More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:43:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  I made a mistake and now AM is borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I made a mistake and now AM is borked  (Read 6907 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
I made a mistake and now AM is borked
« on: 2011 October 23, 02:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have fixed everything but AM.  I keep getting the message that I have installed an unofficial game addition that does not match my current game installation but AM is up to date with what I have as far as I know yet it does not work.  I have carefully taken ALL my cc out and have eliminated all problem files one by one (took me all day).  I have all EP's but Gen and Pets, and all SP's so far.  I am fully patched.  I have tried using the new AM for pets and get the same result.  What can I do?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: I made a mistake and now AM is borked
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 23, 02:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you manually patch or use the launcher to patch? Sounds like patch fail to me.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 23, 02:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

used the launcher, I loaded Town Life after I loaded the base game to save on having to download all the patches one after another, perhaps I should not have done that.  But it claims to be patched fully to 9.0.73 on the launcher.  I had to reload all my Sims games today.  I can do it all again I guess to get AM to work, it's that important to me.

Edit: I reloaded everything for a second time, launched and got the same result.  Going to remove ALL mods but AM and try this again, think I did this first.  If same gonna unload and try what you suggest next.
Edit2: As I thought, no change.  I will try a manual patch job and see what happens.  I did not allow the game to patch after Town Life this time however.  I was getting messages that my base game was more advanced than Outdoor Life and town Life?Huh When I loaded them?  That seemed not right.
Edit3: ok, for the third time I am going to unload all my game and reload it, this time doing a manual patch.  Hopefully this time it will work right and I will be able to use AM.  If not I am at a loss as to what is wrong.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 24, 15:20:09 by CLmeow » Logged

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 23, 03:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try patching with the Patch Downloader over at MTS.

Flowing with the go.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 24, 20:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the patch downloader, used it, did not touch the launch pad once.  I reloaded my game for the third time.  I loaded all 8 of the EPs and Sps I have (Don't have Gen or Pets) and using the Patch Downloader, I manually patched each one.  Took me three hours to patch the Sims base game kept getting an error message, but finally got it ok.  Everything is loaded and patched.  Ran the game vanilla, no mods at all.  I had unloaded and told it to remove EVERYTHING (yes I have a backup on a flash drive), so there was nothing left.  Ran fine.  Loaded my mods.  Got the same message as before.  I had not gotten this before though, I am confused.  I was running this with the same set up, same everything, and AM worked just fine.  I CAN'T run my game without AM.  It won't run it with the newest one either.  I am at a loss.  Are there any other suggestions?

Edit: I opened up the Launchpad to reload Riverview, Barnacle Bay, and Hidden Springs and found that I couldn't do that either with AM installed.  Interresting.  I had to remove it to install those.  What on earth is causing this conflict.  If it's not a patch problem could it be another problem?  I removed all other CC and tried it with just AM alone and still had the same result.  What else could it be?
« Last Edit: 2011 October 24, 20:48:57 by CLmeow » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 24, 20:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so there was nothing left.  Ran fine.  Loaded my mods.  Got the same message as before...

If it gets borked when you put your mods back in, what does this tell you?

I had unloaded and told it to remove EVERYTHING (yes I have a backup on a flash drive), so there was nothing left.

Not always true.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 24, 20:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so there was nothing left.  Ran fine.  Loaded my mods.  Got the same message as before...

If it gets borked when you put your mods back in, what does this tell you?

I had unloaded and told it to remove EVERYTHING (yes I have a backup on a flash drive), so there was nothing left.

Not always true.

If not always true, then what did I miss?

I found the problem and removed it.  Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 25, 07:41:42 by CLmeow » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: