More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 22:30:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grilled cheese - but why?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grilled cheese - but why?  (Read 11167 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Grilled cheese - but why?
« on: 2005 November 29, 08:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the weirdest thing happen. My sim is knowledge, she'd just reached her max creativity on the guitar, then she came downstairs to eat a grilled cheese sandwich another sim had made.

All of a sudden, there was a sound, when I looked closer she had become a grilled cheese sim. She also lost her want slots - they returned to pre-uni status.

There are no grilled cheese sims on the lot - bar her now. No sims had been using the renu-u object - not unless they've started using it autonomously.

Very odd.

[attachment deleted by admin]

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Grilled cheese - but why?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 29, 09:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably some sort of glitch, although the idea that this could happen randomly is extremely appealing - t'would add some much-needed suspense to the game.  Just not enough random stuff in it for my liking, so I'd welcome this.  Might even make her a grilled cheese sandwich as a thank you.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 29, 10:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's lot debugger didn't have an option to 'upgrade pre-uni sim' so I deleted her and exited. When I reloaded the lot, she was on the footpath, back to knowledge and full wants slots. :/

I might have to start playing with debug mode on.

Probably some sort of glitch, although the idea that this could happen randomly is extremely appealing - t'would add some much-needed suspense to the game.

It did give me a little frisson. Smiley

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 29, 17:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Ancient, I crave random activities. I hate having to micro manage my sims lives. It just takes the fun out of it.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 29, 17:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so agree on the need for randomness and less micromanaging. I want random cheesiness too!

Before NL came out I was working on a challenge for myself, I would make a new Sim or 2 and drop them on a lot, then motherlode 50k for them. Then I designed a house and filled it with items they need to survive and as many things as I could find that they could use autonomously. I pick a job for them and let them greet the welcoming commitee. After that I would only "interfer" if absolutely needed, like to pay bills, call service people etc. With careful design of the house, objects and sim I was suprised how long they could "survive"! 
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 29, 18:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With careful design of the house, objects and sim I was suprised how long they could "survive"! 

I've not only had them survive, I've had them thrive.  I made a bunch of houses with three unrelated adults, suitiably equipped.  I played the house for about a day, getting jobs and greeting the welcoming committee.  Then I'd let the house run untouched for 25 or 26 days.  One of my Sims actually got to level 7 of his career this way.  No one ever died.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 29, 20:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With a combination of Lizzlove's water bed, Inge's shrub that teleports random sims and JMP's baby controller thing, I even had them reproduce on their own!

I haven't tried this since installing NL, it will be interesting to see if I end up with a vampire, or many enemies or grilled cheese!

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 29, 20:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use Inge's permafridge to remove the need to order goerceries for them.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 29, 20:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using Dizzy2's hack that they randomly bring home groceries or a pizza from work with them. Seems more realistic!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 29, 22:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using Dizzy2's hack that they randomly bring home groceries or a pizza from work with them. Seems more realistic!
it does in normal sim households  but not practical in households with 20 sims I have one such house hold

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 29, 22:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feeding 20 sims, now that's scary! 

Reminds me of my real life neighborhood I grew up in. we had 3 families that had 13 or more kids, over a hundred children in a block and a half!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 29, 23:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not only had them survive, I've had them thrive.  I made a bunch of houses with three unrelated adults, suitiably equipped.

Hook

Who or what was suitably equipped? *dies laughing*

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 29, 23:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a Crammyboy reference?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 30, 04:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran the hiipie commune overnight, by morning all the sims were dead so I had to give in on smoke alarms.

Does anyone know if Lizzloves water bed conflicts with 2J's casual woohoo? I'd like to keep the casual woohoo and let my sims be autonomous.

yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 30, 06:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They work fine together in my game, witch.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 30, 07:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers Yetyak, is the bed a special bed you have to use? I can't remember now, I never saw it going, I put it in ages ago, then took it out in case of compatibility issues. I'm not even sure I still have it, better do a hunt.  Undecided

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 30, 07:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Ancient, I crave random activities. I hate having to micro manage my sims lives. It just takes the fun out of it.

So true...there are times when I do want to micro manage..but at the same time..I crave the randomness that could possibly occur if only it could. There's freewill on/off..there should also be another option that allows more spontaneous things.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 30, 12:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lizzloves waterbed:
http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82193

I found you have to be very careful what toys you give them, easels work better than pianos as they get too obsessed with pianos, etc.

tried some of squinges autonomous reward objects, the attration on them is a little too strong, so I have to but them on the edges of the lot... http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=1454
caution: since NL they also seem to cause a boolprop error but reset lets them continue. So they probably won't work on the leave it run all night type game.

I tried Inges business money making exercise equipment but they are way too attractive for this porpose, sims won't do anything else, so I had to give up on them!

There is also a hack that lets them gain skills from just "reading"....

I guess my biggest wishes for this goal is an easy way to set autonomy and attraction levels on more objects! (and an easel that they will automatically sell the painting when done!)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 30, 13:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lizzloves waterbed:
http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82193

I found you have to be very careful what toys you give them, easels work better than pianos as they get too obsessed with pianos, etc.

tried some of squinges autonomous reward objects, the attration on them is a little too strong, so I have to but them on the edges of the lot... http://charlotte.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=1454
caution: since NL they also seem to cause a boolprop error but reset lets them continue. So they probably won't work on the leave it run all night type game.

I tried Inges business money making exercise equipment but they are way too attractive for this porpose, sims won't do anything else, so I had to give up on them!

There is also a hack that lets them gain skills from just "reading"....

I guess my biggest wishes for this goal is an easy way to set autonomy and attraction levels on more objects! (and an easel that they will automatically sell the painting when done!)
I have lizzie loves bed and other than assigning it and keeping teens out of it and setting clothing to underwear.I also set it to advertising off and no visitors.as the woohoo goes  I set the options so my sims could choose what they do in it and to make it more realistic I turned on risky woohoo after all in life the only 100% percent effective birth control not requiring major surgery is abstinence.so my sims get the same drawback.I do however wonder sometimes at my sim's choice in that bed .for examole My Sim Brynne and her Sim Hubby have fraternal twin Daughters in my game that are toddlers  and they  chose try for a baby Tongue of course Sim Brynne is now pregnant again.
  My sim RainBow is Sim Brynnes  sister in law in my game . Sim Rainbow Just had a baby and yet she and hubby decided to try right away for another baby fortunately no lullaby....other than seeing some real goofy choices like that with the bed the autonomy is great and more realistic.
  as for skill objects and or toys if my sims have money they get piano's , easels,Karaoke Machines etc.....I dont limet skilling objects if they  become obsessed oh well  ! people in real lifw also get obsessed with using different objects so why not sims? the only toy I refuse to put in the houses is the Myshuno game its pointless and sims will starve themselves to death standing around it doing nothing
  I have a toddler so obsessed with the  toy xyllophone he maxed out his creativity skill with it .I am now steering him towards the rabbit and he is getting obsessed with it now.so before he ever transitions he will have 4 skills maxed out 3 from just playing with toddler toys.
  I play with aging off so my toddlers,children and teens have lots of time to develop skills and Familial bonds.
 I have found that sims who arent rushed through the toddler and childhood years do better at Uni and making friends. than using the Maxian timetable.Since my teens go to Uni with all skills maxed they have more time for social activities there. but thats Just my attempt to make the game more realistic.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 01, 00:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bed gets my sims in all kinds of trouble, its such fun! My romance sims like it best, and the family sims definitely like the try for a baby! I have way too many sim kids and pregnant people because of it! I change the settings on it to match the situation, but I always leave the risky woohoo on too. I also have a few beds on community lots, I put one in the snazzy NL museum art gallery, you know sort of performance art! Then I set it to maxis default so they just lay there and chat!   

I only limit the skilling objects if I am trying to create a house for them to survive on thier own in. Other houses have all kinds of goodies including the bowling alley!  I agree on the Myshuno game, I had it in a house once and finally put it on the roof so they couldn't play with it, boy did they gripe about that! I have used it on a community lot though, it works ok for that.

I always leave aging on, but my adults are all elixer of life addicts!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 01, 01:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That bed gets my sims in all kinds of trouble, its such fun! My romance sims like it best, and the family sims definitely like the try for a baby! I have way too many sim kids and pregnant people because of it! I change the settings on it to match the situation, but I always leave the risky woohoo on too. I also have a few beds on community lots, I put one in the snazzy NL museum art gallery, you know sort of performance art! Then I set it to maxis default so they just lay there and chat!   

I only limit the skilling objects if I am trying to create a house for them to survive on thier own in. Other houses have all kinds of goodies including the bowling alley!  I agree on the Myshuno game, I had it in a house once and finally put it on the roof so they couldn't play with it, boy did they gripe about that! I have used it on a community lot though, it works ok for that.

I always leave aging on, but my adults are all elixer of life addicts!
actually all of my married/engaged sims regardless of aspiration love that darn bedI currently have 6 pregnant sims in the hood and downtown. My Romance sim Justin has went perma plat 3 times already so I guess for his next trick he has decided a boatload of kids are needed. he has 5 from a prior Marriage 3 of which are at Uni . 2 are at home
 he remarried and has twin toddlers with his new wife  and he has gotten her pregnant again. so his 8th child is on the way.
   I have noticed that Romance sims do like having children around for the most part in my game. matter of fact they tend to be overly attentive in my game to the kids. all  but two of the Romance male sims are perma plat in my hoodinfact the majority of my hood is perma plat strange but true

SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 01, 02:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims that are alone in the house go lay down one the darn bed waiting for someone to magically join them.

My female vampire couple now have 6 kids, what fun making them take turns getting out of the coffin to change the diapers. I think we need a hire a nanny during the day for vampires option! My goal for this week is to hit each house in the hood and birth those babies! Then I am going to check out the rest of downtown, Haven't been everywhere yet!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 01, 02:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims that are alone in the house go lay down one the darn bed waiting for someone to magically join them.

My female vampire couple now have 6 kids, what fun making them take turns getting out of the coffin to change the diapers. I think we need a hire a nanny during the day for vampires option! My goal for this week is to hit each house in the hood and birth those babies! Then I am going to check out the rest of downtown, Haven't been everywhere yet!
I assign the beds it Keep my Romance sim Joe out of his son's beds  when they are at work .  after finding Joe making out with his daughter in law's when he had one of those beds  he had his removed and was given a regular bed. so I make sure the beds are given an owner

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 01, 03:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think with macrotastics skillinator using the easel, the sims will sell the paintings when finished. Well, I'm 99% sure I've seen the paintings vanish, I don't know if the sims get any money.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 01, 05:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do, but you have to choose the skillinate/creativity thing. If you just paint, or they paint autonomously, they don't sell it without instructions.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: