More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:43:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Odd Sims 3 sound issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd Sims 3 sound issue  (Read 14099 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Odd Sims 3 sound issue
« on: 2011 October 24, 23:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one weird issue. Randomly the sound in the game cuts out, for an extended period. I hear ambient noise, but nothing else. Sometimes the sound speeds up INSANELY and does a whole bunch of sounds at once, and then the clicks for the mouse come up, but the actual game sound don't appear anymore.

It only appears to happen if I use speed 3.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
Re: Odd Sims 3 sound issue
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 25, 01:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced this before, but only in a particular save. I assume it is due to neighborhood corruption.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 25, 02:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time to nuke the site from orbit!
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 25, 03:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the problem people have with bikes.  There's a link around here to a file that kills bike sounds that has pretty much erased the issue for me.  Try that before the orbital strike.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 25, 03:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've had this on a fairly regular basis. I recall that it was also suggested that it had something to do with the ambient noises generated by some of the Late Night buildings. I never did find out for sure what caused it. If you search, several suggestions are made, and I tried a few, but I still had it occasionally.
* jfade shrugs

I just ignore it when it happens when I play, which isn't very often anymore. I'm hoping Pets will get me interested again, but I'm holding out to see if the issues with CC are fixed before I install it.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 25, 04:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I launched an orbital strike anyways. Silly hood got populated by vampires without there being an original. Forgot to turn on AwesomeMod story progression.
molave
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 25, 05:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears that it happens when you set the Audio Quality to High. Set it to Low. Even then the sounds would go kaput very rarely. If that happens, just pause and shortly after your sounds will be restored.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 October 25, 21:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just keep TS3 on mute.  Gets rid of those pesky sound problems just like that.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 October 26, 03:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do think the issue has to do with bike ownership. Even if your active family does not have a bike/motorcycle/stroller, if anyone in the neighborhood has one the sound gets messed up like that.

At least, the neighborhood I made has no bikes etc. in it and I have not seen this problem again. But if I play one of the pre-made expansion 'hoods, then the problem arises. It started when I saw my Sims using their bikes, but then after a while I stopped seeing the bike in it's "spot" and it wasn't in the Sims' inventory. The bike becomes invisible, but parked. Sometimes during re-load, I see the bike again. Deleting the bike, and the bike station alleviates the problem.

I say stroller because it's in that group of objects. It's a bug within the game, not necessarily your computer. Though checking if your drivers are updated can't hurt either.

Just a word on my observations. I thought Awesomemod had a fix for it but maybe the new expansion/patch borked it again.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 October 26, 12:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children use bikes to get around even if they don't actually own one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 October 26, 15:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed this before ages ago, but can't remember how. I searched for ages trying to find it again but I can't >.<
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 October 28, 02:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, try a tool to silence bicycle sounds discussed here. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/409340.page
Costass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 November 08, 23:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. Sad The problem only exist in Twinbrook town. I don't have this problem in Bridgeport. My sound just go away and mute all other sound, not even sound click is heard anymore. when I try to save & quit game, it gives me a black screen and this is it. Then I use task meager to quit. It's so frustrating Sad I google it a lot , and can't find proper solution please help!?  Undecided
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 November 09, 01:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. Sad The problem only exist in Twinbrook town. I don't have this problem in Bridgeport. My sound just go away and mute all other sound, not even sound click is heard anymore. when I try to save & quit game, it gives me a black screen and this is it. Then I use task meager to quit. It's so frustrating Sad I google it a lot , and can't find proper solution please help!?  Undecided

Did you actually read the thread you posted in?

Flowing with the go.
Costass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 November 09, 11:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I read it. The link above help. Sorry for the double post.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: