More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:27:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370808 times)
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #575 on: 2015 June 27, 18:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to request a feature that would cycle the sim through available outfits upon getting dressed.  What's the point in having three outfits for each subset if the game just dresses the sim in the same thing every day?

I realize this is a thing twallan's dresser does, but it comes bogged down with so many features that I don't want that I prefer not to use it.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2015 June 30, 16:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the function you request is already available elsewhere, Pes rarely adds it to AM unless he specifically likes or wants that functionality.  Unfortunately, a lot of Nrass mods, as do many others, come loaded with a shitload of options and features that people don't want.

If possible, I would like something that stops the paparazzi from actually entering a private lot unless invited.  I find having them hang around the front door, or gate, or walk around a houseboat uninvited to be a real pain.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2015 June 30, 23:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently you can pay to make paparazzi stay away, I read somewhere. Try the City Hall. I'm not sure if it's an Nraas feature or a game one, but I think game. It's fairly new. I haven't tried to find it myself yet, because I tried to eliminate paps and celebs. (Which didn't work, as long as one sim somewhere has any celebrity rating, the game creates the paps. Even with the celeb button unticked.)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2015 July 02, 22:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next time I am playing and I remember, I'll have a look and see what I can find.

upsidedowntubesteak
Asinine Airhead

Search is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2015 November 15, 05:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Origin has released an update for The Sims 3, which I have stupidly allowed on to my puter. Is there any hope of an awesome update for the borkedness or am I screwed because Origin?

My first impulse is to respond. I will try not to re-tard.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2015 November 15, 13:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You were screwed the moment you installed Origin itself.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: 2015 November 16, 06:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Origin has released an update for The Sims 3, which I have stupidly allowed on to my puter. Is there any hope of an awesome update for the borkedness or am I screwed because Origin?

What the actual fuck.  Why the hell are they releasing an update at this late date, and what makes them think anybody's going to want to register and sign up for Origin just so they can have the privilege of crippling their game to varying degrees?  Does this thing actually FIX anything?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
upsidedowntubesteak
Asinine Airhead

Search is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2015 November 16, 20:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it's Origin only, thankfully. As per usual, it's borked more than it's fixed and added 'features' no one asked for and modders have already supplied years ago.

My first impulse is to respond. I will try not to re-tard.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2015 November 26, 01:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is this patch and what does it say it did?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2015 November 26, 10:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be available via Origin only:
https://help.ea.com/en/article/new-launcher-for-the-sims-3/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2015 November 29, 08:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously, that is not going to happen. If somebody wants to actually touch gthing and can send me their bin\game\gameplay and scripts.package, I can do a quick scan of it to see how much damage there was.

And seriously, what the fuck were you thinking, installing an unapproved update into a modded game?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2016 January 07, 17:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what you mean by unapproved update. I've been happily playing TS3 and 2 evenings ago, opened Origin to check on the price of a game. I hadn't been there since before the 1.69 patch and, since EA's moved on from TS3, had no idea it even existed or any reason to check.  Origin did all of it's own little automatic updates , which I didn't question and obviously included the "downgraded" TS3 update, too. Again, I'd no idea there'd been a patch released on a game EA no longer supported or even cared about so I didn't take any precautions. That makes me reasonable, not stupid.

I've been told I can uninstall/reinstall just the base game (not the EPs/SPs) and then only update through 1.67 to get back to "normal". I'd then have to make certain Origin no longer updates automatically. If I do this, where can I get the 1.67 Awesome mod because I overwrote it without knowing how awful the 1.69 patch is! (BTW, I guess the latest little "fix" that was downloaded 2 days ago also makes the older 1.69 core mods borked - Nraas ErrorTrap isn't working, nor is AM.)

As for the Gameplay and scripts packages, I'd be happy to send you whatever you need. I purchased several of my EPs/SPs through Origin and, when I had to replace my harddrive this summer, I used Origin to install everything as it was just easier. That means my "bin" is in the Origin Games folder but I'd guess that wouldn't matter to you.

EDIT: My gameplay and script files are dated 12/15 so doubt they'll be of any help for the latest "fix". Also, I found a game save from last year with the AM mod dated 4/21/14. Looks like that might be the 1.67 fix so I can just pop it in my game if I go that route.
« Last Edit: 2016 January 07, 18:20:26 by columbia » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2016 January 08, 00:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been told I can uninstall/reinstall just the base game (not the EPs/SPs) and then only update through 1.67 to get back to "normal". I'd then have to make certain Origin no longer updates automatically. If I do this, where can I get the 1.67 Awesome mod because I overwrote it without knowing how awful the 1.69 patch is! (BTW, I guess the latest little "fix" that was downloaded 2 days ago also makes the older 1.69 core mods borked - Nraas ErrorTrap isn't working, nor is AM.)

I don't know, maybe as 1.69 is not supported here and probably never will be as it appears to only be available through Origin, and not a stand alone patch, maybe, and this is just a wild guess, the AM download link might just have the latest 1.67 AM?

columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2016 January 08, 02:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Merlin, but no. The AM mod I downloaded from here yesterday before finding out it doesn't work is actually dated 10/2/2015. (Guessing AM WAS updated for 1.69!) I checked the date before installing - not so stupid, you know.  I know this crowd must be sad not to have shown me up...Smiley Also, as I mentioned in my post, I have an old game save with a 2014 AM that is likely the 1.67.

I kept the thread open because of the "fix" a couple of days ago that messed things up again, just in case Pescado wants to take a look at it.

"Have fun storming the castle!"
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2016 January 08, 03:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're guessing incorrectly.

That error seems to indicate something is malformed in the household data, as the error occurs in an unmodified EAxian function. I have added a sanity check to that to see if that helps.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #590 on: 2016 January 08, 17:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Starler just sass the big fish?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2016 January 09, 18:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Because context.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2016 January 11, 21:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept the thread open because of the "fix" a couple of days ago that messed things up again, just in case Pescado wants to take a look at it.

Just as an FYI (and further proof that EA needs to leave things alone because when they start messing with it, it goes from bad to worse) but there is yet another update. I had removed the automatic update option after the 1.69.42 update so got the notification today prior to playing and didn't install, and even though AM doesn't work with this version, I thought I'd pass along the info in case anyone was interested in updating AM.

Info:  http://simsvip.com/2016/01/11/the-sims-3-game-update-1-69-43-january-11th-2016/
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: 2016 January 11, 23:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: with these latest two updates, IS AM actually breaking? Mine seems to be working, apart from the warning when game loads?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2016 January 12, 17:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can only hope it breaks your computer and sets your house on fire.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2016 January 12, 21:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: with these latest two updates, IS AM actually breaking? Mine seems to be working, apart from the warning when game loads?

That would be good to know definitively. I know that in the past, whenever there was a patch, AM would work for a short time before it would quit completely. If it still works, I guess we'll have to wait and see if we only get a grace period or if it is all still good.  I got the warning and just "Quit" as I don't know if it would bork the save or not. Didn't think to play on through. Might have to save my game file yet again and see what happens. And wouldn't wish anyone's house would be set on fire-that's just silly! And it doesn't help anyone at all with the question as to whether or not AM will work with this patch.

BTW, I went into my game today and I'm at 1.69.43 (was 1.69.42), even though I selected the option to not install the update and play anyway. Apparently I have no control whatsoever. Oh well, no surprise there....  Smiley
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: 2016 January 12, 22:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Columbia.

I suppose what I really need to know is HOW CAN I TELL if it's working?

ETA OK I can do Showconfig. That works.

From reading around it looks as if the main purpose of the "patches" is to 1) lock us into Origin for starting the game, and 2) to lock us into Origin for buying store points - naturally more expensively than the points available from the Store. Since I never buy Store points, it looked fairly safe.

Mine did update, and yes, willy-nilly, like yours Columbia. I made the decision to carry on playing with this save and hope it's okay.
It isn't quitting out - but, really, is there no way to tell?
Game crashes frequently but then my game does anyhow. I DO play with CC, but even playing without ANY CC including AM it still crashes, so I'm none the wiser.

Oh and Jezzer, go jump in a pond.

« Last Edit: 2016 January 13, 01:12:11 by Sita » Logged

Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2016 January 13, 03:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently I have no control whatsoever. Oh well, no surprise there....  Smiley

You're using Origin, which voids your warranty. No one is going to feel sorry for you.

On a side note, I had one of those moments where something that was painfully obvious finally dawned on me; of COURSE Titlights uses Origin. Installing it is the stupidest thing anyone can do with their gaming computer.

ETA: Okay, may it's not the number one, all-time stupidest thing, but it's certainly top five.
« Last Edit: 2016 January 13, 03:32:19 by Starler » Logged

columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2016 January 13, 06:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Columbia.

I suppose what I really need to know is HOW CAN I TELL if it's working?

ETA OK I can do Showconfig. That works.

From reading around it looks as if the main purpose of the "patches" is to 1) lock us into Origin for starting the game, and 2) to lock us into Origin for buying store points - naturally more expensively than the points available from the Store. Since I never buy Store points, it looked fairly safe.

Mine did update, and yes, willy-nilly, like yours Columbia. I made the decision to carry on playing with this save and hope it's okay.
It isn't quitting out - but, really, is there no way to tell?
Game crashes frequently but then my game does anyhow. I DO play with CC, but even playing without ANY CC including AM it still crashes, so I'm none the wiser.

Oh and Jezzer, go jump in a pond.

I know...sometimes it cracks me up that more time is spent with snide remarks, including Starler apparently, than it would take to merely answer a legitimate question!

As for AM, I know that one of the functions it provides is to automatically turn on Testing Cheats. I don't remember if it did "BuyDeBug" but Nraas has a mod that turns it on. Right now (without AM) I have to enable Testing Cheats. I guess if you can put AM in the game and click on the mailbox and have those options come up, AM should be working. Again, my question was whether this was like before when there was a grace period after a patch before AM would no longer run. The answer to that would be a more appropriate use of a reply.

As for Starler, I've no idea what in the world you are going on about. It certainly didn't have anything to do with the question we had but merely seemed a soapbox opportunity. Warranty? What? I bought most of my games from Origin so I've no idea what that is all about. Calling people stupid is rude and pointless, especially when it is nothing more than your opinion. And, with you being so smart, what is the answer to the actualy question?

Sita, if you are having problems with your game (other than the AM update), you need to post elsewhere, like EAs forum. There is obviously something going on with your game/PC and maybe those people over there would be happy and willing to help you out!
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #599 on: 2016 January 13, 12:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently I have no control whatsoever. Oh well, no surprise there....  Smiley

You're using Origin, which voids your warranty. No one is going to feel sorry for you.

Since when does Origin void the warranty? Warranty on WHAT exactly? Starler talking rubbidge as usual. Sounds like that virus that was going to - lessee - sour your milk, make your BF go off with the milkman, and cause an avalanche in Hawaii?

Columbia, I think you'll find the EA Sims 3 forums are closed for posting. They're only interested in Sims 4 now. Never found much help there, apart from Writin' Reg, who was a hero.

Oh and this

I know...sometimes it cracks me up that more time is spent with snide remarks, including Starler apparently, than it would take to merely answer a legitimate question!

D'oh. This IS MATY! That's why we come here. Most of the time it's very amusing. But Starler's not very good at it.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: