More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:32:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ready for the sporking, really stupid question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ready for the sporking, really stupid question  (Read 3609 times)
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Ready for the sporking, really stupid question
« on: 2011 October 21, 02:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Windoze 7 on my new laptop.  Had no trouble finding files on my old Vista laptop.  Am searching for the Sims 3 patch files (finally loaded ALL my Sims 3 games in have all but Generations and Pets).  I looked in all the files in every Electronic Arts folder there was in both my C drive and my documents folder, cannot find it.  Must be a hidden file somewhere.  How do I find this?  Feel like a tard to ask, but don't know who else to ask.  Thanks

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Ready for the sporking, really stupid question
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 21, 03:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Windoze 7 on my new laptop.  Had no trouble finding files on my old Vista laptop.  Am searching for the Sims 3 patch files (finally loaded ALL my Sims 3 games in have all but Generations and Pets).  I looked in all the files in every Electronic Arts folder there was in both my C drive and my documents folder, cannot find it.  Must be a hidden file somewhere.  How do I find this?  Feel like a tard to ask, but don't know who else to ask.  Thanks

As in the atcual patches? Those would be in the support folder on the disc. Just use the patch tool from MTS.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 21, 03:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is fully patched to 9.0.73. something but I am looking for the folder the patch files are in so I may look to see if I have any unwanted ones in there such as the store one, or worse yet, the pets one I DO NOT NEED, but don't think I have.  All I need is aid in finding the frigging folder.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 21, 03:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new Downloads folder in Win 7, but I just can't find it right now. Maybe your best bet is to let it Win 7 open the file as soon as you download it, because it will open your Downloads folder (IIRC).
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 21, 04:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

C:\Users\{your name here}\Downloads

Shows up in 'favorites' for me. You can also pin it to your start menu.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 21, 04:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, it's in THAT file, thanks, I know where that is.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: