More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:41:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I broke the apt. door.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I broke the apt. door.  (Read 6568 times)
Lorima
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I broke the apt. door.
« on: 2011 September 15, 14:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reinstalled TS2 on my computer that I ran the game on previously. I have all ep's and most of the stuff packs (exception being Holiday and Celebration packs), no CC added at this time. I patched the games as I installed. The game runs fine - except that the apt. doors are not showing in game. I used "boolprop aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false" to turn on building tools. I selected the door - the green placement footprint is showing, complete with directional arrows. I can place it - I hear it "click" into place and am charged the proper simoleans. However, the door simply doesn't show. I have a blank wall. This is on all apt lots., mine and Maxis. The sims (playable and NPC) walk up to the blank wall where the door is supposed to be and have immediate whiney-obstructed-path-hissy-fits. Those already inside apt. cannot get out and those outside cannot get in. Help! I've spent the last four days searching solutions, uninstalling, reinstalling, patching, and tweaking. FTR, I installed all EP's and several stuff packs from original disks. The remaining stuff packs I installed using Collection packs. I did not install the sims 2 store or regular games from the Collection disks. Also, I tried this in several combinations, using the EP's from the collection pack, with and without the sims 2 store program installed. No luck - borked to the beyond.
Lorima
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: I broke the apt. door. Update.
« Reply #1 on: 2011 October 01, 02:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After checking everything, I have come to the conclusion that I have a corrupted object file. I checked the file and it says the archive is empty. I run the game from a crack, so I put my dvd in and checked the object file on the dvd. Same result - says the archive is empty. Can anyone help me with that?

Also, I now have the joy of having a sim disappear when I log out. One family is fine, the other - a single - vanishes when I log out. All lot improvements, purchases, etc. stay. Any ideas for this glitch?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: I broke the apt. door.
« Reply #2 on: 2011 October 01, 15:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try copying the objects.package from your CD / DVD / RAR / etc. and replacing the corrupted objects.package in your installation location.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 October 02, 05:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be bad, since it would be the unpatched version. You would need to get the patched objects.package from someone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 October 02, 14:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because you tried to fix your issue, I decided to help. Here's objects.package. Plop it into Program Files \ EA GAMES \ The Sims 2 Apartment Life \ TSData \ Res \ Objects. It is patched to the last available patch. I hope it helps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EYAXBFYP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: