More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:54:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370975 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #150 on: 2012 April 01, 03:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make an addition that prevents/seriously decreases the number of vampires within a town? It's annoying that every other Sim I see in my town is a vampire now.
That's not an AwesomeMod behavior: AwesomeMod never makes more vampires. This is what happens if you turn EAxis Story Progression on. If you don't want dumbass shit happening, don't do that.

Would it be possible to make it a feature of AwesomeMod that Midlife Crisis wishes are credited toward the Midlife Crisis wish total even if they're satisfied without being promised? (When I satisfy these wishes without first promising them, the message "She has completed 0 midlife crisis wishes" stays the same in the moodlet.)
Will be fixed in next update.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 01, 03:20:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
evadine
Asinine Airhead

Hallo.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012 April 01, 03:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a way in which the sims wouldn't constantly be picking up the small pets so that they get lose when you don't notice them in the inventory?

Je fait souvent des erreurs qui sont très bête.
我不但学中文,而且我有中国男朋友,所以我说一点儿中文。
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012 April 01, 05:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS - I think.

It's not that I'm not sure of where the minor pet mods are, I'm just less than sure about your sentance structure.

Pescado: Any chance you could move the '?' icon for buy/debug items to page 2 of the options instead of having it poking up at the top like that?
« Last Edit: 2012 April 01, 21:09:33 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012 April 01, 13:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an XML UI thing. So no, not really part of the scope of AwesomeMod. I'm terrible with UI.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2012 April 02, 04:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to add the skilling difficulty adjustment to Pets? I hate how fast they skill up hunting skills and such.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012 April 03, 14:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some more info regarding the faulty digital picture frames.
Having a single image or multiple images in a frame makes no difference. The frame will always revert to the default 'sketch' image when a game is loaded.
With multiple images in a frame it is possible to "Start Slideshow" which will cycle through all pictures in the frame. If the game is saved with a slideshow in progress, when the game is reloaded the frame will still have defaulted to the 'sketch' image but will then proceed to start showing images again automatically once the set time to switch images is reached.
So, does this make it any more likely that something can be done about it?
I would occassionally bug you about it in #grah but it never seems productive to do so and this info seemed better suited here.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2012 April 08, 09:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a single image or multiple images in a frame makes no difference. The frame will always revert to the default 'sketch' image when a game is loaded.
With multiple images in a frame it is possible to "Start Slideshow" which will cycle through all pictures in the frame. If the game is saved with a slideshow in progress, when the game is reloaded the frame will still have defaulted to the 'sketch' image but will then proceed to start showing images again automatically once the set time to switch images is reached.
I would occassionally bug you about it in #grah but it never seems productive to do so and this info seemed better suited here.

I don't normally play with the digital photo frames, so I'm not very acquainted with this problem. NRaas Overwatch has a "Restart Digital Photos" feature, though. Is that possibly something that could help?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012 April 08, 12:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't normally play with the digital photo frames, so I'm not very acquainted with this problem. NRaas Overwatch has a "Restart Digital Photos" feature, though. Is that possibly something that could help?

I'm not sure as he doesn't really explain what it does other than that it restarts digital picture objects on a nightly basis. I assume this could probably deal with the issue but it seems like overkill to go and download Overwatch for this one feature alone seeing as a lot of the other stuff is already in AM. Plus, I absolutely HATE the extra pie menu options that get added to Sims with NRaas mods. I prefer the mods I use to run "behind the curtain" which is why I like AM so much.
I guess if Pes has no interest in looking at this then I'll just have to live with not using digital photo frames, and by extension, photographers.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012 April 09, 01:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I absolutely HATE the extra pie menu options that get added to Sims with NRaas mods.

This. Also, the photo resetting thing bugs me as well.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012 April 13, 20:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new request from me this time.
Is it possible to stop the gaining of celebrity stars when a Sim goes to watch a celebrity put on a SHT performance?
I had my Sim go and watch a SimPort Sim who happened to be a 3 star celeb and the second I chose to throw something on stage I attained 1 star celebrity status! Seems a bit too idiotic.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2012 April 17, 18:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why there are no shows running in a neighborhood. So I got the idea a command
DisplayShowTimeCareersHistogram
(similar to DisplayCelebrityLevelHistogram)
would be a neat addition as it could show us how many Sims in any of the three Showtime careers we have and at what level they are.

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2012 April 19, 00:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to stop the gaining of celebrity stars when a Sim goes to watch a celebrity put on a SHT performance?
That's probably an XML thing. Someone can change that in a tuning mod without the need for a core hack.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2012 April 20, 16:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about the gnomes from Pets then that attract or repel strays? Their textures never update when you switch them to repel. Using the debug commands and interactions, if you "Reset Texture" on them then the gnomes will update but not in regular gameplay like they should.

I've looked at the files for them as well as another guy over at MTS but neither of us are knowlegable enough to know what tells the gnome to change pose and texture.

Interestingly enough, if you clone any of the three gnomes with either s3oc or TSRW, they only ever copy the 'nice' gnome, ignoring any of the 'mean' gnome data.

ETA Also, any chance you could look into getting performing Sims to change back into their regular clothes after a show? I have about 8 Sims walking around Starlight Shores in their various performance gear now!
« Last Edit: 2012 April 20, 18:16:41 by Menaceman » Logged
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2012 April 29, 01:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few itty bitty additions I'd like to see:

1) An option to prevent Butlers from cooking. I love them to death, but the fill my fridge up with meals that my family doesn't eat.

2) An option to check the Baking Report from the computer.

3) Increased traffic for the bake sale table thing.

Also, this is something someone else would likely have to do, but I'd like to have the lockers from Ambitions with dresser options enabled.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 29, 01:38:08 by Turd Ferguson » Logged

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2012 April 29, 03:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sticking new commands on objects can be done using non-core injectors, so this isn't really an important core-mod topic. Low baking table traffic is caused by setting up in the wrong place. If the place you're setting up is nowhere near anything anyone would actually want to go, obviously, no one is come. Like in any business, location is important!

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2012 April 29, 06:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sticking new commands on objects can be done using non-core injectors, so this isn't really an important core-mod topic. Low baking table traffic is caused by setting up in the wrong place. If the place you're setting up is nowhere near anything anyone would actually want to go, obviously, no one is come. Like in any business, location is important!

Weird. I've set up the table in the driveway of a house on a dead end street and gotten a few customers, but I go to the Library in Starlight (which is unusually busy) and I get jack shit.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2012 April 29, 20:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the lot is TOO busy, the sims who arrive end up distracted by all the shiny things. Keep in mind, these are sims: They respond to SHINY THINGS waved in their faces. If you are not the shiniest thing being waved in their face, they will ignore you. You see this behavior all the time: Lots of things are inexplicably extremely attractive to sims, causing giant mobs to form around them. TS3 mitigates this by adding different shiny-thing-attractors, but ultimately the logic is the same: The sim heads for whatever is perceived as most shiny, which usually has little or nothing to do with what serves any logical or useful purpose.

Thus, when you setup in the driveway, there wasn't anything else they could do because they weren't allowed in the house, but when you setup in the library, tons of shiny things existed to capture their attention on anything but you. What you need is a place that is inexplicably attractive for sims to visit, yet completely devoid of anything worth doing on arrival, like a park.

Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2012 April 30, 18:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not shiny enough? Look at this wonderful smorgasbord of sugar based product and tell me you wouldn't be attracted.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2012 April 30, 21:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids must grow up way too quick in my game as I wasn't away that 90% of those dishes existed.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012 May 01, 13:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine why the Janet Reno bake sale didn't draw a larger crowd.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012 May 01, 14:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not shiny enough? Look at this wonderful smorgasbord of sugar based product and tell me you wouldn't be attracted.
I have this deep distrust of anything made by unbeaten children. What would be even funnier if the cops then shut the kids down for not having the appropriate food service licenses and permits. That actually happens now, the practice of selling lemonade and stuff off the street is now illegal.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012 May 01, 17:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That actually happens now, the practice of selling lemonade and stuff off the street is now illegal.
This is like how Halloween was ruined by razor blades -- although I suppose on the other end of the criminal / law enforcement spectrum.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2012 May 03, 15:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a scripting mod on MTS in a full range of flavors that controls Butlers and their cooking.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2012 May 03, 17:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is like how Halloween was ruined by razor blades -- although I suppose on the other end of the criminal / law enforcement spectrum.
The razor blades thing is an urban myth and never actually happened, anyway.

BethMoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2012 May 05, 02:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I loved most about The Sims 3 base game was that I could go to a graveyard at night and see ghosts there.

After Ambitions (I believe this change came with the ghost hunter career), they no longer hang out in the graveyard but jump in cars and ride off into the night.  This has made me sad since . . . well, since Ambitions.

Request

Would it be possible to make it so a few ghosts hang out in the graveyard like they used to?  I miss them and have been yearning for the olden days when I could nab some deathfish while I watch the pretty ghosties float around.  And for my Sim to have a one-stop spot to find the spirits of her dead enemies so she can laugh at them.  That's important too.

Thanks

I understand if it's not possible or feasible or you're just too busy.  But please consider it in the long run if you can.  Smiley  It would mean a lot to me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: