More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 10:35:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Macro Control: Macrotastics
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macro Control: Macrotastics  (Read 446966 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Macro Control: Macrotastics
« Reply #250 on: 2008 October 01, 01:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lkekumu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 October 08, 08:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastics>>Skillinator does not recognize the medicine cabinet with the mirror (GUID=0x94F6A20C) as a mirror for training Charisma.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 October 08, 11:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The medicine cabinet is an unusual corner case. As the medicine cabinet is ALSO typically located in the BATHROOM, I am not going to update for this because I already have code in place to reject objects located in bathrooms. Thus, it would just add a pointless loop to seek out the object, only to then have to test for it being in the bathroom, and then reject it anyway because it is in the bathroom.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: 2008 October 08, 13:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinator -> Cooking will occaisionally lock when there's a TV but no bookcase on a lot.  I had this issue with the Newson brood that came with AL.  I placed them in a modified crappy default home with all the awesome things they need (sleep clocks, BUY controllers, flamingoes in the yard) and no other skill objects other than the TV.  Sometimes it worked like a charm and one kid would turn the TV on and they'd all plop down, but as soon as Eat would queue up for one of them and they began running around to fill their motives, they'd all eventually wind up with the macro icon in the queue but not flashing any sub-actions and the TV just sat there turned off like a lump.  The Sims themselves stood there doing nothing.  Eventually I gave up and installed a bookshelf.  I'm not convinced that this isn't just a problem with this family, as they have other issues plaguing them (one of the Toddlers cannot be trained to talk, walk, or be taught a nursery rhyme), but I figured it may be worth mentioning.

Of course, the answer of "quit being a cheap ass and buy a damn bookcase already" is perfectly acceptable.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: 2008 October 08, 13:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quit being a cheap ass and buy a damn bookcase already.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2008 October 08, 17:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just made a house with a single sim, a phone, a couch, a cheat, an espresso machine, fridge and bathroom.  All motives except social can be addressed, but for some reason, the macros are ignoring comfort...or just not seeing the couch..and I've tried several different couches and chairs, as well as a bed.

Before I re-installed the game to get a clean install, the macros would send sims to a couch, chair or bed to cure comfort...now they're not.

Ugh...this is happening again when trying to use the skillinator to get robotery.  It worked fine at the home lot because the sim would run to the bed, but in a workshop comm lot, it ignores the couch and just keeps looping between crafting attempt and motive bitching.

I'm sure the reason for this is the massive decay that robot crafting causes for comfort, but it's pretty annoying.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 October 08, 17:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinate ---> Creativity seems to be borked. The Sim just stands there and does nothing. Motives are full, aspiration platinum. Creativity items on lot: Grand Piano, Violin, Easel. All are accessible. Latest version from Director's Cut. HCDU reports no conflicts.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008 October 08, 17:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinate ---> Creativity seems to be borked. The Sim just stands there and does nothing. Motives are full, aspiration platinum. Creativity items on lot: Grand Piano, Violin, Easel. All are accessible. Latest version from Director's Cut. HCDU reports no conflicts.

Is the route open?  The violin is horrible about leaving an invisible tip jar that can block off the path through a room.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2008 October 08, 18:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not having any comfort problems to speak of.  I know it ignores comfort until it damn near bottoms out, but then they go to lounge normally for me.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 October 09, 02:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the route open?  The violin is horrible about leaving an invisible tip jar that can block off the path through a room.

Yes, I can order manual playing no problem. Piano and easel are also available.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008 October 10, 19:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any plans to provide support for the bookshelf/door/whateverthehellitis?  As it stands, the macros can't see route through them and don't even attempt to teleport so I have to keep manually teleporting or using the bookshelf.

And while it is a silly thing, I like the aesthetic of a hidden room for my witches and vampires and other such clandestine types.

Teleport is too a word, Google Chrome!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2008 October 12, 12:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any plans to provide support for the bookshelf/door/whateverthehellitis?  As it stands, the macros can't see route through them and don't even attempt to teleport so I have to keep manually teleporting or using the bookshelf.
This is an unrelated problem. The Bookshelf needs a "Portal" function to behave properly, which it lacks. Solutions for this issue are being pondered.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2008 October 24, 01:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Macrotastics/AutoYak/BUY/etc compatible with the base game?  I have someone who wants it but doesn't have any EPs.  For that matter, is the lot debugger compatible with the base game?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2008 October 24, 01:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory, it should work, although any multilevel menus of greater than one sublevel don't function correctly, so the Skillinator is out. However, I have never actually tested it under such a configuration and recommend a minimum of one expansion or stuffpack purely for the engine upgrade. Any stuffpack added ought to be enough to upgrade you to OFB-level engine.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2008 October 25, 21:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I have not been able to skillinate any of the special bookcase skills since I downloaded the AL version of the skillinator - all the menu options are there, but clicking on them doesn't do anything or put anything into the sim's queue.  I thought they might just not have been implemented yet.  The only thing I can think might be causing this is my not having FT (since parenting was introduced in FT and the skillinator might be depending on that code, or something).

Finally got some time to test this out - I took all non-awesome hacks out of my game, and what do you know - the problem persists.  No tight pants here.  I have all EPs except BV and FT installed.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008 October 25, 23:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that you are not using nonstandard bookcases and have not pulled a Ness.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 2008 October 26, 00:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used a perfectly ordinary, non-CC bookcase.  What do you mean by pulling a Ness?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2008 October 27, 14:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having an outdated version of the hack floating around in your downloads folder.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2008 October 27, 19:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh.  Nope.  I ran the HCDU a bit ago and it didn't find any duplicates.

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 October 29, 15:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is Hobbinate AUTO looking for when it generates a "Reference to tree table entry that does not exist" error in tree 'Hobbinate - Film & Literature'

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2008 October 29, 19:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TV, most likely. TVs are poorly-behaved objects. Which TV are you using on the lot that generates the error?

lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2008 October 30, 01:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right, it was a TV.  Some downloaded content that had not been updated to include newer TV options.  Normally I don't care about TVs missing Watch Movie, but in this case it bit me.  I swapped it out for a Maxis TV and the problem vanished.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 October 30, 20:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do Sims 'Call Targets' when told to hobbinate? What does making new friends have to do with it? I notice they do this even when their social bar is full.

My toddler just turned child and I told him to hobbinate. He sat on the sofa doing nothing. When I checked his queue it said 'call targets' but since he hadn't met anyone outside of his family yet, he just sat there doing nothing.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 October 31, 01:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really doing anything. Just ignore it, it's just command line test stompage. It's still doing its thing. Hobbinate will, however, automatically fix all status issues before commencing the hobbination. This includes unmaintained relationships, un-checked-in businesses, etc.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2008 October 31, 03:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A power idling sim threw this error (log attached).  If I may hazard a guess from the stack trace, it looks like autoyak was looking for enemies to harass and didn't find any.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: