More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:32:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Macro Control: Macrotastics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macro Control: Macrotastics  (Read 443913 times)
mappam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics
« Reply #350 on: 2009 March 22, 17:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I "sillinatored" my sim (gardening) and she will not stop watering the plant. I can click on the icon to have her stop and she just keeps watering. I did "moveobjects on" and moved her to the front of the house - just went back to watering....

Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009 March 22, 17:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is supposed to happen. Watering a plant gives some experience, and it can be done very quickly. Best of all, it hardly damages the plant. By the time it is ready to harvest, you'll have been able to repair it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009 March 22, 19:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't gain skills without grinding it somehow, so some form of repeatable action needs to be performed, and in this case, that is watering. Watering is slightly harmful in the long term, but in the short term, it is actually beneficial and you can actually counter long-term overwatering by more overwatering.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009 May 06, 17:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there, it's me again spamming around.

I recently noticed a habit of macro-driven sims that interferes with my newest business lot - a bakery.
What happens is something that I think shouldn't happen: When the macro-driven sims are hungry, they help themselves with cakes from the business owners inventory which originally were intended to be sold.

Is there a way to prevent them from taking the cakes and just go get something to eat from the fridge?
lepifera
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009 June 25, 01:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to whip up a dead-horse. I have noticed a very very minor issue with Macrostatics-eat. I was playing Don Lothario's house and the "eat" option was not on the menu. After fiddling with it a bit, I finally found out why... there is no stove, only a toaster, at Don Lothario's lot. After adding the stove, it works like a charm again.
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009 July 04, 23:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics - Clean is causing my sims to tinker with a garbage disposal repeatedly.  I see Zazazu had the same problem back on page 8.  Is there any way to fix this or should I just keep watching for it?  Thanks.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009 October 25, 03:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro-Eat is not showing up for children. Ever. Even when a kid is in the red for hunger. (I really miss it, too, since it's means keeping fridge leftovers available just for one kid in houses where the other residents can all grub from inventory stash.)

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009 October 25, 05:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that the food in your inventory is not corrupted in some way. Sometimes food items can become corrupt and broken in subtle ways, so Macrotastics can't detect them. Alternatively, your red is not my red. I hate food.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009 October 25, 18:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I check for subtly broken foods? Uhm, I have no custom foods at all, if that makes a difference. And foodeatsyou is installed on both lots.

But I doubt that's it. Macro-eat has been consistently absent for child sims on two lots (other lots are non-spawn lots. Not many kids in the neighborhood yet.) The one lot has four adults who rotate having inventory food, yet macro-eat never turns up for the kiddilies.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009 October 25, 19:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I check for subtly broken foods?

Take out a plate from inventory and have the child eat it?

Pro tip: Stop making such fattening food.  If a single serving is more than what will safely fit in a child's stomach, macro-eat will prevent child abuse.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009 October 26, 00:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's possible: If you're making food that's REALLY huge, sims won't eat it until they get REALLY red.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009 October 26, 04:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I pull food out of inventory and drop it, kids can eat it. And it's often mac-n-cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches in inventory.

Today, though, I intended to tell an adult to Macro-Garden for an adult, but didn't realize that I still had a kid selected (there are seven sims in the house now, heh.) Macro-Eat was present for the child--despite the fact that her hunger bar was completely full and green. However, when I let her go down to about an eighth-full, Macro-Eat was not present. One adult and one teen had food in inventory; grilled cheese and chef salad, repectively.

scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009 November 05, 21:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pro tip: Stop making such fattening food.  If a single serving is more than what will safely fit in a child's stomach, macro-eat will prevent child abuse.

Actually I've had the same problem as Count.  They've never been able to macro->eat unless there is prepared food available on the lot.  I think that if I time it so that an adult is already laying out food during their macro->eat, then the kid can nab it, but otherwise no inventory food for them.  I ran tests in the past to verify that the food itself was fine, but don't remember the details clearly at this point.  Well, beyond "Yep, they should be able to eat this," that is.  I'm unsure if it's a factor in context, but I don't have FEY yet.

New test with gelatin, as it's notoriously not filling.
1. Child with ~1/3 hunger bar.  Had an adult serve Gelatin. 
2. Put both the serving platter and a single plate into the child's inventory: no macro->eat.
3. Put plate on the floor: macro->eat became available.
4. Used it and the child ate the gelatin on the floor.  When done, the child's hunger bar was at ~2/3.

Conclusion: it doesn't seem to be an issue of overly filling food.

ATM, I just toss some food on the floor when I notice the kids getting hungry, and let them have at it with macro->eat.  It's a hassle, but it hadn't gotten to the point where I could focus on getting an answer rather than getting distracted by all the tutorials, fixes, and shinies.  Which, incidentally, was how I found this. Wink

Today, though, I intended to tell an adult to Macro-Garden for an adult, but didn't realize that I still had a kid selected (there are seven sims in the house now, heh.) Macro-Eat was present for the child--despite the fact that her hunger bar was completely full and green. However, when I let her go down to about an eighth-full, Macro-Eat was not present. One adult and one teen had food in inventory; grilled cheese and chef salad, repectively.

Huh, weird.  Perhaps the kid was just shy of full and there was a mostly finished plate somewhere?  That or the kid has a bizzaro!stomach.  "Me not hungry!  Me very not hungry! *keels over*"
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009 November 06, 03:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, weird.  Perhaps the kid was just shy of full and there was a mostly finished plate somewhere?  That or the kid has a bizzaro!stomach.  "Me not hungry!  Me very not hungry! *keels over*"

Nope, no mostly finished plates. This I know because that house is yer basic box on one level with very little furniture (this is the farmer family and they don't get to have extraneous decor and furniture), and I took a good look around, because that seemed weird.

Hm. I think I'll give this kid thing some serious investigation for a change, and report back.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: 2009 November 20, 14:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be a dumb question, but does macros work with base game?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009 November 20, 18:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be a dumb question, but does macros work with base game?

Macrotastics (v0.91) for TS2U+

And it's not in the Pre-TS2U directory, so I'd say, no.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: 2009 November 20, 19:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping it was just an oversight. Oh well. At least I have BUY. ;p
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: 2009 November 20, 23:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go back a few pages, you'll find:

Is Macrotastics/AutoYak/BUY/etc compatible with the base game?  I have someone who wants it but doesn't have any EPs.  For that matter, is the lot debugger compatible with the base game?

In theory, it should work, although any multilevel menus of greater than one sublevel don't function correctly, so the Skillinator is out. However, I have never actually tested it under such a configuration and recommend a minimum of one expansion or stuffpack purely for the engine upgrade. Any stuffpack added ought to be enough to upgrade you to OFB-level engine.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009 November 21, 11:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains it, then. I've been wondering how nekonoai could use be used by BUY without any macro functionality. I only remembered JM saying that he recommended at least one SP for macrotastics, but I forgot why.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 2010 March 09, 22:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinator directed my sim to a nearby secret door bookshelf, where he stood for quite a while doing nothing while the Study interaction was pushed, canceled, and repushed.  I canceled the skillinator interaction, and was then able to successfully queue the Study interaction, but I note that the sim moved to the left before getting the book.  Is skillinator maybe positioning the sim incorrectly relative to the secret door bookshelf?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2010 May 04, 16:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro->Eat on an apartment lot seems to cause the Sim to repeatedly make group meals and store them in inventory without ever serving/taking a portion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2010 May 05, 00:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure how this is apartment specific, but I've never seen it. The most likely cause of this is some kind of strange custom food with bad attributes on it. That, or none of the foods made can be safely eaten for some reason. I'll take a look at that.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2011 February 23, 23:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a jump bug with macrotastics...

I have Deluxe (base+NL) and am using the version of macrotastics in the NL director's cut.

It comes up whenever I use auto-socialize and one of the participants is a child. The action will get canceled and the sims will reset.

I removed everything but Macrotastics from the Downloads folder and still got the same bug. What I had left in the folder was macrotastics, autosoc, autoyak, skillinator, bathroomusesyou, and sleepclock.

Any ideas?

Officially Weird
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2011 February 24, 00:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn on debug mode and attach the error log.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2011 February 24, 07:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, attached.

This was a teen to a child, macro->socialize. I took out everything but the above list of mods again, just to be on the safe side.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 24, 10:59:38 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Officially Weird
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: