More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:21:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The infinite grounding loop, RE: Generations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The infinite grounding loop, RE: Generations  (Read 18547 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The infinite grounding loop, RE: Generations
« Reply #25 on: 2011 November 01, 05:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You couldn't confine them to a shed out in the back for that purpose instead?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 November 01, 05:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought confining to their room pretty much did that, at least with confinement to the house you can force needed household upkeep on them.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 November 01, 06:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish someone would confine me to my room. I never get enough computer playtime.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 November 01, 20:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to report it's most certainly a EA issue. Using the same family, no AM, only CC is Twallans No-cd, my teen autonomously attempts to walk out the house to get on the bus and he's autonomously denied by his parent due to the grounding. I assume he wasn't denied on his way to school the first few times because he was not in the same room as the parent when he headed for the bus, this time he is. Pressing the "go to school" button and re triggering the "get on bus" action brings it back up in the queue only for it to immediately be dropped. It should probably be mentioned that the grounding is not a confinement to the house, but one to the lot, he can go out and swing on the swings in the yard just fine so far.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 November 02, 08:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that you are using KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 November 02, 19:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That house is all EA made, I just dropped in a dress up chest and a tree house to fulfill some wants while I was waiting for the scenario to play itself out. Not one of my houses. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 November 03, 08:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't quite imagine how confinement to a "house" would work, anyway, since sims are not guaranteed to live in houses, as the most common startup build is "furniture on a lawn".

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 November 03, 19:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grounding is confinement to the lot. The adult only has a shit fit when the teen tries to go to a location off lot, like the school bus sitting on the road. He can go out and swing on the swings in the yard, get the mail, sit on the lawn without issue, at least so far. So, you could confine the teen to a underground bunker, garage, tool shed, or even a tree house on lot for story telling purposes if the mood so took you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 November 04, 04:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was my point, yes. You're still not sending me a save to analyze this in, though.

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 November 05, 20:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One solution I've found to somewhat fix this is modify the Punishment XML file by adding this in the code:

Code:
<AbsolvingAction>
  <AbsolvingActionType>GoToSchoolInRabbitHole</AbsolvingActionType>
  <TroublePointsRemoved>20</TroublePointsRemoved>
 </AbsolvingAction>

The only drawback is Sims won't be able to go to school by bus, you will have to direct them to go to school either by clicking on the rabbithole (they will go by cab) or a vehicle that they can use. At least the Sim in question won't be scolded for going to school.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 05, 20:15:01 by fway » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 November 06, 03:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first save had it I swear. It's the same save I used to take the picture up thread.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 November 06, 05:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not having actually looked at the file you attached, I think 0k and has nothing means the save you included was empty for some reason, not that it was OK and had nothing wrong with it.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 November 07, 17:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not having actually looked at the file you attached, I think 0k and has nothing means the save you included was empty for some reason, not that it was OK and had nothing wrong with it.

Jesus Christ was that it? My eye sight is shit. Well, I haven't been near m gaming computer for days so I wouldn't have been able to reup anyway. It rared up fine. Perhaps goombas ate it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TU81VDI

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 November 08, 16:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newest AwesomeMod now fixes this problem. Issue closed.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: