More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:41:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  my game crashes in live mode with AwesomeMod installed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: my game crashes in live mode with AwesomeMod installed  (Read 7814 times)
sunkitten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
my game crashes in live mode with AwesomeMod installed
« on: 2011 October 25, 06:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll say it first so you don't have to: I'm a n00b. I'd been playing the base game only, no expansions, until a month ago when there was an AM update requiring I patch my game to be able to use the new version. So I chose to finally install all the expansions up to Generations, no stuff packs, and eventually got it working with AwesomeMod -- until the latest patch/Pets, which borked my CC. I decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall, and have run my downloaded CC through the tool TSR put out. I also have patched my game up to date using the patch installer from MTS.

So having to use the framework is new to me as well since I had only played the base game. I followed what instructions I could find, here and on the Sims Wiki, to install the framework, but obviously it is not installed correctly because if I put the newest AwesomeMod into Mods\Packages the game crashes as soon as I go into live mode. The game functions without it, but I am not willing to play without AM at all.

The game and expansions are installed under G:\Program Files but the CC is under C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages with the sims3packs in the Downloads subfolder, as they should be.

I have a few questions:

1. From what I've read in the posts here the framework is supposed to be installed in C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages with the Resource.cfg file in the Mods folder. But I've also seen instructions here that state the framework is additionally supposed to be installed in the Program Files directories (base game, and one in each expansion's folder as well). Is the Resource.cfg also supposed to be in each directory under Mods? I can't seem to find anything that addresses this. And the Program Files directories don't have a Packages subfolder after installing the framework-- only the one in My Documents has that.

2. There seem to be multiple Resource.cfg files, of different sizes, depending on where they are downloaded from, and I am not sure which one is the appropriate one to use with my particular setup.

Please, I'd really appreciate some help in getting AM working with my game again; it's not much fun playing without it. And thank you. Smiley
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: my game crashes in live mode with AwesomeMod installed
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 25, 12:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww, that's really bad. But here, have a look at this page, it will help.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?action=search;advanced
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 25, 12:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google, google, and like I said GOOGLE! Do you think maybe at one fucking point we had to figure the shit out for ourselves?! Bricks. Search for something like framework setup.

meh.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 25, 15:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. There's a thread called 'awesomemod bug report thread' for this crap.
2. Make sure you have the latest version of AM from here http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/
3. meh
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 25, 20:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bug Report thread is for reporting actual bugs, not to whine about how you can't understand the installation process.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 26, 01:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bug Report thread is for reporting actual bugs, not to whine about how you can't understand the installation process.

Fair point. But when I fucked up my framework first time I installed mods it didn't even recognize anything. Is it possible to bork the installation of the framework to crash the game?
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 26, 04:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fairly sure it can screw something up, as it seems very important that we place it correctly.

http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/Resource.cfg_eng

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files

meh.
sunkitten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 October 29, 00:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the version of AM I was using. I had previously downloaded the one from the main AM thread so downloaded and tried the beta instead. Now my game at least works (although now there are *different* problems, although I don't know whether they're related to the latest patch, AM, or both).

Thanks for your suggestions.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: