More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:41:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 373496 times)
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #100 on: 2012 February 05, 20:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for there to be a new Supreme Commander option that would make your sim randomly visit public lots during the day and bars/clubs at night after paying attention to base needs? I want to be able to leave my sim alone for a while but not have him sit in the house or work all day while the rest of the world ceases to exist for him.

Also could there be an option to disable hang out/chat phone calls? That way I could completely leave my sims alone for a horrible amount of time and come back to see how much of the house they burned down without phone calls pausing the game on me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2012 February 07, 01:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the option you're looking for is "Silence Phone", which is part of the default game. As for clubs, it wouldn't work well. Your sim would rapidly depart in favor of places with more favorable motive gain. Club objects all tend to have very poor motive satisfaction so that sims don't become rapidly satiated and wander off when left on their own. Supreme Commander, which is all about efficiency, would quickly lose interest in such a place as the computer is unable to be amused by watching sims dance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2012 February 07, 15:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for pointing out my stupid about the phone thing, I always thought silence phone just got rid of the ringtone.

...Are you saying my computer doesn't agree with me when I cackle and say "DANCE PUPPETS DANCE!"? I'm crushed. Truly crushed.

Thanks for the response though, I really enjoy AwesomeMod, though I always miss that other story progression mod that came out shorty after TS3 but quickly stopped getting updated. I think it was called indie story progression or something. Ramble.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012 February 07, 15:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular mod was ultimately superceded by Twallanian Story. Twallanian story offers a prettier and more tightly controlled narrative, but is much more railroaded than AwesomeMod's implementation. It will do a better job at keeping your neighborhood "stable", but isn't deliberately causing a death spiral part of the fun?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2012 February 07, 17:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it wasn't so much the Story Progression of the mod that I missed as all the notifications you could get if you wanted.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012 February 08, 00:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice to have an opt in for birth/marriage announcements at least. My sims don't always have time to read the paper.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012 February 08, 13:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my butler eats the paper. My sims never even get a chance to read it.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2012 February 20, 19:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I'm missing something, I've only been able to take one pet at a time to community lots.  Would it be possible to tweak AM, to allow taking more pets?

ETA:  I've also had issues with Sims horseback riding together.  The only way it works is having each Sim mount a horse, then making each one ride to the same destination separately.  If I use the Group interaction first, one Sim always dismounts his horse and insists on walking (or driving; I don't know for sure, as I always cancel the action) to the same destination.  Could this borkination be fixed as well? 
« Last Edit: 2012 February 21, 07:54:08 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012 February 20, 20:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The person above me mentioned something about pets and community lots, which reminds me of this very retarded thing sims do. Ergo:
1. I send a sim to walk somewhere with her dog.
2. I realize that it's really late/sim is about to starve, pass out, or piss themselves/something's on fire/whatever
3. I click the Go Home button, and a taxi materializes.
4. The sim gets in the taxi and leaves her poor dog to spend half the night walking home.
Is there any way to configure the taxi so that when the sim gets in there, they take their pets with them? Because this is really, really, annoying.

INF/TP
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012 February 23, 08:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally figured out how to take more than one pet to community lots (just hold down the CTRL key and select which pets you want to take).  But as nikkiforest stated, getting them home is another matter -- not to mention a complete pain in the ass.  So far, my Sim can only take her pets to one community lot per trip.  When she took her cat to the park only, the cat rode home with her in the car.  If she went to the park and then to the book store, too, the cat got left behind when she drove home.  Can that be fixed somehow?

I still can't get a group of people to go horseback riding together.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2012 March 05, 18:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can something be done about the digital picture frames resetting themselves whenever a save game is loaded? It's done it ever since they were introduced as far as I am aware.

Get a Sim to take a few photos and then stick them in one of the AMB digital photo frames. They display fine. Set it to one you like and then save and quit the game. Load up the game to continue play only to find the picture frame has reverted to displaying the default empty image. The pictures are still in there though.
Can this behaviour be squashed so that the chosen image remains on display?
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012 March 05, 21:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to implement a way to split group meals into individual portions with the hand of god?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2012 March 06, 07:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly can't say I care that much about the subject since I don't zoom in that close. But I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever in that section of code, if someone reminds me, because I'm OLD and I HAVE A LONG BEARD.

Is it possible to implement a way to split group meals into individual portions with the hand of god?
This already happens. Food left lying around automatically is stowed in the fridge, and when sims retrieve it, it is automatically separated into individual portions.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012 March 06, 11:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly can't say I care that much about the subject since I don't zoom in that close. But I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever in that section of code, if someone reminds me, because I'm OLD and I HAVE A LONG BEARD.

You don't have to zoom in close if you're using one of the massive wall hanging frames. I would happily keep reminding you but then I don't want to come off as a speshul snowflaek tard. What are the chances that you will be in that section of code anyway?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2012 March 06, 14:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly? Probably not very likely. It's probably something you're best bringing up occasionally in grah.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012 March 06, 16:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted. Never been to #grah before but I just found my way there.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2012 March 06, 23:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been annoyed lately about calls my sims get late at night, when parties end.  It's the "We missed you at the party, blah blah blah" phone call.  It's annoying to get the call when I've already clicked "no thanks" on the party invitation dialogue box.  It's especially annoying for sims that require lots of friends for their careers, as they get invited to more parties - one every day or two, in some cases.  I don't want to silence the sims' phones, because sometimes there are useful opportunities, etc. that come up over the phone.

Would it be within the domain of Awesomemod to stop the redundant phone calls? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012 March 07, 00:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silencing the phone does not stop calls for quests, the quests just pop up instead.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012 March 07, 01:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silencing the phone does not stop calls for quests, the quests just pop up instead.

Yeah.  Angry

I don't want to turn opportunities off altogether because sometimes there is the odd one that fits with my game plan.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012 March 10, 20:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned this in the Showtime thread; but I'm wondering if it's the 1.32 patch that's the problem, as the purpose of it is to keep CC out of our games via Simport.  My Sim had a Store hairstyle for Swimwear; now it's completely inaccessible, at least for her.  If I go into CAS, to create a new household, the hairstyle is still there.  

Is it something you would fix, Pes?

And I just have to bug you about the horseback riding, and taking pets to community lots, issues again.  Would you fix those, too?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 10, 20:55:04 by Capitaine Marie » Logged

AnimaSeverem
Asinine Airhead

Failing at life since 1988.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012 March 11, 20:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe some way to get rid of the "Login" button on the main menu in 1.31 and later? I wasn't too worried about these features when I first heard about them. I just figure it's one of the things AM would take care of eventually.

And that warning about third-party mods before the game starts loading. Also 1.31.

And is there some way to stop sims from autonomously going home? I'm playing a hobo and she keeps trying to go back to her home lot every night.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012 March 11, 21:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a wacky idea:  don't click the button.  Also, the warning about mods should be stifled if you remove out-of-date mods.  This is updating 101.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012 March 14, 14:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to have the ability to turn off the 'go to some other person's town' opportunities and wants?
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012 March 14, 20:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add a "custom clothing filter as default" feature for CAS? The same way that you made the "custom sim filter as default" for the sim bin. I rarely use EA's fugly clothes, shoes, and accessories (especially for A/YA female sims) and I hate waiting a thousand years for all the clutter of useless crap clothes to load before I can hit the "show custom content only" button. ...But I don't want them to disappear completely with a "hide all" cheat, because sometimes I do use them, mostly for males.

Hopefully it's not too much to ask. I don't want to (theoretically) get my ass chewed off.
Violetta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012 March 16, 01:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you add a "custom clothing filter as default" feature for CAS? The same way that you made the "custom sim filter as default" for the sim bin.
I would like to request this as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: