More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:47:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 111428 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« on: 2011 October 21, 07:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well didn't see an official what's borked thread, and considering I've got a fair few borkness to report I figured I'd make one.

The first issue I have come across is with the horses. There was a bug with photography that sometimes your sim would "hang" and do nothing but sit there after taking a photo, well this is the same only with saddles. You tell your sim to remove the saddle off the horse and they will stand next to the horse picking their bum for hours without doing anything, forcing a reset.

Another issue is with the other townies in pre-pets neighbourhoods (correct spelling for me, I'm Australian), not having pets, so there is no real enjoyment or opportunities for your pet to randomly meet other pets. I am also not getting any strays, and the spawners for the new things such as snakes, lizards and birds, also appear to not be in the pre-pets hoods. Although that's just a minor thing, it is still a nuisance to have to do it yourself.

Anyone else got any borkiness? My game promptly CTD when I attempted to remove the saddle again after resetting my sim, so haven't had the chance to fully play yet.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 21, 08:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horses aren't drinking properly for me.

There has also been mention of the patch borking the spiral staircase and the fact that the spellbook conflicts with pet skilling.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 21, 10:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the saying was wrong. Apparently, you can't actually lead a horse to water, but you CAN make him drink.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 21, 10:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course the spawners are missing in the pre-pets hoods. I didn't expect any diffirent from EA. I mean yes the patch gave us carrots in advance but why would they bother to use the patch to add spawnsers in the old hoods? That doesn't make any sense, it goes against EA "logic".

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 21, 10:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course the spawners are missing in the pre-pets hoods. I didn't expect any diffirent from EA. I mean yes the patch gave us carrots in advance but why would they bother to use the patch to add spawnsers in the old hoods? That doesn't make any sense, it goes against EA "logic".

EA? Logic?
JuliWolfe
Asinine Airhead

It's all about the broohaha.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 21, 12:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From time to time while horse riding the game 'hangs' as in, time keeps moving forward but the sim riding said horse and the horse itself simply appear to be on pause.

As previously stated, messing around with saddles sometimes requires a reset sim as they stand there frozen in introspection.

A fire randomly started at the stove while no one was cooking and no reason for said fire. I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of feature or oversight on my part but thought I would mention it in case anyone else is experiencing random fires.

Dude... that's my spleen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 21, 12:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There has also been mention of the patch borking the spiral staircase ...

I'm having problems with one spiral staircase on a lot.  Sims will run up and down all other spiral staircases in the house, and they'll happily go up this particular one, but will not route downstairs unless I remove said offending staircase.  There is another staircase they could use, but they ignore it as long as the borked one is closer. I  even tried installing an elevator to give them an alternative, but they won't use it even when directly instructed to.

This is just from the patch, I haven't braved the EP yet.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 October 21, 12:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From time to time while horse riding the game 'hangs' as in, time keeps moving forward but the sim riding said horse and the horse itself simply appear to be on pause.

As previously stated, messing around with saddles sometimes requires a reset sim as they stand there frozen in introspection.

A fire randomly started at the stove while no one was cooking and no reason for said fire. I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of feature or oversight on my part but thought I would mention it in case anyone else is experiencing random fires.

About the random fire, it could've been caused by an evil unicorn. Did you interact with any lately? I'm not sure if you need to have any kind of relationship with the unicorns for them to wreak havoc on your lot, just case in case keep an eye out for them.

I'm having problems with one spiral staircase on a lot.  Sims will run up and down all other spiral staircases in the house, and they'll happily go up this particular one, but will not route downstairs unless I remove said offending staircase.  There is another staircase they could use, but they ignore it as long as the borked one is closer. I  even tried installing an elevator to give them an alternative, but they won't use it even when directly instructed to.

In my case the EP fixed the spiral staircases.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 October 21, 13:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan said that EA set the spiral staircases for EP5 only for some reason, installing pets fixes them.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 October 21, 15:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, foals have a small floating block over their necks which can be interacted with as if it were part of the horse.  Someone really dropped the ball modeling the foals.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 October 21, 15:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least they don't pupate, right?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2011 October 21, 17:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I interact with a horse who is doing something, it usually won't let me, because the horse doesnt cancel the action (most common with "practice jumping"), and the sim doesn't give up on waiting for the horse to cancel their action. So they both stand there until I realize what's happening.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 October 21, 18:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure why you would persistently do a dumb thing like that. Don't bother things that are doing something.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 October 21, 19:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashed twice again today this is the fourth time it's happened since I installed Pets. Since I've started playing the game in 2009 these are the only times I had the game crash on me with exception of the CRAP demo when I was using the jailbreak.

There are some files .mdmp files in my EA folder and these I believe are memory dump files? There are also some text file being generated. I can attatch the files if necessary.

E-double
Asinine Airhead

Aye!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 October 21, 20:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cats & dogs don't look like they did in the demo. They don't have any details or fluff to their coats.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 October 21, 20:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cats & dogs don't look like they did in the demo. They don't have any details or fluff to their coats.

I think you need to turn on advanced rendering or something in the options menu. If that doesn't work then update your videocard drivers if that doesn't work plant a bomb at EA headquarters.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 October 21, 20:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course nothing looks like the demo. The demo is FAKE.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 October 22, 02:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they also borked the LN hot tubs.  Sims can get in them, but then they float above them.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 October 22, 02:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, mine have fluff and detail on their coats, and Im using Asus EAH6870 PCI-E 2.1 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI D-Sub DP DX11 so it could just be your graphics card, or directX settings.

No problems with spiral staircases for me, and I'm not yet having any issues with store items.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 October 22, 03:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a jump bug of sorts. I've only played the Pets twice since I got it on Thursday, the first time I noticed that pets actions cancel themselves out, but it goes in a loop with the animal (in both cases a dog and a horse), where the pet will autonomously try to do something, then the action gets cancelled, then it tries repeating it again and it goes in a cycle.

Yesterday while playing with a horse, I put it in the stable thing and it "jumps" outside it. I also get a lot of path errors above the animals head saying that something is blocking the object (when it clearly isn't).

Another thing (which could be normal) is I got a scenario when moving in a family (Single Sim and Horse) and had the meteor scenario. The soot smudges on the floor were going under objects and the sim couldn't clean them (in this instance, a fridge and driveway). The sim was also unable to access the garage using the garage door (but this could be a path issue, the sim was trying to clean a covered soot smudge).

Overall, this has to be the buggiest game I've got. I've always been fortunate to not get any issues with new EPs.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 October 22, 05:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims aren't aging at all anymore.
catsahoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 October 22, 05:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Narrowed down the bug to having to do with one of twallan's most recent mods (either overwatch, no-cd or master controller).  Neither awesomemod or other mods were used with his when testing this.

Vanilla sims without cc or mods at all loaded lots without issue but had an issue rendering hair. 

With only awesomemod all works well.

==========================
previous post
Just noticed that when I move a pre-existing family without pets to say... App plains there are no problems.

However, if I take that same family add pets and try to move that family to another location it freezes.

If I have more time I will test more to see if this can be replicated, if it was just a fluke, or if it has to do with the inclusion of pets.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 01:23:53 by catsahoy » Logged
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 October 22, 06:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, all beds (even non-custom or store) are borked the hell. Sims go to bed and do the 'pull the covers' down animation, but then they lay on the bed oozing through the covers. And then they can't get out of bed at all.

And store dressers and bath tubs won't let you put anything on them.

Very strange.
Demise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 October 22, 06:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First job my new stylist got in Appaloosa Plains was to give a foal a makeover. Apparently, this baby horse was having a competition at work to see who had the coolest facial hair. I reloaded, and this time the job was to give a wild horse multiple everyday looks.

Of course, since you can't actually give a makeover to a horse... :|
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 October 22, 07:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a really odd weird bug. When I switch from a sim to a dog, I notice the dog briefly (quick as a flash) has a completely red hygiene bar, which is almost immediately replaced by it's correct Destruction motive, at the correct level. However, if I switch back to the sim, they suddenly have the grungy moodlet, even though their hygiene bar is still full.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: