More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:36:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370768 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Awesomemod Request Thread
« on: 2011 November 05, 04:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go, have at it.

Caveat emptor.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2011 November 05, 06:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it isn't already being worked on, could we have a "collect critters" option (or similar) in Supreme Commander?

I'm hoping since there haven't been any major bug reports since the most recent awesomemod update that it's possible to start looking into the deep, dark Pet zone.

Flowing with the go.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2011 November 05, 09:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you make big inventions like Miners or Floor Hygienators stack, like you did for rocks?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 November 05, 11:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things in the inventory can be made ad-hoc stackable by CRTL-Shift-Clicking it and hitting "Enable Stackable".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nythawk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 November 05, 13:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the first time I've actually needed to request a feature so here goes. I noticed while using "maxmotives" that it only works for the Sims and not the pets. Would there be a way to add pets to that command or to make one just for them such as "maxmotivespets"? Thanks. And by the way, thank you Pescado for all the hard work you put into AM. Without you and Twaillan's efforts I wouldn't enjoy The Sims as much as I do. Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 November 05, 22:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will be added to next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 November 06, 07:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unicorns can set things on fire, but not sims, and not things right next to sims. They also cannot curse or bless people they have not interacted with. I'd like to see this change, even if the only sims I ever set fire to, or curse are paparazzi.

I'd also like to see a 'disable strays' option in the config, because all the no-stray mods seem to fail for me.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 November 06, 09:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stray pool tuning is an XML thing, you can probably make your own XML to do that.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2011 November 06, 10:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to make macro/go to sleep disregard the butler's bed?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 November 06, 11:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you have manually acquainted a sim with its bed, it will remember it using the same mechanism the game ordinarily does.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 November 06, 11:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just goes for a random bed unless there's a set butler bed about in which case it zeroes straight in on it for me without fail. Might just be sim stupidity, I don't think I've trained this particular family not to fuck up enough. Time for mayhem & death!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 November 06, 12:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are set butler beds? The usual way to begin when deploying a sim fambly to a new lot is to lock all the bedrooms except the one they are supposed to go, which only they may enter. After a few iterations they will learn which bed is theirs and stop messing with the others.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2011 November 07, 12:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on bed 'set as butler x's bed'. Awesomemod ignores this nifty little game feature and proceeds to send tired sims to that one bed, regardless of where it is in proximity to the tired sim.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 November 07, 13:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't actually really a new feature. That's just flagging the bed using the same internal bed-flagging mechanism.

Here's how AwesomeMod currently identifies a bed:
1. If a bed has been identified as "sim's bed", then that bed receives higher priority than beds not identified as being owned by that sim.
2. If the sim has no "owned" bed on that lot, it will pick the bed with the highest energy value.

Will insert the following rule after the first rule in the next version:
1a. Beds owned by someone else receive lower priority over beds owned by no one else.

This should significantly reduce the problem, although I'm honestly not sure why you encounter it all presently, unless for some reason your sims don't actually have their own bed!

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2011 November 07, 15:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a sim that was sent to boarding school wouldn't sleep in her bed when she returned because it was seen as an 'owned' bed, even though the owner's name was her's.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 November 07, 17:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be odd, seeing as I uploaded the version that actually contains the above-mentioned feature less than 5 minutes ago. However, if sims have started talking about themselves in 3rd person, your neighborhood is now deeply broken somewhere.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2011 November 07, 18:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bed in question was transported from a previous save (via family inventory). I was able to re-assign the bed easily enough. This didn't happen before the kid was set to boarding school though, so I'm guessing that's where whatever went wrong.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 November 08, 06:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to have the option of disabling the timeout of unlocked wishes in the active family? I'd imagine disabling it for inactives would make it highly unlikely that they would actually gain LTH points. I know Twallan's Dreamer has the option of completely disabling it, but since EVERYTHING ELSE in that mod is already included in awesome, I find it uncomfortably redundant to install it. Also, the inactives will not likely fulfill their wishes that way.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 November 08, 07:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's certainly POSSIBLE to disable it, but I am not certain this is wise: First, wants take up a large amount of space. Second, if you haven't seen fit to either lock or do it, you probably don't care. Thirdly, many such wants have ephemeral conditions that quickly become unsatisfiable. In short, there are certainly many good reasons not to make them live forever, and relatively few reasons to change this.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 November 08, 08:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's certainly POSSIBLE to disable it, but I am not certain this is wise: First, wants take up a large amount of space.
As in, save game size? As far as I know, there's a cap of three non-promised wishes at a time, so this shouldn't be much of a problem for me if only the actives have the timeout disabled.

Second, if you haven't seen fit to either lock or do it, you probably don't care.
The wishes that I don't care about I instantly crush with a resounding right-click. I rather enjoy crushing my sims' dreams. Unfortunately, I'm just as quick to promise certain wishes that I know I'll complete eventually, but might take a while (Teach Toddler to X, Get on Honor Roll, etc.), and when you've got three things to teach a toddler (and sometimes a wish to See Toddler Grow Up Well), I've little room to save lesser wishes until I've completed those. When it comes to the lesser wishes, they often roll them when I'm in slavedriver mode and commanding to "do this, there, and quit complaining about it!" Or they decide they want to do these things at weird times, like when they're about to go to work/sleep, and so the unpromised wishes disappear by the time they're available again.

Thirdly, many such wants have ephemeral conditions that quickly become unsatisfiable. In short, there are certainly many good reasons not to make them live forever, and relatively few reasons to change this.
If I miss my chance to fulfill a wish, I crush it. My sims worship a vengeful god.

If the option was made configurable, then if somebody saw a wish they really wanted to fulfill, but already had four promised wishes that they also intended to fulfill, they could setconfig [nameofoption] true/on/whatever until they finished it.

This is all under the premise that there is actually a maximum number of unpromised wishes and that the disabling can be limited to the active family. And I apologize if I'm not making sense, because my proofreading skills are poor when I haven't slept.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 08, 08:55:21 by Neowulf » Logged

Flowing with the go.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 November 08, 21:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a mod for this at MTS, but I don't know if it is Pets compatible.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 November 08, 23:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Disable wild horses option. I like them in App Plains, but I don't want them running around my custom hoods.

I found one on MTS.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 09, 01:33:18 by Chinchillagrl » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2011 November 11, 07:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims need to realize that the auto-noms pet feeder from the last store update is a 'bowl' so they'll quit getting wishes to 'buy pet bowl'  when they already have that one.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 November 11, 08:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could CAF parents not get the "first kiss" moodlet/memory when they kiss the first time in a save? Sure, it's their first time during the save, but I'd imagine it's hard to have children (and in many cases, marry) without having kissed before. I suppose they could have some strange breeding arrangement with no romance, but it's highly unlikely.

Flowing with the go.
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 November 11, 11:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When sims eat their favourite food, they do this little silly clapping before they eat.  which is fine on it's own.  I've however begun to notice that if a sim is talking while eating, they'll chat, and then do their silly little clap dance before each bite in between conversations.

I'd love it if you could make them do their silly clapping thing ONCE only and then proceed to eat normally during dinner conversation.  (Sims chatting durring a meal is the main way I increase their relationship scores, and now that I have a live-in manslave (aka butler) who likes to cook favourite meals, this is getting annoying.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: