with ghosts whose urns are on inactives' residential lots. They do not haunt these anymore or use whatever is on offer there. They also just leave and go to some random lot, there to disappear.
As soon as this going home action is triggered I cannot interact with them. If I order my Sims to interact with a ghost that is about to leave the ghost is reset and disappears immediately (not in the sense of disappearing in a puff of smoke), and quite often my Sims are then reset, too, and get teleported back to their home lot. This has never happened before but it has remained like that since Ambitions, in both vanilla or modded games.
I think it was Buzzler at MTS who once mentioned this as a bug for which he couldn't find the cause though.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2012 May 05, 09:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts are forced to go Home(Limbo) if not on an active Lot since Ambitions. NRaas_GoHere fixes it but it may be not compatible with Awesomemod.

Quote from: Twallan
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Phase+Two
This mod replaces the "Go Here" interaction, with one that can be stacked in the queue, allowing the user to better direct the route of a sim.

Also included :
 •Ghosts will no longer be pushed by autonomy to leave graveyards
•Correction for a common error with "Visit Community Lot", a widely used autonomous interaction
•Inactive sims will now be less likely to "Go Home" when visiting a lot where an active sim is also visiting
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2012 May 05, 22:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a request and I really really really think u guys should consider it. Can you please GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING PEDO FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it really necessary to have in the game? Is anybody going to absolutely die without it? I'm not trying to be the 'morality police' or anything, but I take this stuff seriously. And reading all the posts about ppl requesting bug fixes for pedo interactions makes me sick. I suppose the only reason that feature is included is because of some fucked up "freedom of expression" shit. But if anybody here knew what it's like to be a victim of teenage rape, then you would understand where I'm coming from...

I'm dead serious about this. Because we all know its wrong, so why support and enable it?

Pescado, I'm begging you to do this. Please.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2012 May 05, 22:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you make the eyelash slider increments increase along with the face/body slider multiplier?

I have a request and I really really really think u guys should consider it. Can you please GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING PEDO FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it really necessary to have in the game? Is anybody going to absolutely die without it? I'm not trying to be the 'morality police' or anything, but I take this stuff seriously. And reading all the posts about ppl requesting bug fixes for pedo interactions makes me sick. I suppose the only reason that feature is included is because of some fucked up "freedom of expression" shit. But if anybody here knew what it's like to be a victim of teenage rape, then you would understand where I'm coming from...

I'm dead serious about this. Because we all know its wrong, so why support and enable it?

Pescado, I'm begging you to do this. Please.

Snowflaek thinks its speshul.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2012 May 05, 23:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a request and I really really really think u guys should consider it. Can you please GET RID OF THE MOTHERFUCKING PEDO FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The possibility of romantic or other interactions, have merely been enabled. If you do this and then seek out the custom mods that create the teen/adult interactions, the Pescadoian consequences are that there is a risk of the sim being caught and identified as a paedophile, which will have an impact on the sim for its whole life. Quite realistic.

How is this supporting and enabling paedophilia? Are you asking that the punishment be removed? If not, then you need to find the people that write the teen/adult interaction mods and have a go at them.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2012 May 06, 14:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The possibility of romantic or other interactions, have merely been enabled.

Thats what I mean by supporting and enabling it. I know AM opens the doors for pedophile mods out there like the woohoo-inator (idk what others are out there). That's the part where I have a problem. I know it might sound stupid, but things like that just haunt me. I wish it didn't, but I can't help it.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2012 May 06, 17:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean NRaas' Woohooer, it does not require Awesomemod in any way and has no consequences if the actions are enabled by itself.  Using the Woohooer together with Awesomemod leaves the consequences fully intact should anyone choose to enable the options in the Woohooer.  That sounds right to me.

Leaving them to crash the game if Awesomemod is installed sounds right, too, but I can just imagine how much more complaining there would be in that case.  Ruining Sim's lives and making permanent changes to a player's game who chooses to enable such skeevy features with other mods seems like a pretty pro-active anti-pedo feature, actually.
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2012 May 06, 17:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh ok, then I guess I should save my argument for NRaas. Although I don't think it will do any good. I hope ppl don't think i'm just a whiny little prude, and it'll be just some insignificant comment that nobody cares about or pays attention to, because I'm just one dissenter and there are tons of ppl who actually want this mod. It's disgusting
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2012 May 06, 18:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it turned on once (briefly) and was actually playing a cop at the time. He starts making conversation with a female so I just que'd as many convo options up as I could so he wouldn't be "boring". However, with the fat/thin settings it's damn hard to tell who is what age compared with S2 where the teens look like pogo sticks, so in rushes a cop after he did nothing more than tell her she looked nice, cuffs him and hauls him off. He loses his job with no way of getting it back, and ended up in the criminal career branch as no one else would hire him besides the greasy spoon. Honestly I had to laugh, and I've never turned that option on again because one wrong move and it's all over...Pescado did a good job of covering all bases.
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2012 May 06, 19:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I didn't realize AM was a 'consequences mod." Since the description of it makes it look like just an enabler mod. I wish there was a way to punish ppl who enable the mod in real life. Like track their IP address and ban them from MATY and Nraas Industries.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2012 May 06, 23:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, you know, Butters, it's all relative really. As an example, teens in the game can drive, but they cannot woohoo. In the UK, it's legal to have sex at 16, but you cannot drive until you're 17. So, from a Brit's perspective, why shouldn't the teens have sex if they can drive? Having said that, I don't use the teen-adult interactions myself, I'm just saying that not everyone approaches this issue from such a US-centric viewpoint. Plus, it's just an option, it doesn't mean you have to use it or agree with it.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2012 May 06, 23:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like track their IP address and ban them from MATY and Nraas Industries.

You want real-life consequences for a fake crime?  Let's not blow things out of proportion here and cry great big F-ly tears over characters in a videogame with poorly-defined aging parameters.  A "teen" and "young adult" sim can have a one-day age difference.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2012 May 07, 00:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it turned on once (briefly) and was actually playing a cop at the time. He starts making conversation with a female so I just que'd as many convo options up as I could so he wouldn't be "boring". However, with the fat/thin settings it's damn hard to tell who is what age compared with S2 where the teens look like pogo sticks, so in rushes a cop after he did nothing more than tell her she looked nice, cuffs him and hauls him off. He loses his job with no way of getting it back, and ended up in the criminal career branch as no one else would hire him besides the greasy spoon. Honestly I had to laugh, and I've never turned that option on again because one wrong move and it's all over...Pescado did a good job of covering all bases.
You can tell because all of the pedo options are marked by HANDCUFFS and the PEDOBEAR.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2012 May 07, 00:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was way in the beginning of the game and the mod, don't recall seeing that. I might have not been paying attention at the time though, don't really remember anymore.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2012 May 07, 02:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize this was actually part of the mod. That is the greatest thing I've ever read.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2012 May 07, 13:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think the whole thing was a nice STFU to the people who were whining about Inteen incompatibility and begging for adult-teen relationships.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Consort
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2012 May 10, 02:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O hai!

@Pescado
Would you like to include this into your awesome mod?
http://www.modthesims.info/d/470349

I get requests to make my core-mod awesome compatible, so why not put it into yours?

And no, i'ts not a slider mod.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2012 May 10, 07:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you consider the above request, I would also like to request to look into something regarding bodyweight. Recently I began to notice that my vampires lost weight during cardio workout and did not regain it anymore. Those vampires had an initial bodyweight between 0 and -0.5 and went down to exactly -0.5 and stayed there unless I overfed them over several days, at which point they gradually snapped back to their genetic weight. Much odder, however, was when I sent two thirst ghost children on vacation. On arrival their bodyinfo was 0 fitness and -1 weight. I thought this normal that they would revert to the default hunger values despite me having set their bodyinfo to something like -0.3 weight and 0.6 fitness via the console. Over the course of a few days, however, they gained fitness at a disproportionate rate without working out at all and ended up at approximately -1 weight and 1 fitness. -1 and 1 are the values that all Bridgeport vampires have and I begin to wonder whether this is somehow the standard value for all vampires, which would explain why my vampires can easily lose weight but have difficulties in gaining some.

My second request also concerns vampires. As of patch 1.24 I noticed that vampires lose their favourite food and are assigned some random dish whenever I send them into CAS, whether it's through the console commands dresser, mirror, makeover or editsim or through the mirror, dresser, or styling station themselves. I remember that this had always been the case for editsim or Edit in CAS, but I think this had not happened when I sent them to a dresser or stylist. Can this be changed, i.e., that their plasma favourite sticks after CAS commands?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2012 May 10, 08:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you consider the above request, I would also like to request to look into something regarding bodyweight. Recently I began to notice that my vampires lost weight during cardio workout and did not regain it anymore. Those vampires had an initial bodyweight between 0 and -0.5 and went down to exactly -0.5 and stayed there unless I overfed them over several days, at which point they gradually snapped back to their genetic weight.
Sounds working correctly, then. Things can't gain weight without food, this would sort of violate the laws of physics. Although there should be nothing special about vampires in that regard. Workouts will lower weight up to a point, but not all the way to the bottom, so the -0.5 floor sounds about right. They will then remain there until you feed them enough that they can start to gain weight again.

Much odder, however, was when I sent two thirst ghost children on vacation. On arrival their bodyinfo was 0 fitness and -1 weight. I thought this normal that they would revert to the default hunger values despite me having set their bodyinfo to something like -0.3 weight and 0.6 fitness via the console.
That's a bit unusual, since I've never seen anything like that before, mine seem to stay more or less at their default values

My second request also concerns vampires. As of patch 1.24 I noticed that vampires lose their favourite food and are assigned some random dish whenever I send them into CAS, whether it's through the console commands dresser, mirror, makeover or editsim or through the mirror, dresser, or styling station themselves. I remember that this had always been the case for editsim or Edit in CAS, but I think this had not happened when I sent them to a dresser or stylist. Can this be changed, i.e., that their plasma favourite sticks after CAS commands?
Never seen this before. Did you attempt to change that value?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2012 May 10, 13:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't? Are you sure? Maybe you are not using the right interaction objects?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2012 May 10, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you consider the above request, I would also like to request to look into something regarding bodyweight. Recently I began to notice that my vampires lost weight during cardio workout and did not regain it anymore. Those vampires had an initial bodyweight between 0 and -0.5 and went down to exactly -0.5 and stayed there unless I overfed them over several days, at which point they gradually snapped back to their genetic weight.
Sounds working correctly, then. Things can't gain weight without food, this would sort of violate the laws of physics. Although there should be nothing special about vampires in that regard. Workouts will lower weight up to a point, but not all the way to the bottom, so the -0.5 floor sounds about right. They will then remain there until you feed them enough that they can start to gain weight again.
Ok, I tested it with a normal Sim. After some jogging he went down from -0.148 to -0.411. With normal feeding with perfect quality food he gained around 0.07 in weight within one day and ten more hours later was at -0.3. The vampires remain at -0.5 even after several days. Is weight gain tied to the quality of the food or the meal moodlet, respectively? This would at least explain why they have to be overfed in order to gain weight as my vampires usually feed on juice or plasma nectar, both of which don't grant these meal moodlets. I can't remember whether feeding on Sims did in fact have an effect on their weight, I would have to load another save for that.

Much odder, however, was when I sent two thirst ghost children on vacation. On arrival their bodyinfo was 0 fitness and -1 weight. I thought this normal that they would revert to the default hunger values despite me having set their bodyinfo to something like -0.3 weight and 0.6 fitness via the console.
That's a bit unusual, since I've never seen anything like that before, mine seem to stay more or less at their default values.
All the vampire ghosts that have died of thirst and were resurrected have shown this so far. I did edit them after resurrection to give them more weight and some fitness back. On arrival in vacation lands they reverted to the initial -1 and 0 values. The children in question, however, were born in game and actually carried their parent's bodyinfo, so on arrival the info screen said something like -1/-0.345 fatness and 0/0.678 fitness, did not approach these values over time, however, but ended with -0.9 weight and 0.9 fitness.

Never seen this before. Did you attempt to change that value?
No, I tested it a few hours ago in an, almost, vanilla game. I had to use a mod to make the vampire in the first place. I sent this vampire to a dresser to "Plan Outfit" and Plasma was replaced with Lobster Thermidor after exiting CAS.

Edit: Just tested it again: Loaded a fresh game with only MasterController as a mod, turned Christopher Steele into a Vampire. Saved, exited, removed MasterController, cleared caches and loaded the save again. Sent Christopher Steele to a mirror, changed his hairstyle, hit the accept button, his favourite food is now eggrolls. Saved, went back to main menu and loaded that save again. Reload seems to correct this, so Christopher is now again into 0 Positive. Sent him to a dresser, changed his outfit, his favourite food is now hamburgers. So, reloading does fix it, but it's annoying nevertheless, and I'm pretty sure that pre 1.24 this was not the case and happened only under two conditions: using editsim or the Change of Taste LTR, as 0 Positive is not something that can be selected.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 10, 15:17:20 by vorpal » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2012 May 12, 09:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I tested it with a normal Sim. After some jogging he went down from -0.148 to -0.411. With normal feeding with perfect quality food he gained around 0.07 in weight within one day and ten more hours later was at -0.3. The vampires remain at -0.5 even after several days. Is weight gain tied to the quality of the food or the meal moodlet, respectively?
No. And I can't find any particular reason why you would observe this effect. Note that under AwesomeMod (with the "Conserve Mass" feature enabled), as long as your Hunger-equivalent value remains < 50 (75%), your sim will not automatically regain weight. But it's not dependent on any moodlet. Although interestingly, I'm not entirely clear how a sim actually gains weight in the first place, since it doesn't appear that the Stuffed buff or anything else is checked anywhere I can easily find...

Much odder, however, was when I sent two thirst ghost children on vacation. On arrival their bodyinfo was 0 fitness and -1 weight.
I think this is an effect the game applies to "Starvation" type ghosts, of which Thirst ghosts may qualify. You're not actually supposed to change this.

So, reloading does fix it, but it's annoying nevertheless, and I'm pretty sure that pre 1.24 this was not the case and happened only under two conditions: using editsim or the Change of Taste LTR, as 0 Positive is not something that can be selected.
Yeah, if the problem is self-correcting like you describe, I'm just gonna ignore it. It's not worth the hassle of having to deal with when/if EAxis decides to fix this on their own, since it is apparently harmless and goes away if you just ignore it.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2012 May 12, 13:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anything be done about which side a Sim sleeps in on a double bed? I understand that after a Sim sleeps in a specific bed a given number of times it is then classed as "their" bed but this doesn't seem to be stopping them sleeping on the other side of a double bed.
I swear that in the base game, and up until a few patch levels back, that a Sim would sleep in whichever side of a double bed was clicked on. Now they sleep on whichever side of the bed is closest to them.
I set my bedrooms up and decorate them accordingly to which side of the bed the husband and wife sleep in. This is pointless if they won't stick to the side of the bed I assign them. Call me anal, but I like my Sim couples to have their own sides of a bed and for them to stick to them!
The only way around this for me at the moment is to manually direct the Sim to stand by the side of the bed I want them to sleep in before issuing the Sleep command. Get's kind of tedious.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2012 May 12, 14:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually tried to figure that out myself, but I can't quite seem to find out what causes that. Ultimately I gave up on it when double beds were supplanted as the dominant energy paradigm, rendering it a moot point.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: