More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:52:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Stopping Non-Active Sims from levelling up in careers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stopping Non-Active Sims from levelling up in careers?  (Read 8858 times)
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stopping Non-Active Sims from levelling up in careers?
« on: 2011 November 03, 17:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very sorry if this has already been discussed, either for AwesomeMod or as a mod/hack in general.

One of the things that constantly pisses me off is the fact that my non-active families still gain work performance/skills, etc. and progress through the levels within jobs without my permission. Nothing aggravates me worse when I have a sim, for example, at level one of the music career, only to return to them later and they're on level 3 or higher!

Is there a way to stop the non-active, yet sacred, sims from progressing in their jobs?
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Stopping Non-Active Sims from levelling up in careers?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 November 03, 17:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you even READ the config?

Look for AllowInactivePerfGain and InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred.

Flowing with the go.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 November 03, 20:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Awesomemod manual is named "RTFM " for a reason, i.e., Read The Fucking Manual.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 November 03, 22:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I did use the config and read all of the descriptions. I've got AllowInactivePerfGain set to Disabled and InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred set to Enabled. But, I've also reversed the options, changed them, enabled both, disabled both with numerous play sessions, but they still gain work performance and therefore still level up in their jobs.

Unless I'm setting these config options wrong or something, it's not making a difference. I'm using the AM Story Progression as well, as opposed to the crappy EA version.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 November 03, 22:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't blame AM for your bad logic. Pay attention to what the settings mean and figure out the correct combination for what you want. Your current combo inhibits performance gain for all inactives except those tagged as sacred. Is this what you want? I suspect you want the opposite.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 November 03, 23:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect you want the opposite.
Is there a way to stop the non-active, yet sacred, sims from progressing in their jobs?
Actually, I think that's exactly what (s)he wants.

Did you put the config in your packages folder? Did you delete your cache? Did you check showconfig to see the config is actual set properly in-game?

Flowing with the go.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 November 03, 23:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect you want the opposite.
Actually, I think that's exactly what (s)he wants.

Did you put the config in your packages folder? Did you delete your cache? Did you check showconfig to see the config is actual set properly in-game?

WRONG.

Currently the OP has the following settings:

1. AllowInactivePerfGain set to Disabled -- which means performance gain for inactives is OFF; and
2. InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred set to Enabled -- which INVERTS the above rule for sacreds, meaning that performance gain for sacreds on ON.

In other words, this combo achieves the opposite of this: "Is there a way to stop the non-active, yet sacred, sims from progressing in their jobs?"

Honestly, this is simple fucking logic.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 November 04, 01:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WRONG.

Currently the OP has the following settings:

1. AllowInactivePerfGain set to Disabled -- which means performance gain for inactives is OFF; and
2. InvertPerfGainRuleForSacred set to Enabled -- which INVERTS the above rule for sacreds, meaning that performance gain for sacreds on ON.

In other words, this combo achieves the opposite of this: "Is there a way to stop the non-active, yet sacred, sims from progressing in their jobs?"

Honestly, this is simple fucking logic.

To be honest, I paid no attention whatsoever to what the config was set to, but what the OP WANTS is clearly stated. I don't take blame for its inability to see it's doing it backwards.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 04, 01:51:50 by Neowulf » Logged

Flowing with the go.
wowzeroonie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 November 04, 04:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear that I've tried testing with with both options Enabled, but I'll play-test it again like that just to be sure.

And, yes, I fully expected to be flamed off of the face of the Earth; I know how most people on this site are. I'll admit, I'm still somewhat of a n00b when it comes to the AwesomeMod, but learning is part of the process after all.

I'm a 31 year old, so I can take "attacks" with the best of them. A lesser person (of age and/or mental capabilities) would run cowering for safety.

Edit: I've tested it again with both options enabled. It worked fine in a new Hidden Springs game, but NOT in my Sunset Valley save game. I created a new save using "Save As" and it seems to have fixed the issue. The only thing I can think is that something corrupted my original save.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 04, 05:43:20 by wowzeroonie » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 November 04, 05:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As per basic boolean logic, enabling both options will mean that sacred sims will not gain work performance unless you are playing them, but the random schlubs in the neighborhood still advance so that the neighborhood isn't permanently level 1.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: