More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:10:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111415 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #25 on: 2011 October 22, 07:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First job my new stylist got in Appaloosa Plains was to give a foal a makeover. Apparently, this baby horse was having a competition at work to see who had the coolest facial hair. I reloaded, and this time the job was to give a wild horse multiple everyday looks.
Fixed in latest AwesomeMod: Animals are no longer valid targets for stylist makeovers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 October 22, 07:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pet eyes are borked, whenever a pet moves at a certain angle this happens:

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 October 22, 08:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that the ice cream truck gets stuck on my lot often and it's unselectable. Nuke it?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 October 22, 09:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm unusual, just started getting the issue with stairs, but had no issue with them when I first loaded the game up, now all of sudden about 10mins into playing I do again. This occurred after my dog used the stairs, they are now unusable by my sim.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
E-double
Asinine Airhead

Aye!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 October 22, 19:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cats & dogs don't look like they did in the demo. They don't have any details or fluff to their coats.

I think you need to turn on advanced rendering or something in the options menu. If that doesn't work then update your videocard drivers if that doesn't work plant a bomb at EA headquarters.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5700 series 1 gb. The drivers have been updated to the latest, all in-game graphic options are to the max and advance rendering is on and I still have no fluffy fur in the game. The funny thing is that the cats & dogs have fluffy fur in the demo that's installed on the same computer.

Weird...

There seems to be reports that this is happening with some ATI cards.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2011 October 22, 21:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprisingly, I haven't had any major issues. Not sure if this is just me or if it's supposed to be like this, but my human sims don't get any wishes relating to their pets. They get non-pet related ones, and the pets get them relating to human sims.
I am in a pre-pets household in Hidden Springs. Maybe I'll try a new family and see what happens.
*edit - made a new household in Appaloosa Springs and wishes are appearing normally for everyone.  Weird.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 16:10:16 by siriusthinking » Logged
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 October 22, 23:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, all beds (even non-custom or store) are borked the hell. Sims go to bed and do the 'pull the covers' down animation, but then they lay on the bed oozing through the covers. And then they can't get out of bed at all.

And store dressers and bath tubs won't let you put anything on them.

Very strange.
Got any custom content? There is a  bed issue caused by custom content. As we know by now EA changed a file and broke custom content.  Some cc bed files duplicate some of EA's code and having a cc bed in your folder (even if you are not using it ) will cause EA's bed's to pick up the wrong code and behave badly. Bathtubs are also doing this. I haven't seen reports of dressers being broke, but as all cc has to be fixed it could be part of the same problem.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2011 October 22, 23:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My horse has the 'Freshly Laundered' moodlet from fresh clothes. I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 October 22, 23:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, EAxian or Awesome, but when I instructed a sim to take his horse to a community lot, he decided the best way was by using the underground.

Getting the mount through the ticket gate seems to require some awesome horse origami:
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 00:11:49 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 October 23, 01:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a really odd weird bug. When I switch from a sim to a dog, I notice the dog briefly (quick as a flash) has a completely red hygiene bar, which is almost immediately replaced by it's correct Destruction motive, at the correct level. However, if I switch back to the sim, they suddenly have the grungy moodlet, even though their hygiene bar is still full.

I have a similar bug except on my horse.  When I switch to another sim, the exercise bar arbitrarily goes red despite the fact she ran most of the day.  It does NOT correct itself unless I have it run or exercise.

Getting the mount through the ticket gate seems to require some awesome horse origami:

Dog origami was a feature in the demo.  Have not seen it yet in pets.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 October 23, 03:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly gamebreaking or a game bug either, but for me the icon in my taskbar when I play The Sims 3 is the one for Generations, not pets. Minor cosmetic issue or did I bork something while installing?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 October 23, 09:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly gamebreaking or a game bug either, but for me the icon in my taskbar when I play The Sims 3 is the one for Generations, not pets. Minor cosmetic issue or did I bork something while installing?
My taskbar icon is, and has always been, the base game one.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 October 23, 12:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Long overdue, but Shift-Click with testingopportunities doesn't work on the new combined rabbit holes.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 October 23, 20:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the time when my cats fish they don't actually go into the water. In this picture the cat isn't even close.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 October 23, 21:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have an elevator and spiral stairs on a lot, sims can go upstairs not downstairs. If I remove them and have only one on a lot, the sims can use them. So we can't have both modes of moving from one level to the next?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 October 24, 00:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All EP's & Exp's, fully patched.  Nraas No-CD is my only mod.

My sim was "watching her cat play with toy" while at the library, complete with animations and sounds (the cat was back home).
wingsandgills
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 October 24, 01:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't fish using the "choose bait" option. I can fish, but any time I try to choose bait to fish, the action immediately drops from queue.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 October 24, 01:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When sending my sim to read "Cooking Vol. 1" she just stomped her feet beside the chair to her desk. I had to send her to sit elsewhere, I moved the desk chair out & back in, and then she finally took the book to read to room where I had her sit earlier.

I had forgotten to say that I ran the TSR Rig Fix before even trying the game.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 October 24, 04:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out a fix yet to the stairs issue? I am also getting tired of the saddle issue, its not affecting my capability to ride my horse.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
semianon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 October 24, 04:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't fish using the "choose bait" option. I can fish, but any time I try to choose bait to fish, the action immediately drops from queue.

Twallan's Overwatch has a "Fish With Bait" fix in it.  It may or may not be for the particular issue you are experiencing.  I think Overwatch is work installing either way.  If it fixes your particular issue, great.  If not, it still fixes or prevents many other issues.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 October 24, 12:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems that dogs love to moonwalk out of doors.

They also seem to occasionally fuck doors entirely, walking through the walls instead. Most notable during the "Run Around" action.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 October 24, 21:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a sim with a head floating over an invisible body. This was a bug in TS2 (or maybe TS1) when you were missing an outfit.  This was a vanilla game, not even store content in. My sim met him at the new consignment store and offerred him a makeover, at which point the game crashed. I haven't seen this one posted anywhere else so I'm wondering if I need to put in some store content, such as Riverview.
My graphics card is a ATI HD 6850 with 1 gig memory. The driver was updated about a month ago, so I'm hoping it's them not me.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 October 25, 00:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pet eyes are borked, whenever a pet moves at a certain angle this happens:

That sucks.  My favorite way to play the game is with the camera zoomed all the way in to my sims' eyeballs.  Sad

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 October 25, 16:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just my graphics card or do the new rabbit holes have high poly counts? I get massive frame rate lag when I try to move the camera around them. This does not occur in the other towns.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 October 25, 17:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a sim with a head floating over an invisible body. This was a bug in TS2 (or maybe TS1) when you were missing an outfit.  This was a vanilla game, not even store content in. My sim met him at the new consignment store and offerred him a makeover, at which point the game crashed. I haven't seen this one posted anywhere else so I'm wondering if I need to put in some store content, such as Riverview.
My graphics card is a ATI HD 6850 with 1 gig memory. The driver was updated about a month ago, so I'm hoping it's them not me.

That was also a bug in The Sims 3 when a dude got preggo by the game, I thought they'd fixed it sometime ago.

I'm having a lot of complaints from sims and pets about blocked paths when they are obviously not. My sims and pets are aging, oddly. I am using an EA made family to test so it could just be the Marshells. The dog, cat, horse, and two adults were not aging at the same rate. The male was losing days on his "days left" bar when the female was not, the pets weren't aging either until I cheated and "trigger age transition" them into adult pets, now they appear to be fine. My small dog can not drink from the toilet, cat can. The male sim can not click on some rabbitholes(the grocery for one), while the female can. This was all without any mods or CC other then the no-cd. With AM and MasterController in, Marshells gave birth to a baby and he was already a few days into aging. Spawned a second child with MC who seemed normal. Female sim still not aging at the same rate as the male. Other then the path issue it could be that this family could just be screwed.

I'm not having any issues with the saddles or riding, but sims do seem to be taking their time actually starting actions. Getting on the horse, discovering potions, going to cook, 20 sim minutes before they stop staring into space and actually perform the action.

Vista HomeP 32bit SP2
Dual core processor 4800+ 2.50GHz
4gb of ram
ATI Radeon HD 3870
All EPs and SPs
« Last Edit: 2011 October 25, 19:01:44 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: