More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:02:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111530 times)
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #75 on: 2011 October 29, 19:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further adventures in freaky pet modeling. This is the origami pet problem:

...that's a cat.

As I mentioned before, it looks pretty clearly like the pet model is being distorted into a human model shape. When I've had this happen, it only lasts for a few seconds, generally when switching between a sim and a pet. Nonetheless, it looks pretty disturbing.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011 October 30, 00:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like one of those coffee-drinking worm aliens out of Men in Black. Ah, nostalgia.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 October 30, 02:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the "IT'S SLOWLY COMING THIS WAY" meme.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
redwards
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 October 30, 21:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't fish using the "choose bait" option. I can fish, but any time I try to choose bait to fish, the action immediately drops from queue.

Twallan's Overwatch has a "Fish With Bait" fix in it.  It may or may not be for the particular issue you are experiencing.  I think Overwatch is work installing either way.  If it fixes your particular issue, great.  If not, it still fixes or prevents many other issues.

After having the same Fish with Bait issue, I checked this out. It looks like he may also have addressed some of the other Pets problems:

"Fix for instantiation of animals, which were improperly being created by my mods using Human rigs"
-- Guessing this is the origami pet/alien cat Problem

"Moved the "Pet Fatigue" correction to earlier in the load-up process, in order to get ahead of any sims trying to use it before it is fixed"
-- Guessing this is the problem some of us have noticed with destruction/scratch bars suddenly going to zero.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2011 October 31, 00:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims cannot join protests at city hall in Appaloosa Plains. Attempts to do so result in route failure bubbles.

ETA: Also experiencing spontaneous corruptions. Sometimes this happens even if I just open a world, and create a save of it. This just happened with a user-made world I was editing. This never happened before the pets patch (and that user-world is more stable than the new world is).
« Last Edit: 2011 October 31, 00:56:00 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011 October 31, 10:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favourite so far is this:

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 October 31, 11:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. This wasn't really Pets-related, but once Sim-Brynne peed on the CAS Room Floor. I didn't think to take a screenshot at the time, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011 October 31, 11:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would've made and excellent anti-promotional video.

Sims! Now with levitation and extra pee!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011 October 31, 11:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you'd want to combine upside-down levitation AND pee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nosoupforyou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011 October 31, 11:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to mention he was spinning at the time. Stick him in the game, they'd be doing that annoying play with sprinkler action.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 October 31, 14:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lost my spiral staircases after installing pets. Not sure why, but they do not show up in the catalog. Still trying to puzzle out the cause of this, and hoping I can find a way to get them back. Nothing else seems to have been affected, and shows up just fine.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2011 October 31, 16:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once a burglar stole a spiral staircase, and then after losing to the burglar, calling the cops, having the burglar arrested, and the staircase restored to the family inventory, my sim then walked up an invisible spiral stair, and through the ceiling.

Even though this was pre-pets, I'm pretty sure there's just issues with those stairs in general.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 November 01, 20:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rechecked the "small dog can't drink from toilet" issue and it still happens with different families(no CC other then a no-cd). It makes sense that the small dog couldn't reach to drink from the toilet, except they throw up the want to do so and it is unfulfillable.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 November 01, 20:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rechecked the "small dog can't drink from toilet" issue and it still happens with different families(no CC other then a no-cd). It makes sense that the small dog couldn't reach to drink from the toilet, except they throw up the want to do so and it is unfulfillable.
Does your dog have the Neat trait? While I haven't actually tried to get my neat pets to drink from the toilet, it seems counter-productive to their personalities. Try again with a small dog with the Piggy trait.

Flowing with the go.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 November 01, 22:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your dog have the Neat trait? While I haven't actually tried to get my neat pets to drink from the toilet, it seems counter-productive to their personalities. Try again with a small dog with the Piggy trait.

This second dog was a adopted dog with nothing but the playful trait. Added two more dogs to the household, one large with piggy trait, one small with same. Large dog can drink from toilet, small dog can not. I have seen the small dogs roll the "drink from toilet" want and I was unable to fulfill that. I had originally thought that it might be an issue with an EA made creature(as is common), this is not the case anymore obviously.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 November 02, 19:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a sim roll a want to "play with" the wall cat toy. It had an image of her cat's face on it and said "Your pet wants to blah blah".

That is unfulfillable, but only once the cat is an adult, they stand there while the cat plays with the wall toy, I think they might even flick it.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2011 November 05, 13:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've only noticed 3 weird issues.

Fridge animations aren't working. Sure, they get food out, but from a closed fridge. Only a slight annoyance.

Auto pause enables itself when I use speed 4 and the action completes.

And... sims don't ride their bikes. Oh, they ride their bikes, they just don't RIDE their bikes.

The only mod I have is awesome. And the only CC stuff I have is store crap. So who knows? Tongue
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011 November 05, 14:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to use the RIG fix on ARRd store stuff before sims can interact with it properly.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2011 November 05, 14:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just noticed that thread. Running my stuff through it now. Still doesn't explain the auto pause.
katatonic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 November 05, 15:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Auto pause after completion of speed 4 activity is an awesomemod feature which can be changed in the config.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 November 07, 17:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Auto pause after completion of speed 4 activity is an awesomemod feature which can be changed in the config.

Actually Pets does this without mods installed.

- ElenaRoan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011 November 08, 01:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't. Because that's specifically an AwesomeMod feature I added to make speed4 actually useful. I may also add a thing to make it run to the end of the queue instead of every interaction.

What's really borked? The neighborhood pet adoption event. It will fill your neighborhood with dead pets if you don't take them all. Every time you play without AwesomeMod, EAxis kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 November 08, 01:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't. Because that's specifically an AwesomeMod feature I added to make speed4 actually useful. I may also add a thing to make it run to the end of the queue instead of every interaction.

What's really borked? The neighborhood pet adoption event. It will fill your neighborhood with dead pets if you don't take them all. Every time you play without AwesomeMod, EAxis kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #98 on: 2011 November 08, 02:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does that have to do with the Store?

A witch moved it, so this no longer makes sense.  Nothing to see, move it along, etc.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 08, 15:16:04 by jeromycraig » Logged

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2011 November 08, 15:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim can no longer learn songs. She can buy guitar songs from bookstore but not learn them. She does not know any songs apart from "where is my  mummy" which is not a guitar song.

This was working before Pets. I have AM and bugger all else installed.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: