More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:43:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 371036 times)
Bran Muffin
Tasty Tourist

It's a padded helmet

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #75 on: 2011 December 14, 06:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for Awesomemod to allow teens to "club dance"?

When looking for a mod that would allow this, all I could find was a thread explaining how to make a core mod to do it. Since I use AwesomeMod a core mod really isn't an option.

Here is what I found, I hope it is of use to you:

I haven't tried experimenting with it, but in the Sims3GameplayObjects.dll, there's a boolean function for stereo equipment called "SimCanClubDance()" which includes an age check. If the sim is a teen or below, it immediately returns false. Changing that to check for ChildOrBelow instead might allow teens to do it.

Edit: After some testing, I discovered that both the function above and another called "SimCanBaseDance()" need to be changed. In both cases, changing the age check from "TeenOrBelow" to "ChildOrBelow". After that, a teen sim can club dance just like an adult.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 14, 08:42:01 by Bran Muffin » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011 December 14, 13:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure this would have to be a core mod?  The OP actually said it wasn't sure if it had to be a core mod or if a simple tuning mod could do it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Bran Muffin
Tasty Tourist

It's a padded helmet

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 December 14, 20:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately I don't know any better than the OP. I cannot exclude the possibility, but if it can be done with a scripting mod I have no idea how to do it. My modding experience only goes so far very basic .package file tuning and all I can say is I've found no way to do it with that.

Strangely enough, the "Dance On Counter/Table" interaction is tunable as a simple ITUN file, and by default teens are allowed to do it. It plays the same animations as club dancing, why EA saw fit to disable club dancing for teens but allows them to shake it while standing on tables is a mystery.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 December 14, 20:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...why EA saw fit to disable club dancing for teens but allows them to shake it while standing on tables is a mystery.

An EA product with sloppy coding?  Surely not.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2011 December 23, 03:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An EA product with sloppy coding?  Surely not.
Still, one would expect it to get better after a while. Makes the thought of Sims 4 scary. Very scary.

As for my feature requests, there are two things that bug the bleep out of me.
1. I just despise it when sims take people home with them without asking me. I'd like a prompt to request my permission.
2. It takes hours to collect all the income from real estate. If we can check, purchase and sell real estate, why didn't EAxis allow us to collect all income from the computer as well?

Haven't been able to find mods for that in Sims 3, although I imagine they exist...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011 December 27, 00:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. I just despise it when sims take people home with them without asking me. I'd like a prompt to request my permission.
When are they doing that? I've never seen that.

2. It takes hours to collect all the income from real estate. If we can check, purchase and sell real estate, why didn't EAxis allow us to collect all income from the computer as well?
Because shaking people down for money isn't very effective unless you're actually there to do the shaking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 December 27, 01:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen it with school-age children, Pescado.  If your child wants to go home with another kid after school, the game asks your permission, but kids will come home with your spawn whether you like it or not.

Orionos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 December 27, 14:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When are they doing that? I've never seen that.
Like jeromycraig states, it's them annoying brats that keep bringing friends home. Come to think of it, I've never seen my adults do it (though they did in S2). Here I am, trying to create socially awkward kids, and they just keep making friends.

Because shaking people down for money isn't very effective unless you're actually there to do the shaking.
Got it, thanks. In that case, could I interest someone into making a sim-with-tommygun animation whenever they enter a rabbithole (raincoat and fedora optional)? That way, I can feel like a real mobster.
lidaja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012 January 22, 20:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to do an option to give pets as a gift?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012 January 23, 06:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible? Sure. Purposeful? Not really, since the facility for reorganizing households, including pets, already exists in the "Edit Town" section.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012 January 23, 06:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of pet related requests - can there be some kind of block added so that humans don't abandon their pets? I left a 4 human 4 dog household alone while dealing with another family. The household was not chosen (if that makes any difference) but they moved to a caravan (ostensibly for breeding purposes), then dumped the dogs and ran - 100 points for real world feeling, but not want I wanted (especially since the pets were then deleted by the game engine and their friendship disapeared from the Sims LTW counter).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012 January 23, 09:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wasn't actually supposed to happen, and I only have a sort of vague idea why, but I added a cleanup so that if it was what I think it was, famblies should no longer split off all the humans and forget their pets.

Chili
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012 January 29, 15:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have searched the forum and did not find the answer. First of all let me say that awesomemod is, well, freaking awesome! Thanks Pescado, much appreciated.

Here's what I'm looking for:

1) No taxis!  Sims need to provide their own transportation or walk (I guess walking is a form of transportation...  Grin)

2) This one is a little tricky. Naked sims is pretty standard (for some of us). But being naked is really just wearing "special" clothing. The problem there is that other sims don't see a naked sim as naked.  Is there any way to code the naked clothing so the sim wearing it really does appear naked to others so as to cause embarrassment?  Embarrassed

Perfect is almost good enough.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2012 January 29, 21:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither of these are Awesome related that I can see. The first may be handled with a MTS mod (not sure), but is definately controllable through NRAS mods. The 2nd would be something done to the clothing itself so go ask the clothing creator.

Pescado - baaaa.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2012 January 30, 00:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second could be a trait opposite to "Never Nude".  Very likely someone out there can make such a trait that would be workable with Awesome.
Chili
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012 January 30, 02:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither of these are Awesome related that I can see. The first may be handled with a MTS mod (not sure), but is definately controllable through NRAS mods. The 2nd would be something done to the clothing itself so go ask the clothing creator.

Pescado - baaaa.

I use the NRAAS mods, but haven't seen where this is configurable. Will check with Twallan although he's got this silly Wiki page now that is harder to navigate than a regular forum page is.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012 January 30, 11:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think such a trait can be done using plugin trait functionality. Although I've actually considered trying to resurrect the "Nudist" trait that got cut very early in the process. As for the taxi thing, if someone hasn't already done that via an XML, I'll think about it.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2012 January 30, 14:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty simple to modify clothing with S3PE to check the "Is clothing revealing?" flag, but what I'm guessing the OP is actually asking for would be for non-nudist sims to react appropriately while the nudist sim walks about like a big naked ninny, not at all concerned.

Chili
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012 January 30, 14:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. Nudist sims can chat with each other normally, but non-nudist sims would be incensed, disgusted, and embarrassed. Pretty much what you might see in the Castro district of San Francisco.  Cool

That may be asking for a bit too much, huh?  So if possible, just freak out the non-nudist sims....  Grin

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012 January 30, 14:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty simple to modify clothing with S3PE to check the "Is clothing revealing?" flag.
AFAIK that only makes inappropriate (and childish?) sims point and laugh at your sim. Still better than nothing though.

A nudist trait would be really funny... IF the other sims react to it. I guess a never nude sim should run in terror when seeing a nude sim, a hot headed should yell at the offender, inappropriate sims would point and laugh of course. An other nudist sim would have the urge to undress, grumpy sim should be agressive and complain, NPC cops should arrest the naked sim if they actually see him/her. The rest could be disgusted (the puke animation) or shrug and ignore (the not again! animation and walk away).
Chili
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2012 January 30, 14:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has nothing to do with the thread, Painkiller, but I love your avatar!  Someone was playing too hard.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2012 January 30, 18:25:35 by Chili » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012 January 30, 20:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has nothing to do with the thread, Painkiller, but I love your avatar!  Someone was playing too hard.  Cheesy

Die in a fire.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2012 February 01, 19:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to include some sort of "hidefences" command, similar to "hideobjects"?

Perhaps I should clarify. I'm trying to fix the foundation wall lighting glitch by removing the outer strip of foundation from the house, building walls in the basement and then replacing the foundation. I used hideobjects to assist with this, as it's a pain to move every object out of the way.

Everything is fine until I go to replace the foundation, at which point the game throws up that bizzare and ridiculous "cannot intersect fence" message (the game has no qualms if you intersect a fence with foundation afterwards though). Removing and replacing fences is a hassle enough, but the offending fences here are inexplicably unselectable with the eyedropper and CAST tools and I cannot seem to find the correct texture to match the rest. The whole thing is just such a farce to replace a simple strip of foundation. Bah.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 04, 17:51:08 by Roobs » Logged
youarehome
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012 February 02, 01:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for a debug cheat that sets careers at a certain level?
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2012 February 02, 04:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There already is a debug command that allows you to choose a career.

Flowing with the go.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: