More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:01:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't train dog to hunt
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't train dog to hunt  (Read 11293 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Can't train dog to hunt
« on: 2011 October 20, 14:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The title says it all. I can't train any of the dogs to hunt. The skillbar is there but it doesn't go up. What do I do now? Shoot the dog?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't train dog to hunt
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 20, 17:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any mods left over from before installing pets? Namely skilling mods?

Some have complained of no skill bar, but that is the result of an outdated FX mod (such as a nudity decensor), and some have complained of it not moving, but their issue stemmed from an old skilling mod.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 20, 19:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I had in my mods folder that's "skilling" related is Treeag's Book of Talent. I took that out the moment I noticed the problem (even though I'm 99% sure it's not this mod causing the problem) and I didn't see any change at all. I did have a nocencor mod which I also removed so I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

I noticed that when my sims teaches the dog a trick there's no bar showing any porgression. Though I believe it was this way in the demo (jailbreak) as well. I'll try deleteing my cache files and see what happens.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 20, 20:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no skill bar for tricks by default.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 20, 21:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no skill bar for tricks by default.

Claeric, I will let this one go because you are providing some information to Virgali, but be aware you are currently domed and if you start providing misinformation, as is your wont, then your posts will be moved.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 October 20, 22:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are saying over at the official forum that the Gothique Spell Book is causing animals not to gain skills, but  Twallan's Overwatch fixes it.
I can't say for sure but given all the trouble that bloody thing has caused I wouldn't be suprised. I'm testing Pet's without anything in (no store, no mods or cc) and the skills are working for me. Though my sim is a slow learner. She has the athletic trait but has taken two trips to the gym and one home work out to get one skill point.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 October 20, 22:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great news! I shall test this in-game. I do have a decrapped version that conflicted with the good-for-nothing-wishing-crap and a fixed package version. I'll just remove both and try again.

ETA: I can proudly report that getting rid of the Gothique set fixed my problem. We need a new fix for the bloody Spellbook.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 23:58:12 by virgali » Logged

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2011 October 21, 03:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no problem getting a cat to gain the hunting skill even with the spellbook installed.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 October 21, 10:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about dogs though? Taking out the the Gothique stuff fixed my problem. Though I believe you only use package files, yes? I had the set decrapped and I added the package file fix (which made me have two of each object). As soon as I removed the Gothique set my dogs were skilling up just fine.

amarynth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 October 21, 12:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the set installed as a decrapped Sims3Pack and have had no problems with the hunting skill for dogs or cats.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 October 21, 12:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the set installed as a decrapped Sims3Pack and have had no problems with the hunting skill for dogs or cats.

Yes but do the objects actually work? Since you folk insist that it works in your game I decided to do some testing. I decrapped the files again and installed, went in-game and placed the objects in a park. I checked to see if my dogs were gaining skill-points and they did. I sent my sim to the park and noticed that the animations on the FOY were missing. I sent my sim to learn a spell and he jumped, unable to interact with the spellbook. So I saved and quit, placed the fix in my mods folder and tried again.

This time I sent my sim to the park first and I realised that the animations were semi-borked. They weren't animating from the right spot, e.g. the spellbook animation was coming from the bottom as if the ghosts were emerging form the floor. My sim could learn a spell and he got the moodlet from his FOY wish. I sent him home to teach the dogs and they stopped gaining skill once again.

Did you do proper testing in your game? Which fix are you using? Are you using Granthes' RIG fix?

I did MOAR testing. This time I tried using the old spellbook fix which made the spellbook work without the animations, caused the FOY to use the proper animation but my sim wouldn't get any younger even though the message gave said the wish was successfull. My dogs stilll couldn't gain any skill.

I took the old fix out which borked the spellbook once again, the FOY remained the same (animations work but it doesn't grant wishes) and my dogs once again are gaining skill.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 13:43:04 by virgali » Logged

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2011 October 21, 18:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran the FOY/Spellbook fix through the decrapifyer, and then through the latest version of Granthe's rig editor. Both spellbook, and fountain function as intended in game; correct animations, correct sounds, correct moodlets, ect. Dog could be taught how to hunt. While being taught all the motives starting decreasing at an accelerated pace, but that may have been AM, and I'm about to retest to see if it happens without AM.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011 October 21, 19:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's prolly a RIG malfunction then cause I haven't tried Granthe's fix yet. *headdesks* I'll let you know if I got it working.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 October 21, 19:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's prolly a RIG malfunction then cause I haven't tried Granthe's fix yet. *headdesks* I'll let you know if I got it working.

I actually just tried this for you, it works in my game with and without the fix, with the SP/FOY installed as decrapped sims3packs.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 October 21, 19:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaaaah! I mean thanks. I am in no mood for more testing tbh. Now I just need to know why I'm being invaded by gnomes and why my game keeps on crashing and I'll be all settled.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 October 21, 20:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doghunt bug isolated as an obscure EAxian fail of some kind and patched in AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 October 21, 20:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doghunt bug isolated as an obscure EAxian fail of some kind and patched in AwesomeMod.

Good news for those that use AM.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2011 October 21, 21:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who don't use AM, I believe Twallan's Overwatch also fixes this error.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011 October 21, 21:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful, with all the other headaches this EP has given me so far I haven't had time to stop by NRaas Industries.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 October 21, 23:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful, with all the other headaches this EP has given me so far I haven't had time to stop by NRaas Industries.

Christ on a cracker, stop bleating for a minute. You're a bit of a panic merchant, aren't you? Calm down and try things as people discover them, maybe try from a clean install, whatever. Re-download possibly troublesome CC and check you have the latest versions of apps you use. Take your time. Regard this as a challenge.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sweeney_todd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 October 25, 15:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have the exact same problem with horse skills and cat hunting. I don't know about dogs... didn't get any so far. But the skill bar is stuck. All CC I have installed are in package form by Moryrie (thank you so so much by the way) and it may be conflicting with the spellbook. I am willing to get rid of that stupid magic anyway, but how do I do that if it's included in one of the package files? Please help!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 October 25, 20:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: