More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:27:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Multiple world installs?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Multiple world installs?  (Read 4121 times)
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Multiple world installs?
« on: 2011 October 25, 22:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always like to start everything from scratch when a new EP comes out, I uninstall everything and start over. However I am having one problem that has occurred previously that I thought would be cleared up after a fresh install.

After downloading the .sims3packs of Riverview, Hidden Springs and Barnacle Bay here, Decrapifying and installing via the launcher, they install but have multiple instances in the game. When I start up my game, the world selection drop down shows I have 4 Riverviews, 4 Barnacle Bays and 3 Hidden Springs.

All other store .sims3packs install smoothly and perfectly, I'm only having trouble with the worlds. I've downloaded the newest s3rc, and I use the same s3rcbatch command that I got from here.

I haven't been able to find any information on this issue in particular, so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Up until now I have been able to just select one of the 3-4 world options and play that normally... but it would be nice to be able to get rid of the excessive world listings.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: Multiple world installs?
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 25, 23:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to your 'installed world' folder and your 'world cache' folder. Delete all the EA worlds. Re-install them. You should then only have 1 instance of each.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 25, 23:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to your 'installed world' folder and your 'world cache' folder. Delete all the EA worlds. Re-install them. You should then only have 1 instance of each.

Ah! Between that and uninstalling via the launcher I was able to delete the extra worlds. When I reinstalled, it only installed one of each. Thank you. I don't know how all those extra worlds were even being placed to begin with, but whatever it was, it's perfect now. I hadn't thought to check the world folders and relied only on the launcher.  Thanks again.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 26, 00:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! Between that and uninstalling via the launcher I was able to delete the extra worlds. When I reinstalled, it only installed one of each. Thank you. I don't know how all those extra worlds were even being placed to begin with, but whatever it was, it's perfect now. I hadn't thought to check the world folders and relied only on the launcher.  Thanks again.

Those extra world files were placed because you installed the worlds more then once. The Riverview.world was already in the world folder, when you used the launcher to "reinstall" them it created the Riverview1.world file so as to not overwrite a file already in that folder. Before you install a world for a second time(or third) you should go into the folders Moryrie listed and delete the old world files. That goes for any worlds, not just EA ones.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 26, 01:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those extra world files were placed because you installed the worlds more then once. The Riverview.world was already in the world folder, when you used the launcher to "reinstall" them it created the Riverview1.world file so as to not overwrite a file already in that folder. Before you install a world for a second time(or third) you should go into the folders Moryrie listed and delete the old world files. That goes for any worlds, not just EA ones.

I can see that happening. I had thought though, that if you tried to install a .sims3pack which was already there that you would get the "...".sims3pack is already installed error in the launcher, and that file would be ignored. I guess this isn't always the case.

My Store content folder contains about 450 .sims3packs (If only compilations were made sooner) I had a corrupt file somewhere, so when I replaced it, I just reinstalled everything, thinking that the corrupt file may have caused things to stop at a halfway point without installing the rest. I figured it'd be safer to just reinstall it all, and let it ignore or replace files already installed, since I had so many sims3packs. So that's probably how it happened.

I'll definitely keep all this in mind next time around, at least I now know what was going on and how to fix or prevent it.

By the way just noticed I put this in the wrong section. My apologies.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 26, 06:46:51 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: