More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:23:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Pets patch - all CC borked!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch - all CC borked!  (Read 41616 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Pets patch - all CC borked!
« Reply #25 on: 2011 October 21, 02:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's always better to dismiss things completely out of hand without investigating them at all.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011 October 21, 03:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a more acceptable option?
http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 October 21, 10:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's always better to dismiss things completely out of hand without investigating them at all.

Feel free to go investigate it if you feel like and let us know how it works out for you. As long as I don't have to do it. *Polishes tin foil hat some more*

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 October 22, 04:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going through my CC & fixing everything, and it appears to be working. However now my Sim just went to bed in a generations Sim bed & the sheets are all scrunched up like the broken objects, I can't remember the name of the bed but it was one of the loft beds that are wooden.  Is anyone else getting regular sim items with animation errors? I am fully patched, no mods, just some test CC I was fixing. How the heck am I supposed to fix the objects that come with the game?

Edit to add: Well it is tight pants...did not realize a bad file crapped up reg sim game files. So off to find offending file to loosen my pants.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 22, 06:02:14 by Slymenstra » Logged
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 October 22, 06:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least one of the Late Night hot tubs has farked animation.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2011 October 22, 06:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked all the hot tubs from the store, OLS and LN, and didn't find anything wrong. Perhaps you are noticing something I am not?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 October 22, 10:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to go investigate it if you feel like and let us know how it works out for you. As long as I don't have to do it. *Polishes tin foil hat some more*

I'd prefer Grant's tool, but it does not handle sims3packs. I'm not too keen on putting TSR's program on my system, either.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 October 22, 11:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use s3px to extract it into a package, then. Non-EAxian content really shouldn't be in Sims3Packs anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 October 22, 14:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked all the hot tubs from the store, OLS and LN, and didn't find anything wrong. Perhaps you are noticing something I am not?

Turns out it was a leftover.  Brand new hot tubs work, the one I had from a pre-Pets save was broken no matter what I did with my mods.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #34 on: 2011 October 22, 23:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has a tool called Rigfix that is supposed to fix the CC broken by Pets.  I don't have pets yet, but I thought that I would try it, so I backed up my game on a flash drive, downloaded Rigfix following their directions carefully, did all they said to do, and then finally tried my game.  I tried to make a sim.  All that it would make is a male, no skin sliders, two other sliders that would not work, and very little else.  Long story short, I unloaded Rigfix, unloaded all my Sims game, reloaded everything, cleared my cache files, loaded my saved game from the backup, redownloaded AM, and tried to launch.  Now it is telling me that AM is out of date.  This is the AM that is for my eps, the pre-pets one you supplied for till the pets snafu is done.  I think I need some help in trying to figure out how this Rigfix broke things.  I know you hate TSR.  Would you be willing to help?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #35 on: 2011 October 22, 23:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has a tool called Rigfix that is supposed to fix the CC broken by Pets.  I don't have pets yet, but I thought that I would try it, so I backed up my game on a flash drive, downloaded Rigfix following their directions carefully, did all they said to do, and then finally tried my game.  I tried to make a sim.  All that it would make is a male, no skin sliders, two other sliders that would not work, and very little else.  Long story short, I unloaded Rigfix, unloaded all my Sims game, reloaded everything, cleared my cache files, loaded my saved game from the backup, redownloaded AM, and tried to launch.  Now it is telling me that AM is out of date.  This is the AM that is for my eps, the pre-pets one you supplied for till the pets snafu is done.  I think I need some help in trying to figure out how this Rigfix broke things.  I know you hate TSR.  Would you be willing to help?

Well not only are you in the wrong thread but you're also at the wrong website. Others have said they've used the tool, so the answer may be as simple as you're doing it wrong. 

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Skidd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 October 23, 02:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For anyone with stuff already installed sims 3 packs, Grant's tool linked above can also fix up your .dbc files from your DCCache folder. I've run mine with my arr'd store content through (since I'm not letting the launcher get so much as a whiff of the internet) and it's working. It also creates backup files when you run it through.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 October 23, 03:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the TSR file (yes, silly, I know) but I haven't really gotten into my game yet.  I have very little CC in because I had a problem with getting Hidden Springs to show up; I think I rather re-download fixed stuff.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 October 25, 08:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any difference between TSR's tool and Grant's tool? (apart from sims3packs support) Do they give the exact same results after fixing?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 October 25, 17:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." on that link all day.  Is there a mirror?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 October 25, 18:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.mediafire.com/?z338c9xhafadcs6

I don't know of an official mirror, but here's the version I downloaded a couple of days ago.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 November 05, 18:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what are you supposed to fix anyway: objects yes, dbc yes, cas no need, but lots, patterns, saves, worlds, hacks?
The rigfix refused nothing, except for some objects it wouldn't fix. The tsr one refused patterns, but did simspacks and dbcs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 November 05, 18:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only specifically known borked thing was RIGgen. "Fixing" anything else through any fixer simply resulted in nothing happening.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 November 21, 11:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried both... the only CC i ever have is store content and awesomemod, plus some of buzzlers things.  Ran all the store packages through Grant's.. didn't seem to fix anything, though it said it did.  Cats still teleport across the world, chairs still clip..  dunno.  So I restored originals and tried TSR. Same thing.

I guess until they put out an official release I'll be putting the game on the shelf yet again. So glad I don't pay for this shit, lol.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 November 21, 15:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried both... the only CC i ever have is store content and awesomemod, plus some of buzzlers things.  Ran all the store packages through Grant's.. didn't seem to fix anything, though it said it did.  Cats still teleport across the world, chairs still clip..  dunno.  So I restored originals and tried TSR. Same thing.

I guess until they put out an official release I'll be putting the game on the shelf yet again. So glad I don't pay for this shit, lol.

If you're waiting for EA to completely fix user-created content, you'll be waiting forever, "lol."  They fixed their Store Content on the site, but someone would have to redownload and redistribute it for us to get the fixed content, "lol."  As it is, Grant's tool fixes the slots, but some beds have to be manually fixed to work properly, "lol."  Moryrie has already done this for her packages, "lol."  There is no cure as of yet for the cat-eating bathtubs, but there is a hack to keep cats from autonomously playing in them, "lol."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 November 21, 21:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to TSR the other day and got a prompt to re-download previously downloaded content that had been fixed. I know it's a bright, shiny, distant dream but you'd think wish EA would do something similar for their content.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 November 22, 00:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, they did.  It's only pirated and user-made content that has to use a workaround like Grant's tool.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 November 22, 02:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what sucks?  This game.  EA shits out mediocre games at an alarming rate these days and I seriously have no idea why any of you bother sticking around to humor them.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 November 23, 00:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and I seriously have no idea why any of you bother sticking around to humor them.

FLOG THE BLASPHEMER!!!  Grin
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 November 23, 02:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least EA actually makes the effort with TS3 to patch prior installments when a new EP comes out.  Anyone else remember how features introduced in new TS2 EPs wouldn't affect the Stuff Packs?  Lord Darcy had an entire line of mods making SP items compatible with the EPs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: